Options

Recovery

xSmackSoundxxSmackSoundx Posts: 479
edited March 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
I am 15 and I tried drinking for the first time on Sunday night... the next thing I know I wake up in the hospital becuase I had a BAC of .316... I still don't feel quite right... how long will it take? I feel disconnected and weird... anyone ever feel this way?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    holy shit!! you drank WAY too much for your first time, let alone your age....you probably are suffering from alcohol poisoning....it may a while before you feel normal.....
  • Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    I am 15 and I tried drinking for the first time on Sunday night... the next thing I know I wake up in the hospital becuase I had a BAC of .316... I still don't feel quite right... how long will it take? I feel disconnected and weird... anyone ever feel this way?

Please don't ever do that again..............
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 698
    what did you drink? everclear? you did not just drink, at that level you binged. hope u feel better tomorrow
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    cutback wrote:
    holy shit!! you drank WAY too much for your first time, let alone your age....you probably are suffering from alcohol poisoning....it may a while before you feel normal.....

agreed.

take it slow, take some advice from someone you dont know. ME. just dont drink. at least till your much older.

i started drinking when i was 13, and , well i have not stopped.

bad times can and will be had.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    I just remember Vodka... and Rum... I didn't reall know how much I was getting my parents called the ambulance when I started vomiting unconscience I don't rmember anything excpet falling alseep... I still feel really weird though... I looked it up... could it be post dramatic stress? or is there gonna be permanant problems with me?
  • Options
    I did not actually consume that much liquid... I thought I was ok... I thought my friends were having the same amount... they had to carry me home because there were no cars... the next morning was by far the worst day of my life... i'm really a good kid... I only had weed before this... it was a big shock...

As for my feelings... I feel like when i'm talking... I am just listening to myself... and someone else is talking... I feel disconnected... when I laugh I don't feel happy when I cry I don't feel sad... these are hellish days...
  • Options
    I did not actually consume that much liquid... I thought I was ok... I thought my friends were having the same amount... they had to carry me home because there were no cars... the next morning was by far the worst day of my life... i'm really a good kid... I only had weed before this... it was a big shock...

As for my feelings... I feel like when i'm talking... I am just listening to myself... and someone else is talking... I feel disconnected... when I laugh I don't feel happy when I cry I don't feel sad... these are hellish days...

im betting it will clear up, still dont do it again. you were lucky.
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    post TRAUMATIC stress.....:D

alcohol poisoning is very serious and can kill you.....you will probably feel this way for a while but you should feel normal by the weekend....if nothing changes by sunday then you might want to see a doctor....
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    post TRAUMATIC stress.....:D

alcohol poisoning is very serious and can kill you.....you will probably feel this way for a while but you should feel normal by the weekend....if nothing changes by sunday then you might want to see a doctor....

ha sorry... I'm also not concentrated and a little dumb lol
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,926
    ha sorry... I'm also not concentrated and a little dumb lol

I hope you feel better soon.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,817
    YIKES!!!!

you are lucky to be alive....

now go give your mom and dad a hug and tell them how much you love them and how SORRY you are for what happened....

because i have a feeling you just aged your parents 10 years....hehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    Hate to sound so adult like, but I hope you learn from this experience. Trust me, there will be thousands of days for you to drink when you are older. Take your time and live the 15 year old life. Don't grow up so fast. If you do, one day you will look back and miss your youth.

I speak from experience.
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    Brain of J.LoBrain of J.Lo Posts: 3,259
    Oh my god!

I'm glad you're ok. You got lucky.

And take acoustic guy's advice. Now is the time to enjoy being a kid. You can drink yourself stupid later. That's what college is for.
  • Options
    Hate to sound so adult like, but I hope you learn from this experience. Trust me, there will be thousands of days for you to drink when you are older. Take your time and live the 15 year old life. Don't grow up so fast. If you do, one day you will look back and miss your youth.

I speak from experience.

yep, this is pretty much what i was trying to say in my other posts.

if i could be 15 again and do the things that 15 year old is supposed to do, ahhh wish i could go back.
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    Dude, I hope you get better!!

I also hope you don't ever do that again!! :(
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    Sometimes it can take a week for your body to feel completely normal again. The better you eat and the more water you drink will speed up the process tremendously. I hope you look back and thank your lucky stars, and not to be super old but moments like what you experienced and how you deal with it, really tell what type of person you will be the rest of your life. You are so lucky!
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Have another drink, it should cure your hangover
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Options
    its been a while since this happened to me now... I have drunk since then in much more moderation... I learned my lesson that drugs and alcohol are not to be taken lightly. I still smoke weed... I'm 16 now. Right after it happened I thought I was gonna have a life revolution and go all good and everything. I didn't... This whole thing also made me realize that there is no God watching over me... anything can happen in my life and I and responsible not God.

I hate to think of how horrible it was. I still have some good music that is attached to memories... when I listen to it, it kills me (Dirty Fingernails - Modest Mouse)

Even though I learned a lesson the pain was not worth it...
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Wow, impressive debut. You're showing the kind of stomach a pro lush needs. Keep up the good work rook.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    Wow, impressive debut. You're showing the kind of stomach a pro lush needs. Keep up the good work rook.

lol hahaha... i'm a pretty small guy I probably didn't even drink that much
  • Options
    lol hahaha... i'm a pretty small guy I probably didn't even drink that much

.316 is no lightweight stuff. I don't believe for a second you " didn't even drink that much ". A couple of wine coolers won't land you in the hospital. Pace yourself. Once you can get in the bars shits gonna get a lot more crazy.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    were you drinking Chuck Norris's all night?
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I just remember Vodka... and Rum... I didn't reall know how much I was getting my parents called the ambulance when I started vomiting unconscience I don't rmember anything excpet falling alseep... I still feel really weird though... I looked it up... could it be post dramatic stress? or is there gonna be permanant problems with me?
    There shouldn't be any permanent damage. Especially if you won't be drinking for a while (which I assume you won't). Any temporary damage to your liver/stomach will heal quickly but there probably isn't any since you said the actual volume of alcohol wasn't that much.

Seriously though, 0.316 is FAR too high, for anyone, but especially for a first time. Not surprised you ended up in hospital. Any BAC over 0.30 can lead to death (seriously) and almost always leads to unconsciousness. Do NOT do it again. I don't think any of us can stress just how important it is to know your limit.

Just to warn you how dangerous (although I'm sure you were told this at the hospital and you dont need another lecture), according to wikipedia:

"Unless a person has developed a high tolerance for alcohol, a BAC rating of 0.20% represents very serious intoxication (most first-time drinkers would be unconscious by about 0.15%), and 0.35% represents potentially fatal alcohol poisoning."

EDIT - just saw this was an old post. Still, I'll leave the message.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    Yeah I just noticed you pulled this thing up from March. 3 months later God betrayed you, and you're puffing now. Just try to stay away from anything powder or pill is the best I can offer. You seem to be headed down a pretty clear path. Not judging, just don't try and fool yourself into thinking you're still in control after a while.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    ... This whole thing also made me realize that there is no God watching over me... anything can happen in my life and I and responsible not God.

What did you expect?!?! Did you expect god to knock the bottle of vodka out of your hand?
    Granted, I've done some stupid shit in my life but that is pretty fuckin' dumb.
  • Options
    writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867

wow, dear. Please please please take my advise. I am a lot older than you but I have partied most of my life. I am always up for a good time and always have been. But I promise you that if you allow it to, life will wait for you to reach the ages where you can party and not get yourself into this sort of trouble; truly.

I guarantee you that you will be older. I guarentee you that most things are not worth rushing into. And I also guarantee you that life at 15 holds many things that are strictly for 15 year olds. Please enjoy those things. There are times for the other as long as you don't kill yourself from partying or become addicted ...........

I am all for expanding your mind; I am not lecturing you nor trying to be your parent. But I care about young people and I want you to know that you have a lot going for you. Please take care of yourself. Honestly.

I hope you feel better soon. (Maybe did you drink what we use to call, "jungle juice"? Grain alcohol and punch? That is potent if you did. I was there..............ewwwwwwwwww.)
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........