Options

Stop Bitching About Boots!

2»

Comments

• Options
    flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
    jasonw wrote:
    i got banned for like 3 days for saying less offense stuff than this (which i was joking abour) did not call people "f-ers" or say "f-off" in all caps with an !

That was almost as moving as the "You had me at Hello" scene in Jerry Mcguire. Must be special, I guess.
  • Options
    Corey LynnCorey Lynn Posts: 681
    I am very thankful to get the Boots. I am listening to Hartford now...and it is bringing that night back to me. I think that we are very lucky to have them. I think back to 92..and I am so lucky to have embraced PJ back then...not knowing then how far they would come and how relevant they would still be 16 years later.

If I knew where it was I would take you there. There's much more than this
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,687
    The boots are mixed weird. The sound quality could be better. plus I just noticed when I play my boot using itunes, disc 2 list the song titles and disc one just says track #. its shotty quality. Im not gunna shit my pants or anything, just not the best quality. Also, not sure why I had to email them twice to get the boot. took almost a month to get. Thanks for listening......all thats sacred....

update: All night. rats and WMA sound awesome.
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,117
    jeffbr wrote:
    Exactly. I have no idea why PJ fans think that PJ is unique in this regard.

True. More and more bands are doing this download thing. I'm going broke between PJ, Black Crowes, and Widespread Panic downloads.

As for the cd's.....I'm not bitching.....but was suprised to find that these cd's are burned, and not profesional silver disks. I'll be bummed 5 years from now if these disks shit the bed and start making those digital crackling noises.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
  • Options
    The options are great with many bands for sure.
  • Options
    heyjoseheyjose Melbourne, Australia Posts: 503
    Why are people complaining? Cos they're not as good as 2006's boots, that's why. I'm all for considering others' opinions, but I really don't see how you could argue that this year's crop sound the best!
    1995: Melbourne 1
    1998: Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2003: Sydney 1, 2, 3, Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2006: Sydney 1, 2, Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Sydney 3, Newcastle, Adelaide 1, 2, Perth
    2009: LA 1, 2, Melbourne, Sydney
    2014: Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney

• Options
    shermsherm Seattle, Wa Posts: 708
    I don't really get why its necessary for me to call and send emails asking about something I ordered a month ago (and haven't received yet). I wish I would have just downloaded the shows I ordered instead. The one show I did download, Columbia, sounded pretty good to me, I was surprised by the complaints about that show's sound. I just hope my cd's show up soon.
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • Options
    riffrandallriffrandall Posts: 685
    actually, metallica may have surpassed PJ inbeing unbelievably cool because they provide boots of special shows like the benefit they just did in L.A.

Vic? Beacon? anyone?

This day isn't far off. Last year Metallica made their Bridge School Benefit performances available online within a few days of the shows.

I can tell you first hand that the organizers of benefits DO NOT like to see the bands' performances being traded after the show. Since the tide's already moving, though- I would expect to see a lot more benefit performances readily available after the fact. Not just volumes 1-10 on iTunes.
    ;)
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options
    i like the fan boot of Bonarroo more than the official one, but its kinda silly to complain.
  • Options
    JboogieJboogie Posts: 34
    You know, instead of coming on here bitching about every detail, be THANKFUL we got Bootlegs. I was missing one disc from one boot in my order, called the phone number attached in the invoice (DIDNT YOU SEE IT?), and spoke with a VERY cool employee and voila! I had the missing disc 2 DAYS LATER! All you fuckers keep bitching, maybe we won't get boots next time around. FUCK OFF!

I couldn't have said it better.