Options

Ohio State vs. LSU

gue_bariumgue_barium Posts: 5,515
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Predictions.
I think LSU, like Florida last year will probably be too fast for Ohio State.
I'm kind of rooting for the Big Ten, though.

all posts by ©gue_barium are protected under US copyright law and are not to be reproduced, exchanged or sold
except by express written permission of ©gue_barium, the author.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Wake me when it's over.
  • Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    Flooding and riots.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Well if i did my quick research correct. History will point out that Ohio State has played an SEC team 8 times in a bowl.....

they are 0-8

78- Alabama
    90- Auburn
    92- UGA
    94- Alabama
    95-Tenn
    01- South Carolina
    02- South Carolina
    07- Florida
    08-.........

This Big 10 team does not seem to stack up well against the SEC in bowl games.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    CServantCServant DCO Posts: 1,182
    intodeep wrote:
    Well if i did my quick research correct. History will point out that Ohio State has played an SEC team 8 times in a bowl.....

they are 0-8

78- Alabama
    90- Auburn
    92- UGA
    94- Alabama
    95-Tenn
    01- South Carolina
    02- South Carolina
    07- Florida
    08-.........

This Big 10 team does not seem to stack up well against the SEC in bowl games.

That's a telling stat! I think LSU by at least 2 T.D.'s.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Penn State did beat a bad Tennesse team last year so there's that... even with Anthony Morelli no less who's always good for at least one defensive TD.

LSU if they come ready and Bo Pellini's departure isn't too much of a factor will absolutely destroy OSU. They haven't played anyone this year half as fast.

Healthy Glen Dorsey will dominate. C Wells will not run. Too much defensive speed. Not enough playmakers for OSU this year.

They beat Miami on a boosh phantom PI call in the endzone and a terrific play by Maurice Clarett.

On paper, LSU dominates OSU in every facit.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    i have 2 sources of optimism.

1. lsu has a more traditional offense than most sec teams. the run and shoot spread offense that killed the buckeyes against florida and illinois is not really what lsu does. that's promising for ohio state's defense.

2. osu has a huge chip on their shoulder this year and will be coming in big underdogs. they also play better in big road games against adversity. they've got a lot prove, nothing to lose, and everything to gain this season.

that said, i don't like their chances, but less because of speed and talent. osu can hang with anybody in terms of raw athletic talent. they don't have more nfl draft picks than anyone but usc for no reason. however, they just aren't ready. lsu has been playing and winning big games all season. they've had to win in tough situations, they're battle-hardened, and they've fought hard to get here. ohio state has not truly been tested. they're a relatively young and inexperienced team that could get rattled if they get down, as was shown against illinois.
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    I think LSU will win this easily.

That being said, how any team (other than possibly Hawaii) could make a claim to the national championship this year is beyond me.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    know1 wrote:
    That being said, how any team (other than possibly Hawaii) could make a claim to the national championship this year is beyond me.

well, you could start with all the teams that won their respective conferences... and work your way from there.
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    well, you could start with all the teams that won their respective conferences... and work your way from there.

you could say they kinda did. osu won the big ten and has the best record of all major conference champs. lsu won the sec and played in the strongest conference (oklahoma has a solid argument there though).

i still like a playoff with the champs of the big 6 conferences and 2 wild cards.

oklahoma
    vt
    osu
    lsu
    usc
    wvu

plus:
    hawaii
    georgia

how sweet would that be?