I cannot believe it....

TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
I am a mom! I mean I am now a real mom....cupcakes are cooling on the counter to take into Holden's classroom tomorrow.
He turns 3 tomorrow and he is still alive, regardless of my parenting. :o
The time has gone by so quickly and so much has happened in our lives since he arrived. It is a very melancholy time for me. I have losses this year that have created wounds that have still not healed and yet this little miracle of a kid is still here...happy, healthy and so smart.
I am blessed.
Happy Birthday my sweet boy.
:)
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2301/1990012902_d85ffc77da.jpg?v=0
Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
And I don't feel right when you're gone away
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    happy birthday holden.....you've got a great mom....:)

and i'm sure your dad is great, too....:p
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Another BDAY Thread! Happy Bday Holden!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • What a sweet thread, Trixie.

Happy Birthday Holden!

I laughed when I read this though because that's what I think every day. Wow! I haven't accidently dropped him on his head yet! ;)
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Congrats on 3 years! I can see from his picture he was a big newborn too - almost 9 pounds!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I am a mom! I mean I am now a real mom....cupcakes are cooling on the counter to take into Holden's classroom tomorrow.
    The time has gone by so quickly and so much has happened in our lives since he arrived. It is a very melancholy time for me. I have losses this year that have created wounds that have still not healed and yet this little miracle of a kid is still here...happy, healthy and so smart.
    I am blessed.

hey happy one to holden and you also for being a great mom ,yeah it hit's you when you least expect it you realize hey i'm a parent. i still can't believe my boy is 13 and my baby girl is now 10 going on 16 i'm spinning i tell you ....:D
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • LindaLinda Posts: 1,656
    Holden, when the time is right, i would like you to meet someone....she a bit older than you, dont worry, your mother will have learned you by then that a girl with some life experience isnt bad........

You are truly a beautiful boy.....happy birthday!!!!
    i'm not happy yet.....
  • Awwww! congrat's to Holden for having an awesome mom! (dammit woman - you are going to make me kinda maybe someday want one of my very...awww, moment passed! PHEW!)

seriously -that was sweet!

YAY!
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    It's nearly his birthday here already. He's handsome. And soon you'll blink and he'll be 13 like my eldest. Good job for you that you weren't like me, cos by the time my eldest was 3 we had 2 others!!! In fact when she was 30 months we had the others.......it's just a blurr now!
    Enjoy him, I know you will.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Thank you everyone...you are very kind.
    I am so proud of him. My love really does not have a ceiling when it comes to him.
    Linda...he already enjoys the company of older women so I may have him look up your beauty down the road.
    Jamie, thank you...yes, I think he is handsome too! :) One of the losses we had this year was that he would have been a big brother any day now...so that is why there is some melancholy involved. But everything happens for a reason.

Thank you everyone for your kind words. :)
  • memememe Posts: 4,693
    I thought I would draw the line at cupcakes. I held back for seven and a half years, then came this year's Fall festival... :p

Happy birthday :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
    meme wrote:
    I thought I would draw the line at cupcakes. I held back for seven and a half years, then came this year's Fall festival... :p

Happy birthday :)
    lol A friend of mine on here told me that she is making brownies for her 18 year old to take to school. Now if that isn't a wonderful mom...I don't know who is.
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Happy Bday Little Man
    Aw..Jeanie you made me cry! When he wakes up in the morning..I will show him. He will love it!
    And J, you still owe him a fishing trip. :)

thank you everyone. :)
  • Happy Happy Happy Happy!!!!
    Day!!!!

Yay For Holden!!!
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • jojojojo Posts: 645
    Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.
    jojo wrote:
    That's my favorite ed picture. Just so damned cute.
    I will show it to Holden in the morning.
    He will love it.
  • Happy days!

congrats
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • your a good mom, give jr a big hug and kiss 4 me.
    happy b-day young man.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • TrixieCat wrote:
    I am blessed.

Happy birthday, Holden! :)

And congratulations on 3 years of successful mommy-ing. :D I'll bet these years have flown by...
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,963
    happy bday little man!!!
    I love to turn you on
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    Happy Bday Little Man

very original steve ;)
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    3 year olds are the best. :D i know this having grown 4 of them. i hope in 18 years when you're seeing a man standing in front of you, that your son is all you raised him to be. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I am blessed.

that's awesome. parenting sounds fun, honestly. from you and from others i know.

everyone keeps telling my wife and i that we would have the cutest baby. while i appreciate that and agree at the same time, i wish people would mind their own business!

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
    brainofPJ wrote:
    that's awesome. parenting sounds fun, honestly. from you and from others i know.

everyone keeps telling my wife and i that we would have the cutest baby. while i appreciate that and agree at the same time, i wish people would mind their own business!
    :o I am going to need pictures...then I will make a decision. :p Naked, preferably.

Everyone....thank you so much. Many of you I have gotten to know so well and through me, you know Holden. He woke up late this morning (throwing back at Grandma's late last night) so he didn't get a chance to look at your well wishes before school. But I will show him later.
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,963
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    very original steve ;)

HA! :D "Great minds..."
    I love to turn you on
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    TrixieCat wrote:
    :o I am going to need pictures...then I will make a decision. :p Naked, preferably.

Everyone....thank you so much. Many of you I have gotten to know so well and through me, you know Holden. He woke up late this morning (throwing back at Grandma's late last night) so he didn't get a chance to look at your well wishes before school. But I will show him later.

i can't stop laughing at that...:D:D:D
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    TrixieCat wrote:

you're on a naked picture kick of late!

well she's asian so i think that baby would have a chance to be cute. half white, half asian...

sweeeet.

oh, and "throwing back at grandma's"....:D

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
    brainofPJ wrote:
    you're on a naked picture kick of late!

well she's asian so i think that baby would have a chance to be cute. half white, half asian...

sweeeet.

oh, and "throwing back at grandma's"....:D
    lol..no, you have only been paying attention recently.

My boy can party.
  • Happy Bday Holden!!!

((Holden))

Thanks for sharing TC. You are an awesome mom and person who sparks the place up.

*heres to another great year for Holden and your whole family*

http://webpages.charter.net/trussell/pictures/Happy%20Birthday%20pooh.gif
    http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s4/karsmi123/bd/bd0109.gif
    http://www.janetskiles.com/ART/greeting/greet-ani/birthday-bunny.jpg
    Hope those arent too girly. :p

Especially from Aunty Rargh:

http://www.town-cards.de/_p-upl/1440191_Happy_Birthday_Chimp.jpg

*many more fun and sweet years for the cat family*
    :D
    Rarghstarfarian.