Premier League

ninfanninfan Posts: 93
edited November 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
It starts again, 38 games, 10 months, 1 champion and three relegated teams PREMIER LEAGUE season 08/09 is here. OH YEA!!!!!
"No intelligent idea can gain general acceptance unless some stupidity is mixed in with it." Pessoa
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• When's opening day? today?
    NERDS!
  • ninfanninfan Posts: 93
    Tomorrow
    "No intelligent idea can gain general acceptance unless some stupidity is mixed in with it." Pessoa
  • What's the best US channel to find live games on? I have Fox Soccernet but it seems like those games are always a few days old.
    NERDS!
    What's the best US channel to find live games on? I have Fox Soccernet but it seems like those games are always a few days old.
    I watch them on FSC and Setanta but most times I go to the bar and watch it there. Try finding a bar in your area that shows the games. What team do you follow?
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I can't wait!

As dumb as this sounds, I miss my Saturday morning tradition of waking up early, making a pot of coffee and watching the Liverpool game! :D

Build a bonfire,
    Build a bonfire,
    Put the Scousers on the top,
    Put City in the middle,
    And we'll burn the f*cking lot

SORRY I can't help myself did the same thing to my Brother-in-law
  • Right now the Premier is the most spectacular league in the world, I also can't wait to see it tomorrow morning while having breakfast :D
    I feel very close to you all now; so close I could almost... loan you money. Really. it goes that deep.
    -Tom Waits-

Everybody should believe in something...I believe i'll have another drink - anonymous -

Ah that's just drunk talk, sweet beautiful drunk talk.
    -Barney Gumble-
  • ninfan wrote:
    I watch them on FSC and Setanta but most times I go to the bar and watch it there. Try finding a bar in your area that shows the games. What team do you follow?

I'm an Arsenal Fan. There are some pubs that should have the games on. I just need to find the US TV schedule.
    NERDS!
  • qtegirlqtegirl Posts: 321
    So, the first round of games didn't disappoint. I love how fast the games are and there isn't much bs'ing around (unlike other leagues).

Gearing up for the second day! I wanna see how ManUtd does without Ronaldo... hopefully Rooney will pick up the slack. And Tevez is awesome!
    I'm an Arsenal Fan. There are some pubs that should have the games on. I just need to find the US TV schedule.

Try this site. It's for the NYC area but maybe they can direct you to one in your neck of the woods who can help you. Good luck!

http://www.nygooners.com/New%20York%20Gooners.html
  • petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Who the fuck are Man United!
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • When the Premier League starts, it's pretty much the only thing I watch! I'm an Everton fan.
  • ninfan wrote:
    Try this site. It's for the NYC area but maybe they can direct you to one in your neck of the woods who can help you. Good luck!

http://www.nygooners.com/New%20York%20Gooners.html

I found one

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/premierleague/onfsc
    NERDS!
  • qtegirl wrote:
    hopefully Rooney will pick up the slack.

He hasn't in a loooooong time, at least not for ManU.
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • How about those Tigers of Hull City?? First a huge upset at the Emirates, then a solid win on the road against Spurs. Spurs will be relegated and Hull will make the Champions League. LOL!! :)
  • ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    i don t have time to follow it that much so how was it thoose days ...
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    **straps himself in for another rollercoaster arsenal season**
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
    petrocs wrote:
    Who the fuck are Man United!
    CHAMPIONS OF ENGLAND! CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE! That is who the fuck we are
    How about those Tigers of Hull City?? First a huge upset at the Emirates, then a solid win on the road against Spurs. Spurs will be relegated and Hull will make the Champions League. LOL!! :)

They are playing to win. Not that 10 men behind the ball and hope for a tie crap. They will finish middle of the table.
  • ninfan wrote:
    They are playing to win. Not that 10 men behind the ball and hope for a tie crap. They will finish middle of the table.

So you're saying they'll finish right around ManU? :D
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    So you're saying they'll finish right around ManU? :D
    BAHAHAHA!! :D nice one ;)

ps. i hate international breaks *yawn*
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    See...it's all shaping up a little more all of a sudden. I can hear the Liverpool fans suddenly taking deeper breaths than they were a week ago ;) soon your bums are gonna be twitching more than a nervous wreck in a room full of fleas :D

...hats off to Tottenham Hotspur and Harry Redknapp, a week certainly is a long time in football.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    jamie uk wrote:
    See...it's all shaping up a little more all of a sudden. I can hear the Liverpool fans suddenly taking deeper breaths than they were a week ago ;) soon your bums are gonna be twitching more than a nervous wreck in a room full of fleas :D

...hats off to Tottenham Hotspur and Harry Redknapp, a week certainly is a long time in football.
    Torres should be back by next weekend, the chances will be taken and they'll be a force with him and Gerrard. Sad to say, but this could be Chelsea's season, what with the likes of Drogba & Essien absent and still bloiwng away the opposition.

Harry's bubble will burst soon and typical Spurs mediocrity will resume. Shame on the team! couldn't buy a win under Ramos this season yet excellent performances under Harry. Having a problem with the management team is fine but they shoulda been playing for the fans and their exorbaitant wages. Gits!
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    elmer wrote:
    Torres should be back by next weekend, the chances will be taken and they'll be a force with him and Gerrard. Sad to say, but this could be Chelsea's season, what with the likes of Drogba & Essien absent and still bloiwng away the opposition.

Harry's bubble will burst soon and typical Spurs mediocrity will resume. Shame on the team! couldn't buy a win under Ramos this season yet excellent performances under Harry. Having a problem with the management team is fine but they shoulda been playing for the fans and their exorbaitant wages. Gits!

Chelsea look unstoppable against the rubbish, so far they have dropped points against anyone decent.
    And as for Spurs bubble bursting....I've been sayin that about Liverpool all season ;) the luck had to run out sooner or later :D I'm sure the players wanted to do well all along, just shows what difference a manager can make.
    Anyway, it's shaping up nice, and don't forget barely a quarter of the season played is all :)
    I see United coming with a typical strong run to piss you all off :D other than that it's between Chelski and Luckypool. :)
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    jamie uk wrote:
    Chelsea look unstoppable against the rubbish, so far they have dropped points against anyone decent.
    And as for Spurs bubble bursting....I've been sayin that about Liverpool all season ;) the luck had to run out sooner or later :D I'm sure the players wanted to do well all along, just shows what difference a manager can make.
    Anyway, it's shaping up nice, and don't forget barely a quarter of the season played is all :)
    I see United coming with a typical strong run to piss you all off :D other than that it's between Chelski and Luckypool. :)
    But Liverpool have a strong first team, it's just the moment the likes of Torres, Gerrard, and to a lesser extent Mascherano, Babel and Keane are absent for a while it'll be felt, especially with the champs lge agenda. From now thru till January will tell -if they can stay the pace with other two. I hope they can, but Benitez never brought in a top-level winger over the summer like he should have, Riera,,,,,I dunno about him really. I heard it was Carraghers 3rd og against Spurs.

and yeah, Utd will be only 2pts off leaders if they win their game in hand. Think Tevez is better than Berbatov and should be starting.
    The Scousers will all be crying at the end of the season. Correction before the end - it will be lost before then.
  • ninfan wrote:
    The Scousers will all be crying at the end of the season. Correction before the end - it will be lost before then.

Pfft!... Not a chance! (although we have got our bogey team this weekend... Bolton! :o )
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.
  • Pfft!... Not a chance! (although we have got our bogey team this weekend... Bolton! :o )

Bolton will hopefully bore the redsh*tes into submission and nick a late winner.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    Spurs beat Liverpool to progress in Carling Cup.

This is just the start.
  • petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Lets go Man City!
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Not surprised to see Mourinho get sacked. Players should share as much responsibility as he does for this mess of a season. Some of the play by these guys has been absolutely embarrassing. Amazing that things could go so poorly after completely dominating the league last year.