:)
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    sennin wrote:
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tapas

Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    TrixieCat wrote:
    yummy little bites of heaven from Spain
    :)
    Yummy, is one description.
    It's mostly pickled olives, and peppers, and meat..all pickled to the point that it can leave you with a permanant turn in one eye...!
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    jamie uk wrote:
    Yummy, is one description.
    It's mostly pickled olives, and peppers, and meat..all pickled to the point that it can leave you with a permanant turn in one eye...!
    :eek:
    You and I just are sooooo different when it comes to food. lol
    Did I tell you I had sushi the other day? :)

There are lots of yummy seafood options.
    And empanadas
    Breaded cheese all warm from the oven, drizzled with olive oil
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    TrixieCat wrote:
    :eek:
    You and I just are sooooo different when it comes to food. lol
    Did I tell you I had sushi the other day? :)

There are lots of yummy seafood options.
    And empanadas
    Breaded cheese all warm from the oven, drizzled with olive oil
    Well, when they gave me some in Spain, it was...rather, erm,...spicey's not the word, but it was pretty strong stuff. We also had cheese that had an after taste that rocked you down to your boots, and that ham that they leave out to dry until it turns to leather. No wonder we had so many beers, had to swill it down somehow.....
    no sushi for me thanks...I'll get a bad belly.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    jamie uk wrote:
    Well, when they gave me some in Spain, it was...rather, erm,...spicey's not the word, but it was pretty strong stuff. We also had cheese that had an after taste that rocked you down to your boots, and that ham that they leave out to dry until it turns to leather. No wonder we had so many beers, had to swill it down somehow.....
    no sushi for me thanks...I'll get a bad belly.
    Well, I am hoping to make it to Barcelona in the next year or two. I will see how different it is. :)
    For now, I will head to South Norwalk to a place called Barcelona. <--yummy tapas
  • Tapas is a plural term, so your question should really be 'what are tapas'. There are a number of myths about what tapas is all about. Here are just a few:

What Tapas is Not

-Tapas is not a particular type of food. Anything can be tapas - paella, croquettes, ham and cheese on toast, truly anything. As long as it is small and served with your drink (either free or at a surcharge), it is tapas. Read more about free tapas in Spain It doesn't even have to be Spanish - in Granada there are a number of Morrocan bars that offer couscous, falafel and kebabs as tapas.

-Tapas is not a starter. If you start eating tapas, you finish eating tapas, and you don't stop until you're full.

- Tapas is not a collection of small dishes brought out on a platter and eaten as a main course. The Spanish have a word for this - 'tabla'.

From what I can gather, tapas is essentially like eating appetizer plates for dinner. Small plates, big flavours, good wine. Done.

Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.