Options

A Different Approach: What Do You HOPE for in the New Year?

sweetpotatosweetpotato Posts: 1,278
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
We all know that New Year's resolutions are practically MADE to be broken, but in the spirit of "The Bucket List," (things you want to do before you kick it) what do you hope for/plan/desire in 2008, and beyond? And what are you doing to make it happen?

I personally plan to get serious about learning to speak fluent Italian. I am of Italian descent, and while I had grandmothers and aunts and uncles who spoke it around me, they never spoke it to me, so I didn't learn it growing up, which would have made it so much easier. I plan to teach myself and my kids at the same time. First step: Rosetta Stone course. Then, I'm taking a class at my local college.

I plan to really recycle this year, not off-and-on the way we do now. My husband is responsible for taking out the trash, and while he knows recycling is good, he often doesn't want to be bothered with two separate garbage runs, so the bottles and cans get tossed with the regular trash. But I'm going to enlist my older son and we're going to get serious about it. So there. :p
"Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States, Barack Obama."

"Obama's main opponent in this election on November 4th (was) not John McCain, it (was) ignorance."~Michael Moore

"i'm feeling kinda righteous right now. with my badass motherfuckin' ukulele!"
~ed, 8/7
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bring grades up, make varsity baseball again, see pearl jam, 10,000 posts, etc........
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    We all know that New Year's resolutions are practically MADE to be broken, but in the spirit of "The Bucket List," (things you want to do before you kick it) what do you hope for/plan/desire in 2008, and beyond? And what are you doing to make it happen?

I personally plan to get serious about learning to speak fluent Italian. I am of Italian descent, and while I had grandmothers and aunts and uncles who spoke it around me, they never spoke it to me, so I didn't learn it growing up, which would have made it so much easier. I plan to teach myself and my kids at the same time. First step: Rosetta Stone course. Then, I'm taking a class at my local college.

I plan to really recycle this year, not off-and-on the way we do now. My husband is responsible for taking out the trash, and while he knows recycling is good, he often doesn't want to be bothered with two separate garbage runs, so the bottles and cans get tossed with the regular trash. But I'm going to enlist my older son and we're going to get serious about it. So there. :p

hmm, this sounds like resolutions to me...

but I'm hoping that I'll be able to come out of "hiding" by the summer as planned.
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,581

This may help: I keep 2 small garbage cans under the sink and separate the recyclables straight into the plastic resusable bin that requires no plastic bag.
  • Options
    edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    as of right now, all I can hope is to get out of work by 5pm.

the whole company, minus my dept. left at 1pm. finance stinks.

sorry, just venting....
  • Options
    Buy a house or condo

Go to Europe
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677

but I'm hoping that I'll be able to come out of "hiding" by the summer as planned.

Are you also in the witness protection program?!? In the new year I hope to always find a bathroom when needed, make people laugh more than cry (unless they're crying from laughing), and to have my biceps finally be bigger than my wrists. The last should be the hardest (no pun intended).
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    I just hope for a happier year.. if I get that, I'm blessed.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    I hope to do really well in graduate school.
    I hope to meet some more friends.
    I hope to keep my apartment a lot cleaner/neater this year.
    I hope to be ready to launch my internet store by the end of 2008.
    I hope to keep up being healthy, and living a good lifestyle.
    I hope to read more books, and cut down tv a little bit (baby steps!)
    I hope to really get into yoga.
    I hope to save a little bit of money.

and I hope you all have a happy new year :)
  • Options
    corycory Posts: 736
    Seriously....I want to lose enough of my stomach where I can see my whole dick.

3 months tops. Afterwards, I'll treat him to a nice shower.
    Revive the heart of the heartless...

Why would you start was has no end?
  • Options
    cory wrote:

ok, didnt need to read that

happy new year!

• Options
    corycory Posts: 736
    ok, didnt need to read that

happy new year!

Happy New Year dude. I can't wait until I can have "legal" conversations with you;)

Lay off the booze until you're at least 16:)
    Revive the heart of the heartless...

Why would you start was has no end?
  • Options
    sweetpotatosweetpotato Posts: 1,278
    cory wrote:

LOL, i swear i just spewed a nice vintage red all over my keyboard. :D
    "Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States, Barack Obama."

"Obama's main opponent in this election on November 4th (was) not John McCain, it (was) ignorance."~Michael Moore

"i'm feeling kinda righteous right now. with my badass motherfuckin' ukulele!"
    ~ed, 8/7
  • Options
    deadnotedeadnote Posts: 1,678
    i hope to strenghten myseelf with the bible and church
    get a job at a hospital , and stay out of my mind
    set your laughter free

dreamer in my dream

we got the guns

i love you,but im..............callin out.........callin out
  • Options
    i bet you tish will post here ina couple seconds

EDIT: nvm

• Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    I always hope for nice surprises. :)

I work on the things I think about improving but I love it when unexpected good things happen.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    I really hope that Rudy wins in 2008....
    I really hope that we continue to support the brave men and women who fight for our right to complain (and our right to hope out loud)
    I really hope that Ed and the boys tour in 2008 and do an extra show at MSG just because it's NY and NY PJ fans are really kind of cool (we made MSG shake remember Ed??!!??!!)

and last but not least.....

I really hope the LOFT has a kick ass New Year sale!!!

Be safe.....
    dont be a dick and drive drunk!

CHEERS!
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    2007 was great from a 'progression' standpoint. College and stuff got sorted out and my life is on track.

I hope 2008 is good from an emotional standpoint because 2007 was something of a rollercoaster ride.

Here's to 2008
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c