Options

Summer Holidays...

urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
edited March 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
Yeah... I know it's early, but I just sorted mine :)

Two weeks of fun. Sun (hopefully), Sea (definitely), and Sand (everywhere;)).

Lots of good times coming up with my kids and my b/f. I love having something to look forward to :D

What you doing/where you going?
A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Yeah... I know it's early, but I just sorted mine :)

Two weeks of fun. Sun (hopefully), Sea (definitely), and Sand (everywhere;)).

Lots of good times coming up with my kids and my b/f. I love having something to look forward to :D

What you doing/where you going?

Yep, I need to sort the details but looks like it's happening. :)
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    No plans really yet. Im planning on going on a short trip in May but I don't know what Im going to do later on....
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    Where are you actually going then?

I'm going to Mallorca. Can't wait but a bit nervous about travelling with baby for the first time.
  • Options
    comebackwomancomebackwoman Posts: 7,271
    Well...I went to Australia during my fiance's summer...so now he'll be here for mine! It was booked months ago and as luck would have it....it coincides perfectly with the east coast tour! So my summer holiday will involve going to various PJ shows :D and day trips to the beach, etc....and making up for lost time! :)
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    It snowed in town a little today :eek:
    NERDS!
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    i must take a vacation this summer. the only sucky part is my girlfriend just started a new job and her PTO doesn't kick in for a few months, so it's tough to plan something now!

but i'd like to do vegas!
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    just got back from a week in dominican republic so for the upcomingsummer i will plan some get aways close by ,camping on the beach & a few other places that i can drive too ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,796
    just got back from a week in dominican republic so for the upcomingsummer i will plan some get aways close by ,camping on the beach & a few other places that i can drive too ...
    how was the vacation???

i was thinking about you when these tickets went on sale...

are you going to any of these shows????
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069
    Nothing planned yet, but I am sure my wife and I will plan a quick jaunt to Florida to visit my uncle and perhaps some fishing...hopefully some deep sea action.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Options
    VONVON Posts: 259
    OH wow! oh wow! I've got the BEST summer planned.

First I'm going on tour around Europe to Denmark, Germany, Czech, Hungary, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, France, Belgium then Holland! I can't wait.

Then I'll spend some time in the south of France at the beach.

During August my Mum is comming over from Australia and we're heading over to the U.K. I'm so excited!!

AND.. the best part is that I'll only have to wait 3 months for my next summer!! Which I will spend back home in Aus. :D
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    beach house every weekend ;)

wooo hooooo
  • Options
    PiCTuReKePTPiCTuReKePT Posts: 311
    the imbalancy of the weather conditions prevents me from longing for them
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Bulgaria

2 weeks of watching bears dance in the street and a pint costing 30pence = awesomeness encapsulated ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    hubby and i haven't had a week off together during summer months in YEARS. even while i was teaching, he couldn't get time in the summer. no big deal really...but finally, this year.....a week in june! more if he wanted it too! soooooooooo...we WERE planning on going to seattle, he took the time, etc....coincide with our anniversary. then pj announced their tour. :D so, change of plans! we'll go to DC for our anniversary weekend, live it up a bit....then both MSGs shows back at home....and then enjoy time together! we'll go away in november for my 40th birthday! :eek: :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    This summer I am taking my first trip to New York! It has me way too long to get there. But seeing PJ will make the wait so worth it! :D Can't wait! :D:D
  • Options
    Hopefully going to Devon for a week with my boyfriend and the usual suspects (PJ fans and Pit members) for good times, a bit of investigating, booze, mischief and surfing :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Hopefully going to Devon for a week with my boyfriend and the usual suspects (PJ fans and Pit members) for good times, a bit of investigating, booze, mischief and surfing :D

holy shit!! there's surf in england? :p:D:D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    holy shit!! there's surf in england? :p:D:D

well... there's froth... that counts as surf doesn't it?... doesn't it?!

:p
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    well... there's froth... that counts as surf doesn't it?... doesn't it?!

:p

im australian, so no sian, it doesn't. :p:D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    im australian, so no sian, it doesn't. :p:D

damn you and your Big Wave! (see what I did there?)

well... we'll just have to paddle our way through the delightful beaches of Devon, in the froth and used condoms, getting pecked at by seagulls and tutted at by old people and pretend we're surfing, ok?! :p;)

• Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    well Cate, my boyfriend just spent the last week surfing in that very spot :)

So yep, I'm just back from my first holiday this year :( it was fab... oh so fab.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    No fair, I wanna go surfing :(
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    damn you and your Big Wave! (see what I did there?)

well... we'll just have to paddle our way through the delightful beaches of Devon, in the froth and used condoms, getting pecked at by seagulls and tutted at by old people and pretend we're surfing, ok?! :p;)

well theres used needles, seagulls, old people and bloody tourists to wade through at bondi. but sure pretend youre surfing. tis all cool. :p:D:D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

So yep, I'm just back from my first holiday this year :( it was fab... oh so fab.

did you actually see him do this so called surfing helen? if not then i suspect he's telling you stories. ;):p:D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

and now.... to make you even more depressed, you have a week with me to look forward to! :p
    No fair, I wanna go surfing :(

come with us then... :)

• Options
    well theres usued needles, seagulls, old people and bloody tourists to wade through at bondi. but sure pretend youre surfing. tis all cool. :p:D:D
    well this is the beach I was at.

http://www.amberwood-devon.co.uk/saunton.gif

http://www.devon-online.com/towns/braunton/images/sauntosands.jpg

http://www.cottageholidaydevon.net/17.jpg

Can't recall seeing ONE bit of rubbish on it :eek: one of the days he was surfing on his own, the other days there were fuck all people in. Me him and babs even drank in the dunes one night and there was NOBODY :eek: It was beautiful. I can't wait to upload my pics... I got some great ones.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    come with us then... :)

I would love to, it's just trying to get time from work & stuff. I guess I will have to see how things are nearer the time :)
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    did you actually see him do this so called surfing helen? if not then i suspect he's telling you stories. ; ) : p : D
    :) Yep, I did... and I couldn't fucking believe it... the water was fucking freezing :eek: Babs and I went in up to our knees which was refreshing... but my legs were stinging, lol.

We'd pretty good weather though so we got lucky.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    well this is the beach I was at.

http://www.amberwood-devon.co.uk/saunton.gif

http://www.devon-online.com/towns/braunton/images/sauntosands.jpg

Can't recall seeing ONE bit of rubbish on it :eek: one of the days he was surfing on his own, the other days there were fuck all people in. Me him and babs even drank in the dunes one night and there was NOBODY :eek: It was beautiful. I can't wait to upload my pics... I got some great ones.

nice beaches. where the surf? :p:D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    nice beaches. where the surf? :p:D
    they're not MY pics... and they're more summery cos I wanted to show the beach. I'll show ya when I upload em.

And Cate... yes we know you're Australian :rolleyes: :p but oz is only more famous for surf cos the weather's better... but do you REALLY think the Atlantic doesn't produce waves? :eek: the west coast of Ireland has some of the best.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life