Options

Religion, minds, feelings and such

xSmackSoundxxSmackSoundx Posts: 479
edited May 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
I have drawn a few conclusions about life....

- Religion - A way to keep the world and society under control with a strict moral code and use of fear tactics and a fake physiological "relationship" with a "higher power" to fill a life's void.

- God did not create us with the purpose of us worshiping and acknowledging him because if he did he would have had us know him without a doubt in our mind. Someone once told me he did this so we could exercise faith, but faith is just a excuse for believing something untrue based on nothing.

- God does not exist because he never will and never has inter-veined in what has happened in this world. There are un-limited possibilities of the greatness and destruction humans can attain. Coincidence and physiological phenomena is mistaken for miracles.

- I still look for answers about how we experience feelings and thoughts. some people tell me they are simply biological processes that create certain sensations, but I think they are more.

- Everyone is born with a void and I have yet to determine how to fill it.

- It is a comfort to believe in religion, I wish I could.

Anyone wanna talk about this?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    - Everyone is born with a void and I have yet to determine how to fill it.

I just wanted to take the time to make a sex joke about this.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    samicksamick Posts: 373
    "Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration … that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather."

--bill hicks
  • Options
    samick wrote:
    Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration … that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather.

I love this...... not sure if Maynard actually wrote it, but I love it nonetheless..... mmmmmmm tool
  • Options
    samicksamick Posts: 373
    I love this...... not sure if Maynard actually wrote it, but I love it nonetheless..... mmmmmmm tool

it is a bill hicks quote..........Guess I should've gave credit my bad............I'll do that now.............
  • Options
    myhookmyhook Posts: 284
    I have drawn a few conclusions about life....

- Religion - A way to keep the world and society under control with a strict moral code and use of fear tactics and a fake physiological "relationship" with a "higher power" to fill a life's void.

- God did not create us with the purpose of us worshiping and acknowledging him because if he did he would have had us know him without a doubt in our mind. Someone once told me he did this so we could exercise faith, but faith is just a excuse for believing something untrue based on nothing.

- God does not exist because he never will and never has inter-veined in what has happened in this world. There are un-limited possibilities of the greatness and destruction humans can attain. Coincidence and physiological phenomena is mistaken for miracles.
    I just want to say I totally agree. Whenever I get in discussions on this topic and explain my view to people (which is basically what you just wrote) they look at me like I have 3 heads. I think people are so afraid of change and are so unwilling to look at the possibility that have been believing in something since birth and now everything you thought was true is a farce. Just me.

Quick story. I was born and raised Catholic and got married in a Catholic church (my wife's family is very religious) I could care less. Anyway, during one of our meetings with the priest he asked us if we had any questions and I asked him this:

If Adam and Eve were the first 2 people on earth put here by God, than in some strange way isn't every person on the planet related?

The priest was not to happy with my question but tried to explain it by saying that God created other "visions" that the bible did not discuss.

Now I call bull shit.
    Hey, you wouldn't hire a clown to fix a leak in the jon so why do you let these hooligans tear down the biz? YEEAAHHH. I don't care if he is Mr. Notorious BIG, can he croon?