Options

if one more person says this to me....

yellowbirdyellowbird Posts: 184
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
i will SCREAM!!!

"Are you all ready for Christmas?"
or this
"I just can't wait until it's all over!"

now that's the way to enjoy the celebration of the birth of Christ! we've made it into such a busy, expensive, commercial time and we just can't wait until it's over. what a bunch of fuckers.

on Christmas Eve i shall sit in a comfy chair, with a glass of homemade wine in hand and just gaze at the star on top of the tree. and forget about the rest of the world..........
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    X-mas is all about the food for me. Everything else is secondary. Booze being a very close second, of course.
  • Options
    chikevinchikevin Posts: 421
    yellowbird wrote:
    on Christmas Eve i shall sit in a comfy chair, with a glass of homemade wine in hand and just gaze at the star on top of the tree. and forget about the rest of the world..........
    hope you have a good one.
    if you don't have an annoying situation, even better.
  • Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    I always laugh and say no......I like to take my time and enjoy the process!! Our tree is up, but not decorated...today we will do that, I have 4 sons, am I wrapped....of cause not! Tonight hubby and I will do it and have fun with it. It isn't a race! I also have a few more things to get, and also need to go to the grocery store... it can wait until tomorrow, Xmas eve! He he he....

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    PJaddicted wrote:
    I always laugh and say no......I like to take my time and enjoy the process!! Our tree is up, but not decorated...today we will do that, I have 4 sons, am I wrapped....of cause not! Tonight hubby and I will do it and have fun with it. It isn't a race! I also have a few more things to get, and also need to go to the grocery store... it can wait until tomorrow, Xmas eve! He he he....

oxc

I'm the same way...well,I'm not married with 4 boys but I've still got all that stuff to do. My dad is coming today...bro, sis, their spouses, niece, nephews too. I just finished decorating my tree yesterday (I take my time with it. It's been up since the first weekend of December, lights on it with a couple ornaments that are close to my heart and I always put them on first). My meatballs are in sauce, I have to wrap a few gifts, clean my house and shower. I have to brave the grocery store tomorrow for fresh rolls for Christmas Day at my sister's and I have a quiet evening with my dogs planned for tonight (after everyone leaves) and Christmas Eve. Plenty of time for me...plenty of time with family & friends. It's all good......
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Whizbang wrote:
    I'm the same way...well,I'm not married with 4 boys but I've still got all that stuff to do. My dad is coming today...bro, sis, their spouses, niece, nephews too. I just finished decorating my tree yesterday (I take my time with it. It's been up since the first weekend of December, lights on it with a couple ornaments that are close to my heart and I always put them on first). My meatballs are in sauce, I have to wrap a few gifts, clean my house and shower. I have to brave the grocery store tomorrow for fresh rolls for Christmas Day at my sister's and I have a quiet evening with my dogs planned for tonight (after everyone leaves) and Christmas Eve. Plenty of time for me...plenty of time with family & friends. It's all good......

That is the way to be....see you are even on the PIT with all that to do!!! I could care less about the details, I will be with my family, and they KNOW they are loved, so the rest is just icing on the cake, if it all gets done thats great, if not....who cares, will it matter next year this time? More then likely the things undone will make the BEST family stories down the road!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    miskinmiskin Posts: 278
    i dont see the problem with Christmas being commercialized. it makes sense, companies are out for profit, that is the way the world works.

i know the true meaning of christmas, i know the meaning and story behind it. that is enough for me. i dont need other people to know.

similar with my views on abortion..
    im personally against it and wouldnt want a girlfriend or wife to have one. however i dont feel its my place to tell other people what to do.

as long as i keep following my own views, i dont need everyone else to. the world is so much more interesting with diversity :)
    myspace.com/airstriponeuk
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Byrnzie wrote:
    X-mas is all about the food for me. Everything else is secondary. Booze being a very close second, of course.
    Agreed. People keep asking me what I'm "asking for, for christmas" and I'm like "nothing... I don't care. just want to have a good time with friends and family".
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    yellowbird wrote:
    i will SCREAM!!!

or this
    "I just can't wait until it's all over!"

now that's the way to enjoy the celebration of the birth of Christ! we've made it into such a busy, expensive, commercial time and we just can't wait until it's over. what a bunch of fuckers.

Merry Christmas yellowbird. I hope you and your family have a lovely holiday. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    If one more person posts about how they're "sitting at home relaxing with a glass of wine"...

*I* will scream.

;)

I hear ya on the xmas stuff tho.
  • Options
    Saturnal wrote:
    If one more person posts about how they're "sitting at home relaxing with a glass of wine"...

*I* will scream.

;)

I hear ya on the xmas stuff tho.

i wil be sitting at home relaxing with a glass of wine thinking about Saturnal.

:)
  • Options
    justam wrote:
    Merry Christmas yellowbird. I hope you and your family have a lovely holiday. :)

Merry Christmas, justam!!!
  • Options
    I dunno, when the store you work at starts playing christmas music on november 1st and some of the christmas decorations and stuff are up before even halloween, i tend to lose my christmas spirit before christmas even gets here
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    Byrnzie wrote:

right on.

booze, food, christmas movies.
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    yellowbird wrote:
    i will SCREAM!!!

OMG! YES!!! Everyone from my boss to my hair chick has asked me that. SHUT UP!
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    yellowbird wrote:
    i wil be sitting at home relaxing with a glass of wine thinking about Saturnal.

:)

Ok, I'll make an exception in this case..
  • Options
    romybianromybian Posts: 1,644
    I don't believe in christmas.
    Nor am I affected by it.
    It's even fun to watch... And decorations look nice sometimes, but I could perfectly live without all that.
    "The joke in your language won't come out the same" (Tom Petty)
    I'm no dude! Dudette!
  • Options
    WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    PJaddicted wrote:
    That is the way to be....see you are even on the PIT with all that to do!!! I could care less about the details, I will be with my family, and they KNOW they are loved, so the rest is just icing on the cake, if it all gets done thats great, if not....who cares, will it matter next year this time? More then likely the things undone will make the BEST family stories down the road!

oxc

exactly!!! I meant to put that in my post here..."all this to do and here I am, on the frickin' PIT!!"

They're all gone....dishwasher with the first load of dishes almost done, another load ready to go; leftovers have been sent home with family; dogs are on their way home; Pats are 15-0. I'm ready for comfy "fat" pants, no bra, Sunday Night Football and snuggle time with the pooches.......
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!