American Sports Computer Games in the UK

eoboeobo Posts: 102
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I work in a computer shop and we've just got in a load of new season sports games. Among these are Madden 08 and some sort of baseball game, and we have sold like 2 copies of Madden in the last 2 weeks and that is it, so I thought I'd ask, is there a market over here for these kind of games?

NBA games (especially street) and the occasional NFL game do well over here, but I think selling American football and baseball games over here is a little silly. I just don't see where the market lies, and I can't name a single person interested in American football over here.

What are the thoughts on this? Any Brits really love these games? Am I being silly?

e
heh, keep her lit.

Dublin, 23/08/2006 = Lifechanging! X D

Katowice, 13/06/2007 = Phenomenal = )

London, 18/06/2007 = Pretty darn sweet = )

London Poster Wanted, PM if you have one for sale = )
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    eobo wrote:
    I work in a computer shop and we've just got in a load of new season sports games. Among these are Madden 08 and some sort of baseball game, and we have sold like 2 copies of Madden in the last 2 weeks and that is it, so I thought I'd ask, is there a market over here for these kind of games?

NBA games (especially street) and the occasional NFL game do well over here, but I think selling American football and baseball games over here is a little silly. I just don't see where the market lies, and I can't name a single person interested in American football over here.

What are the thoughts on this? Any Brits really love these games? Am I being silly?

e

Lots of people like NFL over here, did you see anything of the game at Wembley the stadium was packed.

I bought Maddens 07, but it was shit and I sold it, I may import All Pro Football.

I also have NHL and NBA 2K7.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    eobo wrote:

e

you've answered your own question... if 2 copies of Madden have been sold in last 2 weeks then i would say there is a very small market.. compare that to Football Manager 2008 which had sold out in all but one of the shops in my hometown and that explains it.

p.s. never go on Dragon's Den... they'll make mince oot o' ye ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    :D
  • Beck..Beck.. Posts: 535
    I'm a Broncos fan and have been for 23 years,watch every Sunday night til the wee hour,even take every Monday off work so i don't have to get up early, think there's a lot of people in the UK that are into the NFL.