Options

* The Official, Thank God Im NOT Going To Bonaroo Thread*

satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Discuss........I am thrilled to death that I decided to wait, and look what the east coast got!!!!!! YES!!!!
*Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
DC- 2006, 2008
New York- 2008, 2010
Boston - Fenway 2016
New Jersey- 2006
Chicago - 2007
Seattle- 2005
EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    maybe your best post ever...
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,885
    I think Bonaroo is going to be a great time, I just did not have $1000 to drop on it.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    my2hands wrote:
    maybe your best post ever...

Thanks dude, whoever you are
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    Why would you go?
    Tickets are beyond expensive for a shortened setlist and terrible heat and conditions to pay way too much for water and food and to deal with other short sets by bands that aren't that good.
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    piombapiomba Posts: 103
    Definately was drawn because of PJ but it will be my first "camping" festival. And my wife wanted to go, so win, win. Looking for an adventure I suppose, sure I'll find a few while in Manchester.
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Actually setlists at Bonnaroo are not short. Also, I've never had such a fun time for the money spent. Even spending $600 on VIP I will still pay less going to Bonnaroo than if I went to 2 PJ shows. Going VIP at Roo last year I barely spent any other money as food was included. If I went to the MSG shows I'd spend $200/night on a hotel, $30 a day on parking, and I'm sure a lot of money on food. I think Bonnaroo is great value for the $, and I'll get to see at least 30-40 hours of music in 4 days, as opposed to say 5 hours going to 2 PJ shows.

Sure PJ road trips are fun as hell, but don't knock Bonnaroo until you've experienced it.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Actually setlists at Bonnaroo are not short. Also, I've never had such a fun time for the money spent. Even spending $600 on VIP I will still pay less going to Bonnaroo than if I went to 2 PJ shows. Going VIP at Roo last year I barely spent any other money as food was included. If I went to the MSG shows I'd spend $200/night on a hotel, $30 a day on parking, and I'm sure a lot of money on food. I think Bonnaroo is great value for the $, and I'll get to see at least 30-40 hours of music in 4 days, as opposed to say 5 hours going to 2 PJ shows.

Sure PJ road trips are fun as hell, but don't knock Bonnaroo until you've experienced it.

good stuff... i thought the VIP would be the way to go... how was the food? is it quality?
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    Red Lukin wrote:

Coventry killed all my festival aspirations
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    Red Lukin wrote:

This is what I've heard. I can't wait for Bonnaroo. It will be the best show of the tour.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,330
    I'm happy you're not going too!

THis mini-tour is the best thing EVER for Roo goers--- Less people that didn't -really- want to be there in the first place!

YAY!!!!!!
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Discuss........I am thrilled to death that I decided to wait, and look what the east coast got!!!!!! YES!!!!

I am totally with you :D
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,840
    smithnic wrote:
    Tickets are beyond expensive for a shortened setlist

wrong.

and wrong.

one day of music (into the wee hours of the morning) costs less than one pearl jam ticket for 2 1/2 hours of music. I paid 235 with fees, and that's just below 60 bucks a day. Tickets are not expensive when you consider the value with all the bands and using the grounds to camp for four nights.

And their setlist will NOT be short. There are no deadlines / curfews at Bonnaroo.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II