Options

2008 and beyond, Movie Thread

LedbetterusLedbetterus Posts: 592
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
A friend of mine found this list, or maybe he compiled it himself, interesting stuff here.. Some stuff I knew about, some I didn't... Anyone else have any more info on any of this or more just post it here!

Avatar (2009) - Sci-Fi epic directed by James Cameron (Titanic) with a budget of $190 million.

Bond 22 (2008) - James Bond flick.

The Dark Knight (2008) - Sequel to Batman Begins, starring Christian Bale as Batman and Heath Ledger as The Joker.

G.I. Joe (2009)

Halo - supposedly project fell through and is no longer in production.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2008)

The Hobbit - J.R.R. Tolkien classic which precedes The Lord of the Rings. It is a tale of Frodo's uncle, Bilbo Baggins, and how he was recruited by Gandalf to help some dwarves in their adventure to the Lonely Mountain to recover their treasure which was stolen by the dragon Smaug. Along the way Bilbo falls into a cave where he discovers a shiny ring and a creature named Gollum. Who knew that little ring would have so much significance?

Hopes were that Peter Jackson, director and producer of The Lord of the Ring series would head the project. However, he is currently in a legal battle with New Line Cinema. Recently, it seems they are beginning to settle their differences and Jackson may in fact still be on for the role. If not, Sam Raimi, the director of the Spiderman movies, will probably direct The Hobbit and Jackson will produce it. Either way, Jackson is expected to be involved.

The Incredible Hulk (2008) - This is hyped as a new and better adaptation of the superhero. Do not expect Ang Lee's 2003 disaster. Edward Norton plays Bruce Banner and the film will feature the villains General Thunderbolt Ross and The Abomination.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008) - Stars Harrison Ford and directed by Stephen Spielberg.

Justice League(2010) - Live-action movie featuring the heroes Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and others. Casting to be completed by the end of the year.

Magneto - Prequel to X-men, which focuses on the rise of the Supervillian.

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emporer (2008)

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (2008)

Sin City 2 (2008)

Spiderman 4 (no date)

Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins (2009) - Only details on this is that Arnold probably will not star. Also Christian Bale has supposedly signed on to play John Connor.

Thor - Based on the Marvel Comics character, the Norse god of thunder is banished to live as a human amongst mortal men.

Transformers 2 (2009) - Also directed by Michael Bay and continues with the battle between the Autobots and Decepticons.

Watchmen (2009) - Based on the DC Comics graphic novel

X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Prequel to X-Men focusing on Wolverine, played by Hugh Jackman.

Wonder Woman - Movie on hold due to Warner Brothers current focus on Justice League.

Discuss!
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Shantaram! Shantaram! Shantaram!! ~ 2009 Johnny Depp

Hurry up already!!! :D

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0429087/
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    what makes me sad is the number of times I said "ooooh" out loud.

damn you for uncovering my dorkness while I should be "working"

(sooo excited about magneto getting his own movie likewise wolverine)

Incredible hulk I want to have that movie die a horrible death!

but the hobbit!! YAY! (fingers crossed for Peter jackson!)
    they should have a dork smilie: B)
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    i loved the first Hulk. i hate people that didn't like it...just kidding.

Bana shoould have been back, oh well.

just read that The Dark Knight will focus a lot more on Dent than the Joker

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    i'm a regular fruit cup when it comes to the new indiana jones movie, i can't wait for it
  • Options
    I'm most excited for:

The Dark Knight

Burn After Reading (2008)- New Joel Coen film.

Pinkville (2008) - Oliver Stone's new project concerning the My Lai massacre.