Dexter

LedbetterusLedbetterus Posts: 592
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Best show on TV.

Discuss.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i recently caught a couple of epsiodes during a movie network preview that my cable company had. i am definitely intrigued and will be checking out the first season for sure!

it really makes your moral compass spin, as i found myself drawn to the main character, yet had to keep reminding myself what he was actually doing. in the episodes i saw, there was one officer who was following dexter and had a bad feeling about him and what he was up to. i actually hoped he wouldn't get caught.

i'll have to watch the first season then get caught up to see more of what it's all about, but it's a unique show and one that i look forward to getting more acquainted with.

also, his sister is hot as balls! :D
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    I have the first season on dvd. I've only caught the first episode of the 2nd season because it was a free preview for Showtime. I can't wait to see more of the episodes. I'll probably have to wait until them come on-line cause i don't want to have to wait until the dvd for 2nd season comes out.

it always leaves you guessing and you never know what twist the story is going to take next, and that makes for excellent T.V. I mean sure it's creepy and gory, but it's not like it's gratuitous creepiness and gore. you can't help but root for Dexter and hope to hell that he doesn't ever get caught.

and damn, Dexter is fucking sexy. he might be kinda twisted (for good reason) but he's smokin hot....just not in a conventional kind of way. :)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I've just started watching this at the weekend, must be half way through series one by now!

Great show, nice li'l twists and turns but not in the idiotic "Lost" kinda way!

Also, his sister has the oddest shaped head I've ever seen :p
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • I am up to date with the second season, it really is one of the best shows.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • I heart Dexter.... :D

Watching each new episode as it comes up on TMN On Demand is my Sunday morning ritual! Just saw Season 2, Episode 8 this weekend...

My sister and I were just discussing how we were gald that Dex is getting back in touch with his 'evil' side, because it had died down for most of Season 2! :confused::)
    also, his sister is hot as balls!

ummm... have you seen Lila? :eek: smokin! :D

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0773262/Ss/0773262/dexter_203_0958.jpg.html?path=pgallery&path_key=Murray,%20Jaime
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • I heart Dexter....

Watching each new episode as it comes up on TMN On Demand is my Sunday morning ritual! Just saw Season 2, Episode 8 this weekend...

My sister and I were just discussing how we were gald that Dex is getting back in touch with his 'evil' side, because it had died down for most of Season 2! :confused::)

ummm... have you seen Lila? :eek: smokin! :D

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0773262/Ss/0773262/dexter_203_0958.jpg.html?path=pgallery&path_key=Murray,%20Jaime

have to say that i find jennifer carpenter way more attractive. (i saw her pic in the list below your posted link...otherwise i didn't know her name). jaime murray, though...interesting. ;)

looking at her list of movies there, i haven't seen any of them...just might have to check them out...
  • Isn't this idea just ripped off from American Psycho? I dunno, I've just seen the commercials.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Isn't this idea just ripped off from American Psycho? I dunno, I've just seen the commercials.

No
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.

no, not even close.

The series is based off of the book Darkly Dreaming Dexter. A good read, but I'm liking the TV series better. The overall premise is fantastic. I'm about two weeks behind on my Dexter viewings.
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    great show, only started watching it myself recently as well
  • Dexter is one of my favorite shows. He's so complex. I know he's a killer and that's wrong, but I want him to be successful. I know it's so wrong. I also feel a little bit cheated if an episode airs in which he does not kill.
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,139
    I know he's a killer and that's wrong, but I want him to be successful. I know it's so wrong.

But its ok because he only kills other serial killers ........think of him as an independent facilitator for the justice system ;)
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Hawkshore wrote:
    But its ok because he only kills other serial killers ........think of him as an independent facilitator for the justice system ;)

"indepent facilitator for the justice system", now, THAT'S a gooder. :D
  • Apparently someone over at Showtime "leaked" the final two episodes of season two. I, not being a patient one, decided to go looking. You can find episodes 11 and 12 on probably any torrent site. That being said.. my original post still stands..

Best show on TV.

Amazing! I cannot put it into real words how great this show is! The scenes in the last two episodes we're simply brilliant. Michael C. Hall (Dexter) best be up for every award imaginable after his performance this year.. Incredible!
    Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."
  • Apparently someone over at Showtime "leaked" the final two episodes of season two. I, not being a patient one, decided to go looking. You can find episodes 11 and 12 on probably any torrent site. That being said.. my original post still stands..

Best show on TV.

Amazing! I cannot put it into real words how great this show is! The scenes in the last two episodes we're simply brilliant. Michael C. Hall (Dexter) best be up for every award imaginable after his performance this year.. Incredible!

No spoilers plz! :D I do agree tho...best show on TV by far!
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06