***What made your day, the sarcasm thread****

TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
edited March 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
Ok, so I invite my brother and his family over for Easter Sunday at the begining of the week. I knew he wouldn't call until Friday. Boy, was I pleasantly surprised when he left a message last night while we were shopping for the tenderloin and trimmings to say they weren't coming. I thought that was AWESOME! A day ahead of when I thought one of them would call.
He was away on business and his wife told him I had called. I guess her phone wasn't dialing out all week. I sincerely hope it gets fixed soon.
I really do.
;)
Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
And I don't feel right when you're gone away
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Ok, so I invite my brother and his family over for Easter Sunday at the begining of the week. I knew he wouldn't call until Friday. Boy, was I pleasantly surprised when he left a message last night while we were shopping for the tenderloin and trimmings to say they weren't coming. I thought that was AWESOME! A day ahead of when I thought one of them would call.
    He was away on business and his wife told him I had called. I guess her phone wasn't dialing out all week. I sincerely hope it gets fixed soon.
    I really do.
    ;)

hehehehehehe....i love sarcasm.....sorry about your bro's screwup......can i come over for tenderloin?! ;):D:D
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    cutback wrote:
    hehehehehehe....i love sarcasm.....sorry about your bro's screwup......can i come over for tenderloin?! ;):D:D
    Of course you can come over. I am an awesome cook.
    It wasn't a screwup! It was GREAT! It almost NEVER happens this way. He LOVES me and LOVES spending time with me and my family.
    I think he is the BEST brother a girl can have. REALLY.
    ;)
    The door is always open for you.
    You are awesome!
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    You know what else made my day???
    We are going to be taxed on the relief check that Bushie is sending out.
    Yes, that is AWESOME.
    Why not just take the damn tax out now and save us the heartache of forgetting to put it aside and then scrambling for it next spring.
    I think that is awesome.
    I love President Bush.
    No, REALLY.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,768
    TrixieCat wrote:
    You know what else made my day???
    We are going to be taxed on the relief check that Bushie is sending out.
    Yes, that is AWESOME.
    Why not just take the damn tax out now and save us the heartache of forgetting to put it aside and then scrambling for it next spring.
    I think that is awesome.
    I love President Bush.
    No, REALLY.

It was the same the last time. I know I won't be invited.
    I miss igotid88
  • nicoolnicool Posts: 89
    well the sweestest, most awesomist part of my day was getting ditched by my boyfriend, again. I also like how it's been over a week since I've seen him, and I'm used to seeing him everyday. Now its like aweeeesomme! my relationship is like falling apart! wicked!

I also love how i puked all morning and it looked like water cause all i drank was vodka the night before.
    You sheltered me from nothing but the weather...
  • the knicks-grizzlies game was riveting. welcome to garbagetime in the nba...
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • ahhh the thread of my people, I have found you after a long search.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    ahhh the thread of my people, I have found you after a long search.

It's too bad most of the folks don't post here anymore.
    ELITIST FUK
  • northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    edited January 2015
    But most of today's posters didn't post then, so do you long for those who are not here or appreciate who is...disclaimer - no sarcasm was used in the previous statement.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • I'm SOOOOOO excited to get to sit in an orientation class in order to receive food stamps.. Goodie goodie me!! ;-)
    But most of today's posters didn't post then, so do you long for those who are not here or appreciate who is...disclaimer - no sarcasm was used in the previous statement.

It's a combo of both--there are some folks I really miss seeing on here, but I certainly appreciate those that have stuck around and continue to make me laugh.
    ELITIST FUK
  • True enough, well to be fair I haven't been here long enough to actually know the people of old but some of those threads were damn funny.

• Now back to our regularly scheduled program:
    Super jazzed for day two of overtime and living in a hotel.

• First day of the semester and have already come close to being hit by two different knuckleheads in brodozers. I absolutely love trying to park on campus, it makes my day.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    I just fucken love leaving the sun in LA for the fucken cold in jersey. I mean, who doesn't.....
  • First day of the semester and have already come close to being hit by two different knuckleheads in brodozers. I absolutely love trying to park on campus, it makes my day.

Totally am
    Not looking forward to doing this again.. But I think I'm going to..
  • Ohhhhh look! A government issued hoop!! Gotta go jump through it!!
  • But I gott some stories for you!! Holy shit!!
  • Fuckjng people .... I'm telling you Idiocracy... Just saying..
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    I absolutely love when I accidentally click on The Moving Train and decide to read some posts
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    I love it when it warms up enough to start melting some of the ice and snow--but not completely, so when it re-freezes, it creates such a lovely sheet of ice on the driveway. Oh, the joys of walking to my car on that.
    ELITIST FUK
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,902
    I love.....just fucking LOVE....what the 10C did to the look of this place!!!!!! love the smileys and the fonting options, too!!! what a great design!!! kudos, to you all!!!!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I'm so glad I got sick at the company party, and am still hacking up lung butter almost 2 weeks later!

Oh, did I mention, I thought it was awesome of them to put the food out 45 minutes before the official start time of said party, so when we were finally allowed to go and get the food, it was cold!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • I truly truly love it when everything has to stop so some overinflated pompous politician can have a pretty little tour right in the middle of the final stretch towards the deadline. Seriously take your fake smile and your photo ops somewhere else, I have work to do.

• ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    My Wi-Fi just went out suddenly while I was in the middle of watching a show online. Yay! Internet problems! My favorite!
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • GillycwGillycw Posts: 524
    I love the shit out of it when I haven't hit my sales target at work.
    Then the person at the next desk has to tell the whole office every time they make another sale and how far OVER their target they are. It makes me feel sooooo awesome!! I am enjoying though, my daydreams about bludgeoning her with my keyboard
  • oh hotel that I joke about being my second house.....I truly love how you throttle the internet because it isn't fun enough to be trapped within your walls for the majority of the week but my main source of amusement must be a fuckin shit show to access, so again thank you, you cheap bastards.

• oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    I absolutely love cycling in the rain. So refreshing! Especially winter rain, which is particularly bracing. Brisk, you might say. And especially when it gets blown horizontally, because then it is sure to get in to every square inch - no missed nooks or crannies! Rain like this creates efficiencies in both time and resources, because you don't even need to take one of those decadent hot showers. No sir! Just enjoy nature's bounty as it sluices over you.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    guns and roses playing mr brownstone on the radio, didnt even have to fall over even though i was shocked
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    I love spending 3 hours in a meeting and at the end of the meeting, everyone agrees to what was agreed on before the 3 hour meetings