Options

What is up with Karl Pilkington?

MattCameronKicksButtMattCameronKicksButt Posts: 4,317
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
Is he REALLY that stupid or is he a genius in disguise? He's SO funny!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    I have to say, I think he's the funniest guy around...because he's just natural, not trying...surely he can't be trying. I got a book of his for xmas...classic stuff!
    make your own minds up...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQBlZIXu3Yg
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    MCKB!!!
    I LOVE YOU FOR REMINDING ME THAT KARL IS CLEARLY JESUS REINCARNATED.

I have the Karl book - and I giggle like a fucktard when reading it.

god bless him - I think he truly is a seriously stupid man.
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Is he REALLY that stupid or is he a genius in disguise? He's SO funny!

yep he is really is that stupid... but he's also some form of comedy genius. he cant even spell genius.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Thanks both of you. I'll have to read his book. I'm sure what he says is even funnier written down but do you REALLY think he's that stupid, FP? :D

He makes me laugh until I almost cry. :D
  • Options
    Thanks both of you. I'll have to read his book. I'm sure what he says is even funnier written down but do you REALLY think he's that stupid, FP? :D

I would like to think that he is really that stupid, because it helps to explain some people I know who - are just as stupid, but without a Ricky Gervais to make them funny.
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Options

you know i think he's a normal type of funny guy you could possibly meet in a pub somewhere.. but Gervais?Merchant gave him a platform and he's went with it...

your signature makes me stroke my chest in a clockwise fashion though, is that by someone who stands heroically in front of old nuns every morning or is it some other heroic person?

that took me 9 minutes to type :rolleyes:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    you know i think he's a normal type of funny guy you could possibly meet in a pub somewhere.. but Gervais?Merchant gave him a platform and he's went with it...

your signature makes me stroke my chest in a clockwise fashion though, is that by someone who stands heroically in front of old nuns every morning or is it some other heroic person?

that took me 9 minutes to type :rolleyes:

That was Billy Connely.

You may be right about the Merchant/Gervais thing but have you seen the part with Gervais winding Merchant up? (I think it's on the Politics DVD. He follows him into the toilet, etc. So funny, yet so annoying. HAHA).
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,450
    I loved when they released the new podcasts every Monday few years back...Karl is a genius....I wish I could view the world as he does!

I hope he catches on in America!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I loved when they released the new podcasts every Monday few years back...Karl is a genius....I wish I could view the world as he does!

I hope he catches on in America!

I thought this was only in Britain. You're cool! :) IMO
  • Options
    That was Billy Connely.

asyou know the Big Yin is one of my comedy heroes.. if not the one.. but he didnt enter me and then type that!!! i typed that... and yes he did enter me :)
  • Options
    I thought this was only in Britain. You're cool! :) IMO

I am big into British humor....we went to see Frank Skinner in November at the Hammersmith Apollo...seeing Eddie Izzard tom'w night...Ricky Gervais in July.

In the past, I have seen Dylan Moran, Dave Gorman, among others.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    asyou know the Big Yin is one of my comedy heroes.. if not the one.. but he didnt enter me and then type that!!! i typed that... and yes he did enter me :)

...I didn't feel like putting the wink. :D

I'm trying to limit my smilies. It's part of my new years resolution.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I am big into British humor....we went to see Frank Skinner in November at the Hammersmith Apollo...seeing Eddie Izzard tom'w night...Ricky Gervais in July.

:eek: What was Dylan Moran like? Was he funny? :)
  • Options
    :eek: What was Dylan Moran like? Was he funny? :)

He was hilarious...made some good observations about Los Angeles!

I also saw "Forced Entertainment"....very risque humour!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Crumbs you must be out on your own....I'd never though an American would laugh at Karl.
    Izzard is the man, I'd love to see him live.
  • Options
    jamie uk wrote:
    Crumbs you must be out on your own....I'd never though an American would laugh at Karl.
    Izzard is the man, I'd love to see him live.

Well, I have a very dry sense of humor, so I like comics who are subtle in expressing their wacky thoughts!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Well, I have a very dry sense of humor, so I like comics who are subtle in expressing their wacky thoughts!
    You are?.....are you sure you're American???;)
    *disclaimer for American fan club...I am kidding*
  • Options
    jamie uk wrote:

never diss americans my friend... some of the greatest americans on this forum are american.

i need to see The Izzard before he dies in a freak mascara accident
  • Options
    jamie uk wrote:

I am an American who would LOVE to live in London.....my family is orig from Leeds, so I have british blood!
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    never diss americans my friend... some of the greatest americans on this forum are american.

Its ok to diss America as a whole, but not all of us are dodgy rednecks!
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

That is so rich coming from you...haha!! You got me...oh, I'm helpless...my ribs hurt like I'm giving John Holmes a room for the night.....
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I am seeing Eddie Izzard too!!!!

:D

IF a loud Mexifornian is laughing her ass off and getting drunk well then, it may be me...or just another night in LA! hahahahaha muahahahahahahaa! jajajajajajajajajajaja!! *wipes eye with glee at being part of a majority again*
  • Options
    I am seeing Eddie Izzard too!!!!

:D

IF a loud Mexifornian is laughing her ass off and getting drunk well then, it may be me...or just another night in LA! hahahahaha muahahahahahahaa! jajajajajajajajajajaja!! *wipes eye with glee at being part of a majority again*

tomorrow night?
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I wouldn't diss anyone, let alone America..you gave us such things as.....liberation from the Nazi's, Pearl jam, Metallica, Alice Cooper, Anthrax, Ray Lamontagne, The Handsome Family.....erm, big macs, and weak beer...
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

yeah i know amigo.. i've got to know some really excellent folk from america in the last few months.. i consider it a privilege for them to even know me.

please please please give us guys a review of Izzards gig tomorrow... the guy is untouchable in the world of surrrealist comedy!!!
  • Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    jamie uk wrote:
    I have to say, I think he's the funniest guy around...because he's just natural, not trying...surely he can't be trying. I got a book of his for xmas...classic stuff!
    make your own minds up...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQBlZIXu3Yg
    Hahaha! I laughed so hard at that!
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    nope tonight.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    yeah i know amigo.. i've got to know some really excellent folk from america in the last few months.. i consider it a privilege for them to even know me.

please please please give us guys a review of Izzards gig tomorrow... the guy is untouchable in the world of surrrealist comedy!!!

jeeeesus Dunk.

you are getting soft and it's too damned early for that! muahahahahaaa...

nice to americans??

ya soddy ol' drunk!
  • Options

Thank you, it's a funny clip.....
  • Options

It's HILARIOUS! Isn't it!?!

'What happens when the monkeys finish their shift?'