roast dinners/winter comfort foods

wavescamecrashingwavescamecrashing Posts: 440
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
are the dogs knackers.

got it in the oven, steamer on for he veggies and in about half an hour, i be munching my way through roast beef. I

Its all dark outside and cold, and this has made me feel all cosy...

what does that for you?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    We're having a roast chicken tonight. There's a big snow storm here today. The weather people are predicting 22-25 inches by tonight.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    are the dogs knackers.

got it in the oven, steamer on for he veggies and in about half an hour, i be munching my way through roast beef. I

Its all dark outside and cold, and this has made me feel all cosy...

what does that for you?

I made a roast last night!! With carrots, onions, celery, garlic...all the yummy things in life! :)
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    mmmm roast beef
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
  • I'm going to throw a roaster chicken in the crock pot at around 2, complete w/ mashed taters & green beans. Hubby's been a good boy so he's going to get the pumpkin pie he's been begging for since October LOL!

Also making bannana crumb muffins for the week.

Love the crock pot chicken. Get a roaster chicken, wash it, take out the insides. Stuff with an quartered onion. Sprinkle w/ salt, pepper & garlic powder. Stick in crock pot and drizzle w/ a stick of melted butter. On high for about 4 hours. Use the drippings for gravy! Easy and I use the leftover chicken for stir fry the next day!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I saw Hard To Imagine LIVE at MSG!
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Even roast vegetables are good. I'm a vegetarian, but couldn't give up roast vegetables, so I cut up a mix of carrots, beets, potatoes, eggplant, tomatoes, and onions, mix it all up with salt,pepper, chopped garlic, and olive oil and roast in the oven for an hour. Very delicious. I think we'll have it today.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    JaneNY wrote:
    Even roast vegetables are good. I'm a vegetarian, but couldn't give up roast vegetables, so I cut up a mix of carrots, beets, potatoes, eggplant, tomatoes, and onions, mix it all up with salt,pepper, chopped garlic, and olive oil and roast in the oven for an hour. Very delicious. I think we'll have it today.

Potatoes...duh! I forgot to mention potatoes!
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• think i'll try that,

sounds good for offsetting winter blues and colds,

we had chicken with roasted veg the other night, red, green and yellow peppers, red onions, carrots, parsnips, cherry tomatoes, mmmmmm.

for some reason i keep feeling hungry, even though i must be full. it happens every winter, i swear its like my body thinks its time to hibernate, so eat more now!

also, love toad in the hole this time of year.
  • I'm making a prime rib on Thursday. Can't wait!
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • jojojojo Posts: 645
    i made a roast last week yummy

today it's really nasty here so i'm making some turkey chilli and corn bread for dinner tonight
    Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    For me the ultimate winter comfort food is an open faced hot turkey sandwich with mashed potatoes and corn. Mmmm

l.jpg
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    DS1119 wrote:
    For me the ultimate winter comfort food is an open faced hot turkey sandwich with mashed potatoes and corn. Mmmm

l.jpg

gravy is soooooo good
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit