What is the craziest food you have ever eaten???

Comments

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Clearly you are having a dig, I have never heard of an elk, big deal. I am sure you haven't heard of every single animal in the world, let alone in my country. And have you never asked a question before in your life???

I didn't know what an elk was... Get over it

i understand.
    sorry if i came across harsh.
    now i'll ask what a dig is that i am having?
    again, sorry for comin across like dickhead.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Fried, congealed pigs blood.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Solat13 wrote:
    Me personally chocolate covered crickets.

My mom is from the Philippines and her and my sister love eating Balut.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balut

Personally, I could never try it.

They made people eat Balut on Fear Factor

They were all puking
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    They made people eat Balut on Fear Factor

They were all puking

Wasn't he the bear in Disney's Jungle Book? I have ethical isues with people eating cartoon bears...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Wasn't he the bear in Disney's Jungle Book? I have ethical isues with people eating cartoon bears...

i quite like yogi-urt.

*groans*
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    eyedclaar wrote:
    You're funny!! :D That made me smile.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• raystreyraystrey Posts: 171
    Thecure wrote:
    sadly, when i was in another country i had what a thought was a steak but it ended up be dog. sadly, it was very good but when i got bhcak home to my dog i could not take it anymore and i did something very drastic.

I ate my own dog (lets just say it was cheaper) also i am joking abotu eating my own dog btu not abotu eating dog.

Shit I was in Dallas , texas .

My homeboys and I came out a club in a shady part of town . Street vendor was selling tacos . We had some and I noticed the meat tasted weird but ate anyways. Couple days later we saw that fool on news got busted serving doggie meat.
  • JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    I have eaten brains of various animals...

Brraaaaaiiiiiinnnnnnsssss?
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    chadwick wrote:
    i understand.
    sorry if i came across harsh.
    now i'll ask what a dig is that i am having?
    again, sorry for comin across like dickhead.

Nah, it's alright mate. A dig is like having ago/ making fun of someone/ being rude toward someone, it has negative connotations to it. saying to someone "your fat and ugly" That my friend, is having a dig.

Welcome to our Aussie colloquialisms 101. Plenty more where that came from... Fair dinkum
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    Solat13 wrote:
    Me personally chocolate covered crickets.

crickets tastes like shrimps.
    yeah!!! balut rules!!!
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...
  • prljmngrlprljmngrl Posts: 320
    I had alligator once. It was very tough and tasteless.
    Solat13 wrote:
    Yep, it's also known as the Mahi-mahi.

As far as I know only parts of Japan still eat actual dolphins that are mammals.
    what would be the difference though? Really...we eat cows and they are mammals.
    raystrey wrote:
    Shit I was in Dallas , texas .

My homeboys and I came out a club in a shady part of town . Street vendor was selling tacos . We had some and I noticed the meat tasted weird but ate anyways. Couple days later we saw that fool on news got busted serving doggie meat.
    lol that will teach you never to eat from a street vendor cart!
  • mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    Solat13 wrote:

I was going to say the same thing. Well it is my husband who ate it and I will never try it! He ate it in the Philippines when he was in the Marines. They sell them at an International store here, but no thanks!

I guess the craziest food for me was squid. The first few pieces were ok, but after that they got too squidy.

My husband's family all hunt so elk and venison are pretty common. They ate bear once, umm no thanks!
    Oh we eat crawdads(crawfish) a lot, they are kind of weird I spose.

They sell brains in a can here. It's only like $1 a can too! I bought some for my mom once, said I thought you needed this. :D I never tried them tho, seems like they would be really gooey or chewy.
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
    mindi wrote:
    My husband's family all hunt so elk and venison are pretty common. They ate bear once, umm no thanks!
    Oh we eat crawdads(crawfish) a lot, they are kind of weird I spose.

They sell brains in a can here. It's only like $1 a can too! I bought some for my mom once, said I thought you needed this. :D I never tried them tho, seems like they would be really gooey or chewy.

crawfish are delicious, i love getting to tear them apart. and so is venison, although the preparation can be a bit distressing...!
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    jamie uk wrote:
    Fried, congealed pigs blood.
    fried congealed pigs blood is a staple part of the traditional Irish breakfast :) black pudding! I'm not a fan though :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    JordyWordy wrote:
    crawfish are delicious, i love getting to tear them apart. and so is venison, although the preparation can be a bit distressing...!
    distressing? :D I can just picture you (well not really since I don't know what you look like, lol) cooking this meat and sobbing and screaming! :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    Do chocolate covered ants count as a "crazy" food??? If so then i guess that would be mine ;)
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
    Do chocolate covered ants count as a "crazy" food??? If so then i guess that would be mine ;)
    :eek: I would safely say that counts... why??? Where? What the fuck? :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    My 12 year old ate deep fried worms once.....she said they tasted like bacon... WTF??
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
    :eek: I would safely say that counts... why??? Where? What the fuck? :eek:

i dunno why really, i just thought it would be a laugh to buy some for work and see who would have one :D They taste a bit like bacon/nuts, but then ya can feel all bits of legs and what have ya getting stuck in ya throat, ive still got a couple here in my drawer if ya want em??? ;)
    i dunno why really, i just thought it would be a laugh to buy some for work and see who would have one :D They taste a bit like bacon/nuts, but then ya can feel all bits of legs and what have ya getting stuck in ya throat, ive still got a couple here in my drawer if ya want em??? ;)
    :o no thanks! I'll stick with the shortbread that's in the drawer beside ME :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    :o no thanks! I'll stick with the shortbread that's in the drawer beside ME :)

hehehe i'd say that was for the best really, mmmmmmm shortbread and cups of tea.......
    distressing? :D I can just picture you (well not really since I don't know what you look like, lol) cooking this meat and sobbing and screaming! :D

haha!! rofl :)

i actually meant that most people i know who cook it, also shoot and skin the deer, and leave it hanging in the shed out back etc....

But your interpretation was Miles better! :) cant get that image out of my head now
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Nah, it's alright mate. A dig is like having ago/ making fun of someone/ being rude toward someone, it has negative connotations to it. saying to someone "your fat and ugly" That my friend, is having a dig.

Welcome to our Aussie colloquialisms 101. Plenty more where that came from... Fair dinkum

gotcha, having a go at someone, got it.
    and as far as having a "fair dinkum"
    i haven't a clue what a fair dinkum is.
    i go ask jeanie/cate to teach me Aussie.
    before you know it i'll be a kangaroo or a wombat marsupial?

are wombats edible?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    my ass of a brother and mother lied to me when i was about 8 and told me this was chocolate pudding - Italian blood pudding sanguinaccio- I freaked out and cried for hours:

None of these recipes are very exact. I was trying to capture some of the lost lore of using pork blood.My memories of sanguinaccio was that of liking it until I learned what was in it. The recipes come from various sources. Just about every region of Italy prepares the dish. There are regional variations in the type of sweetening and flavorings. The crema can be used as pudding, in cookies or in a pie.
    Rose Albrizio

TIPS FOR WORKING WITH PORK BLOOD
    1. Gather the blood as it drains from the slashed throat of the pig.
    2. Stir continually while the blood drains. This is to avoid clots. Clots affect the texture of the finished product which you want as smooth as a dense pudding.
    3. It is preferred to use the traditional method of pig slaughter to gather blood. If you can't and have obtained blood from a slaughter house then be sure to strain it, before cooking.
    4. Do not store blood more than 24 hours before cooking.
    5. Cook in a double boiler over the lowest possible heat. Blood will otherwise separate and curdle.
    6. Stir constantly while cooking to prevent clots and separation. Plan of this taking 2-4 hrs. depending of amount.
    7. Test the mixture on a small plate. You don't want liquid to drain from it. An undercooked product will drain a rusty liquid which will spoil the looks of the crust if you bake in a pie shell.
    Other notes:
    Fig honey (miele di fichi) is a fig syrup, also called fichi cotti, produced by squeezing fresh figs and cooking down the liquid until very thick. It is similiar to vino cotto or musto cotto. Fig jam or grape jam can be subsitutued.

Ciocolata Fondente is a solid chocolate, a little more bitter than Hershey bars. Use Hershey dark bars or add a little bit of cocoa powder if regular Hershey bars aren't chocolate enough.
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Bearded clam - different varieties. Hahahahaha.

Okay sorry. Seriously though, the weirdest would probably be beaver - yes, actual beaver (it looked like chopped brisket) and anticuchos, which are marinated strips of cow heart on a skewer.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,806
    frog stomach soup
    duck tongue
    blowfish sperm sac (shirako)-and it was awesome
    sea cucumber
    horse sashimi
    sea urchin gonads
    grasshoppers
  • roarroar Posts: 1,116
    mud and slug.
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Get_Right wrote:
    frog stomach soup
    duck tongue
    blowfish sperm sac (shirako)-and it was awesome
    sea cucumber
    horse sashimi
    sea urchin gonads
    grasshoppers

What the hell, were you living on an obscure island in the Pacific somewhere?! That's quite a list!