Options

Call of Duty 4

LedbetterusLedbetterus Posts: 592
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
Haven't seen a thread on this, and I refuse to look.

Anyone loving this game? I hate war but hell, it's just a video game :D

It's probably the longest duration that a console game held my attention, and I still play every day since it came out!

I'm on XBox live, GT: Ledbetterus

If anyone want to fuck around.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    shaggy15shaggy15 Posts: 190
    i play when i can. awsome game i'm a rank 33 on live
    shaggy10680
    like a dog chasing a car, I do not know what i would do with it if i caught it----Joker

myspace.com/shaggy10680
  • Options
    LindaLinda Posts: 1,656
    my bf does, and i dont like war, but it sure is "fun" to watch......
    i'm not happy yet.....
  • Options
    I've been obsessed w/ the COD series since COD2. I love COD4..it's what I play mostly.

Add me as friend if you want to play, I'm "StevieRaveOn"..but I haven't been able to get onto XBOX live, I guess MSFT having problems lately.
    Bob Loblaw's Law Blog: "Why should YOU go to jail for a crime someone else noticed?"
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Great game!

I'm "mca47" on the Playstation Network.
  • Options
    I liked COD 2 & 3 way better. WWII combat is so much more interesting. This one was way too middle East and overly cinematic for me, and the missions were way too short. I finished it in no time, only one mission really gave me any trouble on hard. Graphics were good, the plot sucked, and the game was way too short.

I'd give it a 6/10 compared to 2 & 3. The beginning to 2 was actually scary, and felt real. I didn't get any that "fear" or sense of urgency with 4.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    I liked COD 2 & 3 way better. WWII combat is so much more interesting. This one was way too middle East and overly cinematic for me, and the missions were way too short. I finished it in no time, only one mission really gave me any trouble on hard. Graphics were good, the plot sucked, and the game was way too short.

I'd give it a 6/10 compared to 2 & 3. The beginning to 2 was actually scary, and felt real. I didn't get any that "fear" or sense of urgency with 4.

I agree that the single player was good but not great. The multiplayer is a ton of fun though.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    I agree that the single player was good but not great. The multiplayer is a ton of fun though.

totally agree. I love when some site admins mod the speed, guns, skins, maps, etc.. all at once.

crazy fun.

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    i was thinking of picking up the wii format. can anyone provide any reviews???
  • Options
    BrezBrez Posts: 570
    Please don't tell me I'm the only one here who plays it on the comp and has been since the original COD... I'd feel left out :(

On a more serious note yeah multiplayer is fuckin fun as hell.
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • Options
    MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    COD4 is a better game than Halo... hands down.
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    I'm chinobaeza on PSN :)....rank 22 ;)
  • Options
    Brez wrote:
    Please don't tell me I'm the only one here who plays it on the comp and has been since the original COD... I'd feel left out :(

I have them all for the PC. Such a great game. I've played Cod 2 with some of the craziest custom maps. On one deathmatch server, all the allies were skinny blonde sissy girls in short dresses with no underwear, and the guns were totally rediculous. Some pretty good laughs playing that game online. I prefer team deathmatch mode.

The only thing online better was a modded server I found of unreal tournament where you could throw your teleporter super far, but it would stick to anything, so you could situate yourself at the top of the map like a spider and snipe using fully automatic explosive rounds and a scope. Oh man devastating. Actually Unreal Tournament had THE best online game mods ever, especially the excessive overkill mod. Capture the flag was the best. I should probably load that thing up again sometime. Some of the maps were just incredible.

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    COD4 is a better game than Halo... hands down.

really? damn.

this might have to be the first game i get when i buy another 360.

the only other war game i have played online was Ghost Recon 2 and i hated it.

how are the spawn points on a game like this as opposed to a game like Halo?

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    i was thinking of picking up the wii format. can anyone provide any reviews???

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/wii/callofduty3

I heard it was pretty awful, especially compared to the other versions.
  • Options
    If you can avoid it, don't get the Wii version. CoD4 is a game that utilizes the Nex-Gen console graphics to the max, and the Wii doesn't have the capabilities that the PS3, 360, or a half-decent PC do.

Aside from graphical retardation on the Wii.. I have no clue how the Nintendo online system is. XBox Live is pretty good (Aside from some recent server issues) and I've only heard good things about PS3 Online.

As for spawn points. It depends on the game modes. *Mostly* you'll spawn around your team, especially in objective based modes like Domination and Headquarters. In a Team Death Match type game you tend to get some wacky spawns now and then, but as much as you spawn in front of an enemy, you also spawn behind them. Flanking is pretty necessary too, so the bad spawns turn good a lot of the time :D
    Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,838
    This is funny because you said "duty."
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    i'm on CoD4 all the time.. my gamertag is xX Benkei Xx
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    Brez wrote:

I'm scared to buy COD 4 through fear of it not running on my PC.....

I have call of duty 2 though...

Half Life 2 - Insurgency Mod is what i'm loving right now..... possibly similar idea to COD 4.... Modern US Marines vs Insurgents. Great fun... free Half Life 2 Mod.
  • Options
    Is this one of those World War II games? I don't know, I always thought it was somewhat insensitive to have a video game about WWII when we still have vets alive from that war. I can't bring myself to play a simulated war game of an event that killed tens of millions of people, I guess I'm just weird that way.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • Options
    MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    Is this one of those World War II games? I don't know, I always thought it was somewhat insensitive to have a video game about WWII when we still have vets alive from that war. I can't bring myself to play a simulated war game of an event that killed tens of millions of people, I guess I'm just weird that way.

It WAS a WWII game... now it is a modern warfare game in a fictitious world. No historical accuracy except geography.
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Love the multiplayer on this game. I'm a lvl 55 and am working on my headshot weapon upgrades at the moment :) I play it way more than Halo 3!
  • Options
    I love da game!