Options

Who's Missing

flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
edited July 2008 in The Porch
So, I just got home with some new vinyl, one album- The Who- Who's Missing- brought a shitty reality into light. I know it is difficult to create GENUINELY new Music, but I was hearing alot of "Come Back" in the song "Anytime you want me". I don't know, it kinda bugged me a little bit to hear specific lyrics and vocal pattern, and even a hint of lead guitar similarity...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    Not again these threads... come on people.

I just listened to that Who song, it doesn't remind Come back one bit, except for the fact that its a "slow" song.
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    So, I just got home with some new vinyl, one album- The Who- Who's Missing- brought a shitty reality into light. I know it is difficult to create GENUINELY new Music, but I was hearing alot of "Come Back" in the song "Anytime you want me". I don't know, it kinda bugged me a little bit to hear specific lyrics and vocal pattern, and even a hint of lead guitar similarity...

Why? Because they sing Come On Back?

Anytime You Want Me sounds like 4,000 other songs from the 50's.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    OK, I CONFESS- what I really was doing was TRYING to find similarity between one of Pearl Jams MANY songs and one of The Who's MANY songs, and this is what I came up with. COME ON!!! If you can honestly say you don't hear similarities in BOTH lyrics and vocal pattern, then you may be deaf...and dumb.
  • Options
    Danimal wrote:
    Why? Because they sing Come On Back?

Anytime You Want Me sounds like 4,000 other songs from the 50's.

Did you READ my post? I said the song "Anytime you want me" has lyrics and vocal patterns which obviously inspired Come Back.
  • Options
    Why am I arguing with someone from Finland? And BOSTON? Hey Boston boy-I suppose you would argue that the Red Sox aren't modeled after the former Champion Yankees model...Buying Championships is the only way!
  • Options
    Did you READ my post? I said the song "Anytime you want me" has lyrics and vocal patterns which obviously inspired Come Back.

I did read it and it was the stupidest shit ever.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    Why am I arguing with someone from Finland? And BOSTON? Hey Boston boy-I suppose you would argue that the Red Sox aren't modeled after the former Champion Yankees model...Buying Championships is the only way!

What the fuck does this post even mean?

Bring back the guy who said Do the Evolution was a rip-off "She Drives Me Crazy." At least that guy was funny, intentionally or unintentionally.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    What the fuck does this post even mean?

Bring back the guy who said Do the Evolution was a rip-off "She Drives Me Crazy." At least that guy was funny, intentionally or unintentionally.

Now this is the FUNNIEST shit ever! Hahahhaa. That was great!

• Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    Danimal wrote:
    Now this is the FUNNIEST shit ever! Hahahhaa. That was great!

I was in Wendy's not two hours ago, and "She Drives me Crazy" comes on the PA. And I just start laughing my ass off. And my wife looks at me like I'm nuts.

It was great.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    I was in Wendy's not two hours ago, and "She Drives me Crazy" comes on the PA. And I just start laughing my ass off. And my wife looks at me like I'm nuts.

It was great.

Dude I honestly can not stop laughing at this.

By the way...Wendy's is the Mecca of cheeseburgers.