Options

***The Knitting Thread***

urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
edited June 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
Apologies if this has been done before.

Are there any knitting, crocheting, stitching or generally crafty PJers out there?

I picked up the needles after quite a long break the other day (my bro's gf is having a baby, there's nothing like a new person to inspire you :)) and I love it.

It's relaxing, productive and there's no feeling like making something yourself to instill a sense of achievement.

So c'mon and lets stitch and bitch :D:D
A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I don't knit but I've always wanted one of those thick wooly Icelandic Christmas jumpers. Any takers? :o
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    bambi girlbambi girl Posts: 406
    I can only knit a scarf....can't get my head around patterns! But i have a few scarves now for the christmas shoeboxes. :) What are you making for the baby?

I sew a lot, machine sewing......i make stitched illustrations mostly....so not really conventional sewing.

i recently just got a kiln, too....so i'm making glass pieces....and my own glass beads for my jewellery making. I am getting such a kick out of that...ahh, making things is too fun :D
  • Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Apologies if this has been done before.

Are there any knitting, crocheting, stitching or generally crafty PJers out there?

I picked up the needles after quite a long break the other day (my bro's gf is having a baby, there's nothing like a new person to inspire you :)) and I love it.

It's relaxing, productive and there's no feeling like making something yourself to instill a sense of achievement.

So c'mon and lets stich and bitch :D:D

Hey, is this another one of your euphemisms for masturbation? I'm not falling for that... again.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    bambi girl wrote:
    I can only knit a scarf....can't get my head around patterns! But i have a few scarves now for the christmas shoeboxes. :) What are you making for the baby?

I sew a lot, machine sewing......i make stitched illustrations mostly....so not really conventional sewing.

i recently just got a kiln, too....so i'm making glass pieces....and my own glass beads for my jewellery making. I am getting such a kick out of that...ahh, making things is too fun :D
    Cool :cool:

I just finished a jumper for the baby and I'm now knitting a bolero jacket for my niece's birthday :)

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    I don't knit but I've always wanted one of those thick wooly Icelandic Christmas jumpers. Any takers? :o
    Ask Santa ;)

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    Knit all of your children matching sweatshirts with a horrible pattern on. And make them all wear them. And pose for photos. They will love it.

This is what my grandmother did to (for? i'm not sure...) us.

Oh wait...we hated it. :p
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    i'll admit it!!!!

i'm addicted to cross-stitching.... :o

lucky for me, all my friends are having babies.... so it's Winnie The Pooh samplers for everyone!! :D
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    i'll admit it!!!!

i'm addicted to cross-stitching.... :o

lucky for me, all my friends are having babies.... so it's Winnie The Pooh samplers for everyone!! :D
    I cross stitch too, though its been a while since I did any.

Yep....new baby=new projects :)

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    ooh! *jumps excitedly up and down* me! me!

I knit and crochet every now and then. that is, when I've got materials.. I'm a bit lazy when it comes to buying them.. :rolleyes:

I can only do simple patterns though. like stripes or squares, but that's quite fine by me. last Christmas I made a few mini-mittens for friends and that was fun.

I also like to try "new" stuff by crocheting. recently I made a tiny butterfly. I've also made small stuffed animals (a cat and a mouse) by knitting and crocheting.

I should actually buy some more thread.. this thread made me want to make something!! :D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:
    ooh! *jumps excitedly up and down* me! me!

I knit and crochet every now and then. that is, when I've got materials.. I'm a bit lazy when it comes to buying them.. :rolleyes:

I can only do simple patterns though. like stripes or squares, but that's quite fine by me. last Christmas I made a few mini-mittens for friends and that was fun.

I also like to try "new" stuff by crocheting. recently I made a tiny butterfly. I've also made small stuffed animals (a cat and a mouse) by knitting and crocheting.

I should actually buy some more thread.. this thread made me want to make something!! :D
    I'm the opposite...I buy so much stuff I could never find time to complete all the projects I plan :o

I can't get the hang of crochet, it just doesn't work for me, but I can knit almost anything if I can find the patience. I love to make stuffed toys, once I made a big rag-doll with a whole wardrobe of clothes for a friends little girls christmas.

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    I'm the opposite...I buy so much stuff I could never find time to complete all the projects I plan :o

I can't get the hang of crochet, it just doesn't work for me, but I can knit almost anything if I can find the patience. I love to make stuffed toys, once I made a big rag-doll with a whole wardrobe of clothes for a friends little girls christmas.

hehe. I used to know how to knit socks.. but I've forgotten. :o

but crocheting.. it's so easy! :D well, if you're not trying to make something like lace. lol.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,071
    I love to crochet---it really relaxes me and I can "zone out" all my problems!!! Learned to crochet in 4th grade. Cannot knit to save my life though.

I recently made this: misc019.jpg

I try to learn new patterns alot so it does not get too boring. I tried my hand at graphing a blanky once and gave it to someone here:
    misc003.jpg
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    I love to crochet---it really relaxes me and I can "zone out" all my problems!!! Learned to crochet in 4th grade. Cannot knit to save my life though.

I recently made this: misc019.jpg

I try to learn new patterns alot so it does not get too boring. I tried my hand at graphing a blanky once and gave it to someone here:
    misc003.jpg

oh those are excellent!! I could never make anything like that, I'm not patient enough. :D
  • Options
    Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    Lizard wrote:

misc003.jpg
    Holy shit, that's awesome!
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Yay for an AET Stitch and Bitch!
    :p

I love to sew. :o
    And I have a little one that is more than happy to accept my work. :)
    My favorite part is picking out the fabric. And when it is something for my son, I let him pick it out. :)
    I used to crochet, but just can't do it in the summer.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,071
    You don't HAVE to be an old lady (like me!!) to crochet!!....

http://www.guidepostsmag.com/guideposts-favorites-archive/?i=2312
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    Are you guys kidding me with this thread?
    Pearl Jam Knitters? Fuuuuuuck me.
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.