Why do bouncers think they are king shit?

pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
I was out on xmas eve at a very busy pub, that is famous for their xmas eve party. In this small to medium pub, it gets so crowded and it is a great night because you bump into all these people you havent seen for ages, and a really enjoyable night. Unfortunatly because the pub is in a suburban area, it has to close at midnight.

So it was after closing time, there were so many people lurking around and about 20-30 cops and an equal amont of bouncers. i get on with most of the bouncers because i am a regualar at the establishment.

So after leaving the pub i went across the road to a service station to get a bottle of water (i was quite drunk wanting to sober up) the doors were closed the lights were on and a guy working. I thought it might of been a security measure to prevent drunken louts getting in and he might unlock the door when requested. There was no sign saying it was closed. I knocked on the window and the guy inside ignored me, so io knocked again. Next thing i knew this bouncer from the pub (not a regular bouncer) across the road has just come over yelling and screaming at me to "fk of you dick head he is closed leave him the fk alone" I said "sorry where is the sign?" "cant u tell u fkn idiot he is closed get the fk out of here u fkn C%^t"

I tried to tell him that i thought he was open and just some security measure the lights are on there is no closed sign etc to which i got a response "No u didnt u were just being a comple fkn dickhead and giving the guy shit" "I said no i didnt (by this stage i was getting a bit fired up myself totally resenting how this idiot was speaking to me) u fk wit dont tell me wat u think i was doing"

I then requested the number of the company he works for and i said "u wont be working with them for long" He said 'u can have the number and u can take a kodak picture of me" He gave me the number and jokingly i said "ok now for the picture" i started pulling out my phone. "He said "u take a fkn photo of me i will take ur fkn phone and fkn step on it and fkn break it into a thousand pieces u piece of shit' My mate who is as stong as an ox (looks like an ox too :)) chimes in saying "no u wont take his phone"

This bouncer then asked me what my profession was and i told him and he ripped into me for that aswell. A total prick, im lucky i m not a violent man because i would of laid into him and he would of beat the shit out of me.

I said to him "bouncers are just wanna be coppers who cant get into the academy"

I called up the pub he worked for and the manager said that is the 2nd call we have had about that guy, he won't be working for us again.

I cant believe his rudness and there are plenty more bouncers the same. They think they are king shit :angry:

Have u got any bad bouncer stories?
Sydney 11/02/2003
Sydney 14/02/2003
Sydney 07/11/2006
Sydney 18/11/2006
Sydney 22/11/2009
EV Sydney 18/03/2011
EV Sydney 19/03/2011
EV Sydney 20/03/2011
Melbourne 24/01/2014
Sydney 26/01/2014
EV Sydney 13/02/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• roarroar Posts: 1,116
    i worked at a club for a while in college...and not all bouncers act like that.

many of them do this work as a second or third job to get by and they have to put up with a lot of BS from the frat boy punks, tweakers and thugs that seem to infest the place on any given night. they act tough to keep people in line.

(I'm not saying they should take it out on you, though.)
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    roar wrote:
    i worked at a club for a while in college...and not all bouncers act like that.

many of them do this work as a second or third job to get by and they have to put up with a lot of BS from the frat boy punks, tweakers and thugs that seem to infest the place on any given night. they act tough to keep people in line.

(I'm not saying they should take it out on you, though.)

Look i know that, and i appreciate that they are there to protect us. But he was just over the top, Bouncers are becoming a real problem here in australia. There was a former australian cricketer David hookes died because of a bouncer. I just think some of them are really over the top.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • roarroar Posts: 1,116
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Look i know that, and i appreciate that they are there to protect us. But he was just over the top, Bouncers are becoming a real problem here in australia. There was a former australian cricketer David hookes died because of a bouncer. I just think some of them are really over the top.

that's unfortunate...and definitely out of hand in some instances.
    people can easily abuse power.
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    they're in control it is what it is
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    pjfan31 wrote:
    That's true, there definitely are bouncers in Australia who abuse their power. I don't know what the answer is though. They are needed at most places these days. When i was working and living in Australia, it was a regular occurrence to be called to a job outside of one of the hotels/nightclubs and have to deal with the freaking morons that were so maggotted and beating the shit out of each other and then we had to clean them up. I'm happy there were bouncers there in most instances because we were protected to some extent. I don't like their mentality though, that it's ok to just throw people out on the street to carry on fighting, because other innocent people do get hurt. I do think you did the right thing by reporting him though and hopefully he won't get another chance to do that to someone else.
  • because they're bigger than you
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • they gain in weight what the rest of us loose in our senses
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Look i would not like to drink at a place where there isnt any bouncers. It is just some abuse their powers. Simple as that. If i was a violent person as saidd above, I would of thrown a punch or 2, and that is how it works someone throws a punch then they beat the shit outta u.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • This is why I usually tip bouncers at the door. It's paid off more times than I can count.
  • mulva9mulva9 Posts: 417
    I was in a bar and some guy bumped into me (which happens) and then started yelling at me for not looking where I was going. So I promptly got thrown out by the bouncer.

So I was giving the bouncer a mouthful since I was already tossed out, and as I was yelling at him he kept closing me towards the exit (which was down a flight of stairs). Well eventually he just pushes me down the flight of stairs.

Douche.
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    yeah, bouncers do get power trips, that is for sure... I also hate bartenders that think they are the coolest fucking person on earth because they serve alcohol... I fucking hate alcohol!
    One of my friends got thrown down a flight of stairs by a bouncer and he broke his arm BAD. He was very drunk, but knew his arm was really messed up so he flagged down an ambulance... He called me from the hospital because I was sober, I came there, and the doctor told us had he went to sleep instead of coming to the hospital, he would have lost his arm from the elbow down.
    My friend sued the bar and got some $$!
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    There's a marked difference in the UK over the last few years, I think door staff now have to be registered or something, and have a bit of training. I've noticed a real difference in the type of carachters that do it now, they can be very polite, open the door for you, say "hello, have a good night sir" all that stuff. Years ago of course it was knuckle draggers who wanted to kick the shit out of anyone they could.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    I always heard that it was their small wieners that made them so angry and prone to violence. :p
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    i was at bar once in the city, and i playfully pinched my girlfriend's ass, and a bouncer saw me do it and threw me out because he thought i was going around pinching random girl's asses.

i pled my case, my girlfriend even came out and told him that we were together and she wasn't some random girl on the dance floor. the asshole still wouldn't let me in. he knew he was wrong but was too big of a meathead to admit it.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,204
    all bouncers are failed football players on steroids with shrunken dicks that's why they act like that ,they have to show their manhood somehow ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    pjfan31 wrote:

Have u got any bad bouncer stories?

I have one. Was at a bar during Christmas break in college and a tall guy bumped into me and then started to get real lippy. I can honestly say he bumped into me since I was sitting on a bar stool when it happened. He was a very big guy and I really wanted no part of him. Unfortunately no matter how big a guy is I just don't know how to back down. We get into it a little in the bar and it's quickly broken up. The bouncer then kicks myself and the three others I was with out of the bar. He seemed all cool and as we are outside of the bar the door opens and out comes the big guy and about 12 other people. Got my nose broken and we literally all got our asses kicked. It wasn't even close. As the cops show up the other guys are let back into the bar and the bouncer conveniently didn't know who went outside.

The next summer we saw the bouncer out at another local bar. Let's just say it was 5 on his ass and I'm pretty sure I broke his face with my foot. Hopefully he nevers pulls the shit he did again.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    You pretty much put your hands on someone and you are inviting a lawsuit. I know there were plenty of aggressive bouncers "back in the day", but if there are now, the club owner is just plain stupid.