Options

What's the Best Big Three In NBA History?

g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
The Boston Celtics' trio of Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen has the team off to a torrid start, which is so nice for those long-suffering New England sports fans, who haven't had anything to cheer for since, say, five minutes ago. Our question: What was the best threesome in NBA history?

There's a small article by Desmond Bieler of the Washington Post on What's The Best Big Three In NBA History?

I have to agree with his list even though I'm a huge Celtics fan.

1. Magic Johnson, Kareem Abul-Jabar, James Worthy...best mainly because this combo was a pg/fwd/ctr..foward....center, they beat the Celtics in 2 championships too.

2. Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, and Robert Parrish...#2 only because they were foward, power foward and center not enough diversity.

3. Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen and fill in the Blank...H. Grant...Dennis Rodman..Paxson or Kerr. Jordan and pippen never had to do it completely alone.

4. Here's where we differ...Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu another great guard...guard/forward....center. 3 championships

5. Bill Russell, John Havlicek and Bob Cousy add all their championships individually together you get 25! that's right 25!

Peace
*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
.....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    g under p wrote:
    There's a small article by Desmond Bieler of the Washington Post on What's The Best Big Three In NBA History?

1. Magic Johnson, Kareem Abul-Jabar, James Worthy...best mainly because this combo was a pg/fwd/ctr..foward....center, they beat the Celtics in 2 championships too.

2. Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, and Robert Parrish...#2 only because they were foward, power foward and center not enough diversity.

3. Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen and fill in the Blank...H. Grant...Dennis Rodman..Paxson or Kerr. Jordan and pippen never had to do it completely alone.

4. Here's where we differ...Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu another great guard...guard/forward....center. 3 championships

5. Bill Russell, John Havlicek and Bob Cousy add all their championships individually together you get 25! that's right 25!

Peace

my top 3 are:
    magic, kareem, worthy
    russell, havlicek, cousy
    bird, mchale, parrish
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    no question magic, kareem and james followed by bird et al.......thing that bums me out is because of free agency and out and out greed by players/agents we will never see teams like that again.....i'm glad i lived in the time that i did to completely experience the nba in the 80's....:)
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    Boston Three Party :)

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Garrnett, Allen, and Pierce! hands down, they are single handedly taking this team to the championship.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    My Top Five of Big Three:

1: Jordan, Pipen & supporting cast (6 championship together).
    2: Magic, Kareem & Worthy (5 championship)
    3: Timmy, Tony & Manu
    4: Bird, McHale & Parish
    5: Pierce, Garnett & Allen

I'll exclude any team before the late 70's because I don't think it was that competitive.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    Jordan, Pippen, and Kukoc.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    the three amigos.
  • Options
    mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    brain of c wrote:
    the three amigos.

Dusty Bottoms owned the low post
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    g under p wrote:

Peace
    I really think #5 should be #1...but how much time did the three actually play together???

As much as I hated them, The Magic show should be either #1 or #2. In a couple of years, the Spurs threesome might take that slot.

The NBA was always the least competitive of the major U.S./N.A. leagues. Between 1980 and 1990, only four different teams won Championships.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    mrwalkerb wrote:
    Dusty Bottoms owned the low post

...not you, dusty.