Options

Happy Birthday, Urban Hiker!

MattCameronKicksButtMattCameronKicksButt Posts: 4,317
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
33 eh? 'You're knees start to go... Candy doesn't taste as good anymore...' - Bart Simpson. :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    Happy Birthday!

I just turned 33 too....I think....wait, how old am I?? :p
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Happy Birthday!!!! Theres no time to grow old!!!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    SENROCK! wrote:
    Happy Birthday!!!! Theres no time to grow old!!!!!

And remember to spend it all!
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    sennin wrote:
    And remember to spend it all!

THATS RIGHT.
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Happy Birthday!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Happy Birthday!
    Have a great day.
    :)
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    LindaLinda Posts: 1,656
    Have a happy one!!!!! :):)
    i'm not happy yet.....
  • Options
    Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    Thanks, everyone. My lazy ass just got up, thanks to the FedEx delivery of my new electronic leash, er, I mean, uh, my new Green EnV cellphone. :o:p

Now I'm going to have some breakfast and a couple of cups of tea. Then I'm heading out to enjoy this potentially record breaking rain - WooHoo!!! :D
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
  • Options
    Thanks, everyone. My lazy ass just got up, thanks to the FedEx delivery of my new electronic leash, er, I mean, uh, my new Green EnV cellphone. :o:p

Now I'm going to have some breakfast and a couple of cups of tea. Then I'm heading out to enjoy this potentially record breaking rain - WooHoo!!! :D

Be a rebel! It's your birthday. Have three cups of tea!
  • Options
    HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!!
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    happy b-day!!!! :D
  • Options
    Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    Had a decent b-day. The weather out there was awesome! Not too cold, but super wet and windy. I was loving it! :D

Unfortunately, my late start on the day had a price. I was counting on visiting the warm, beautiful and free Volunteer Park Conservatory as a quick respite from the weather, but as I was walking up two BUSLOADS of old people were filing into the conservatory. What the fuck! :mad: It was 20 minutes to closing time and the conservatory is too small for more than (IMO) six people at a time. So, no conservatory for me.

I have to admit that left me feeling a little misanthropic, so I sat on a bench across the field from the busses, munching on some trail mix, drinking my Pumpkin Protein Odwalla and staring the decrepit old tourists down with dagger eyes while muttering miserable nothings to myself.

Ah well, off to my next plan for the day – climbing a tree. I’ve admired the trees around Volunteer Park SO many times yearning to hoist myself into their branches. Many look as if they were grown just for climbing. Turns out, I’m 33 and in need of a lot more flexibility and upper body strength. :o

I wasn’t able to actually climb up into a tree, but I did get far enough to make gaining more strength and flexibility some SERIOUS goals. I will climb one of those trees before I turn 34!

Overall, it was a fun outing. I was soaked to the bone by the time I got to the park, but on the way back the rain slowed down and the wind picked up, so I was almost dry by the time I got home. :p

I love playing outside. :D

Thank you all for your birthday wishes.
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.