Options

Don't you just get butterflies when...

MattCameronKicksButtMattCameronKicksButt Posts: 4,317
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
...you meet someone with the same taste in music? I just got a taxi. The driver was Polish and I politely asked him what CD he had in his car. (Making the presumtion that as he had a CD in his car, he had to be a fan of music, therefore, MUST like alternative rock. :D)
He said 'erm, it's a Polish band... not many people like them... they're what you call punk rock'. :D He said 'the best way to describe them is likea the banda, The Clash'. I pulled this face - :D

I didn't ask him what the band were called because I knew I'd forget. I' said thanks for letting me listen to some good music in the car and he said 'Great. Not many people like listening to my music'. :cool:

So there you go... that was the highlight of my day! :o
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I remember one fantastic night in a pub... one of those wonderful nights where everybody talks to everybody... I met about 7 seperate fans of PJ :eek: and proper big fans... one of them got super excited and showed me his ipod with lotsa PJ on it. AND they were all male and they were all cute :D

The guy I was there with was like 'I really must listen to Pearl Jam more often' :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    As some of you know, I work for a homeless charity. A short while ago I found out that one of our residents is a big PJ fan. That was odd! She's Portuguese, and they're obviously huge over there, so...
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    LindaLinda Posts: 1,656
    As some of you know, I work for a homeless charity. A short while ago I found out that one of our residents is a big PJ fan. That was odd! She's Portuguese, and they're obviously huge over there, so...

oh i know. portugese people love pj.....
    i'm not happy yet.....
  • Options
    Linda wrote:

It was just totally cool to find out that someone going to my courses and workshops was a PJ fan, especially in an environment where EVERYONE'S into hiphop and RnB. :D We sometimes play PJ during my arts workshops for background music :) I've managed to convert a colleague.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    LindaLinda Posts: 1,656
    It was just totally cool to find out that someone going to my courses and workshops was a PJ fan, especially in an environment where EVERYONE'S into hiphop and RnB. :D We sometimes play PJ during my arts workshops for background music :) I've managed to convert a colleague.

haha, me too, i have converted a few.....
    i'm not happy yet.....
  • Options
    Linda wrote:

I went to Lisbon once. I had that same feeling when I was flicking through the local radio stations and 'daughter' was playing. The Portugese are cool!
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I definitely do! I was talking to a friend of a friend and turns out she was a mad PJ head back in the day... the two of us had a mad rant about them :)

Music is awesome!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    I definitely do! I was talking to a friend of a friend and turns out she was a mad PJ head back in the day... the two of us had a mad rant about them :)

Music is awesome!

You get all excited don't you? Well, I do.

It's like being part of a club. Maybe us PJ fans need a special hand shake? ;)
  • Options
    I remember one fantastic night in a pub... one of those wonderful nights where everybody talks to everybody... I met about 7 seperate fans of PJ :eek: and proper big fans... one of them got super excited and showed me his ipod with lotsa PJ on it. AND they were all male and they were all cute :D

The guy I was there with was like 'I really must listen to Pearl Jam more often' :D

was that the PJ meetup night out in March last year??

:p
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    You get all excited don't you? Well, I do.

It's like being part of a club. Maybe us PJ fans need a special hand shake? ;)

Yeah I used to get super excited, but if found there's much more PJ fans around nowadays than there used to be. It still makes my heart feel a li'l warm and fuzzy though ;)
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    was that the PJ meetup night out in March last year??

:p
    :D funny enough... nope! It was just some random night and they seemed to be coming from everywhere :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I was just walking past the notice board in my university an hour ago having spent the last 2 hours in the pub boring my friends with talk about music when I saw an ad for musicians wanted for a band influenced by "Godspeed You! Black Emperor (my favourite band besides PJ), Mogwai, Miles Davis and John Coltrane". I nearly died. I took the number down immediately. I've been dying to join or start a band like this for ages but no one I know likes the same music.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"