Options

Sorry I don't like NFL

2»

Comments

• Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    I love the NFL..Next Sunday is the last real weekend of football..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    Sorry for you. Most entertaining sport, IMO.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    I do like NFL. Though I was sad to see the Seahawks get shafted, at least they went down to the right team.
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    cory wrote:
    Please......go play in the NFL and then talk about your fucking pad theory. There's not one person on here right now, me included, that could make it through one game in the NFL playing a position other than kicker. And there are some pretty tough people on here. Mostly pussies though.

You could say that about any pro contact sport....you talk like you're probably a lot bigger than me....but something tells me you wouldn't last five seconds on the ice with ME...and I'm no pro....I doubt most NFL'ers would last five seconds on the ice with an NHL'er either...totally different sports, different skill sets, stupid comparisons. I know you won't like this...but pound for pound toughness - wise...I think football falls in behind aussie rules, lacrosse, hockey, and rugby.
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    You could say that about any pro contact sport....you talk like you're probably a lot bigger than me....but something tells me you wouldn't last five seconds on the ice with ME...and I'm no pro....I doubt most NFL'ers would last five seconds on the ice with an NHL'er either...totally different sports, different skill sets, stupid comparisons. I know you won't like this...but pound for pound toughness - wise...I think football falls in behind aussie rules, lacrosse, hockey, and rugby.

Well said.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Well said.

i kind of agree also...

i say kind of because lacrosse was included.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    The only sport I watch is hockey.
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    pjfan31 wrote:
    A am an absolute sports nut, but I see all these threads about NFL and I just can't get into the sport. I am not really exposed to it so iI can't get into it. If I live in the states I would probably like it though.

But when in Australia you get Rugby League and AFL no pads, no nothing (and no brains half the time.)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igYi3UFzqjM&feature=related

i'm not really bad mouthing NFL It's just not my thing. I hope your teams get into the Superbowl..

Please take A few minutes to check out some Aussie sports. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkrY3d1kvoE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvgP3ys_-dk&feature=related

This comment reminds me of my trip to South Africa. Every day on the news they'd just go apeshit over the rugby and cricket scores and I personally think those 2 sports are about as entertaining as watching flies fuck. Cultural differences I suppose.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    This comment reminds me of my trip to South Africa. Every day on the news they'd just go apeshit over the rugby and cricket scores and I personally think those 2 sports are about as entertaining as watching flies fuck. Cultural differences I suppose.

Flies fuck? that would be awesome. I don't care much for Rugby but Rugby League I like
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    hmm come to think of it, watching flies fuck would be pretty entertaining.

when is this thread going to degenerate into a full blown pissing contest between rugby, hockey and football fans over who's athletes are tougher?

i hope the saints dont suck next year
  • Options
    I used to follow most sports, but barely have time for hockey now...if I had time, I'd get into NFL...but since I don't have a 'team', it's hard to really care who wins n loses...which makes it boring. I like Rugby and Aussie Rules too, but you pretty much have to join a rugby club to get anyone to watch it with you...I like how the guys in the vids in the header post always seem to get up...unlike certain other sports.

curious - did they measure hockey hits?
    no dude, I didnt see that they did. i wouldnt be suprised if its on some future episode through. they did measure a hockey goalies reaction time, and its as fast as a cats. something like they get their glove up to stop an 85mph slap shot from 30 feet in .03 seconds. the show rocks, but its on sunday night when the football games are usually on.

keep in mind that the force generated from a football hit was 4000lbs. a 35 mph car crash into a brick wall. that was the force generated from a dude hitting a standing target. send the target running at him, and I would guess the force is approx 6000-7000 lbs. approx the same as getting hit with a sledgehammer full swing 4 times.

PRO athletes are the closest thing to superheros we have on earth (regarding physical ability anyway).
    MrSmith wrote:

when is this thread going to degenerate into a full blown pissing contest between rugby, hockey and football fans over who's athletes are tougher?

ha ha! right, you like what you like. every PRO athlete playing any sport is a freak of nature.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.