Brady says winning is not enough

2»

Comments

• even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    g under p wrote:
    Yes, however it appears according to ST rules the Patriots must be reluctant and tasteful in whichever decision the Patriots make. To be a great team with class they MUST consider the other teams feelings. :D This is foootball American style, figure out how to stop them. They can't worry about the repercussions down the road, teams play to win plain and simple and if they crush the other teams so be it, then STOP THEM please.

You know g-u-p, I remember growing up and if you were on a team that lost every game in one season, there was no changing players to make the teams even. Not everybody got a trophy because you showed up and played. They have dumbed children down so much that they don't even know how to lose properly anymore. As shown with some of the posts in this thread. If you have ever played a sport where you have blown a team out, it isn't your teams fault that you are that much better then the other team. It is their fault. And if they don't like the way they lost by a large margin, make your team feel better the next time by losing by less if you know you can't beat them. It is something called trying and pride. Young kids need to learn both of these things to even cope in life. There is no reset button like a video game. Life is real and as soon as you can accept that there will be better and worse out there you will understand where the Pats are coming from.

Hell we blew out a hockey team 13-0 one week and then some of the cocky guys in the room the next week were wondering how many goals they were going to pour in against the same team. We lost 3-0 and must have had at least 80 shots on net. We did everything but win. That is what makes sport so good. Humbled the cock jocks in the room after the game. Me being me, I was right on them before the game and after about how to not crow about winning or whine about losing. Be happy you can even play the sport.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    even flow? wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    Yes, however it appears according to ST rules the Patriots must be reluctant and tasteful in whichever decision the Patriots make. To be a great team with class they MUST consider the other teams feelings. :D This is foootball American style, figure out how to stop them. They can't worry about the repercussions down the road, teams play to win plain and simple and if they crush the other teams so be it, then STOP THEM please.

You know g-u-p, I remember growing up and if you were on a team that lost every game in one season, there was no changing players to make the teams even. Not everybody got a trophy because you showed up and played. They have dumbed children down so much that they don't even know how to lose properly anymore. As shown with some of the posts in this thread. If you have ever played a sport where you have blown a team out, it isn't your teams fault that you are that much better then the other team. It is their fault. And if they don't like the way they lost by a large margin, make your team feel better the next time by losing by less if you know you can't beat them. It is something called trying and pride. Young kids need to learn both of these things to even cope in life. There is no reset button like a video game. Life is real and as soon as you can accept that there will be better and worse out there you will understand where the Pats are coming from.

Hell we blew out a hockey team 13-0 one week and then some of the cocky guys in the room the next week were wondering how many goals they were going to pour in against the same team. We lost 3-0 and must have had at least 80 shots on net. We did everything but win. That is what makes sport so good. Humbled the cock jocks in the room after the game. Me being me, I was right on them before the game and after about how to not crow about winning or whine about losing. Be happy you can even play the sport.

Evenflow I couldn't have put it or said that any better. I related something similar to that in the "hurt Tom Brady thread". I played various sports from hockey to baseball, strangely I didn't play football I played the sports even keeled. Never too excited when we crushed someone (unless they were a bunch of cocky jocks), never too down when and if we were crushed. However, if we were beaten badly we made point to come and show that other team like Cypress Hill would....."We ain't going out like that".

Improve on the defeat and we did just that or outright won the game. So if the Patriots continue to win and beat these teams that they'll be playing for the second time, they will surely show how strong of a team they assimilated this year.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    It's not our fault your defense sucks.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Romo threw a TD pass to Owens yesterday with 6 minutes to go in the game.
    They were winning at the time 27 - 3. This made it 34 - 3.
    They were winning by over 3 touchdowns, yet the star QB and WR were still in the game. WOW.
    I don't hear anyone complaining about this.
  • JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,075
    They were winning by over 3 touchdowns, yet the star QB and WR were still in the game. WOW.

i thought the exact same thing when i saw that play.
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,141

In all fairness it was necessary to keep TO's TD streak going ......I think he is at six games?
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314

amen to that....

In the words of Matt Light the other day "This isn't Little League. We're not crushing the hopes and dreams of your 8yr old son or daughter. This is professional football, we play to win..."

And seriously, why don't the teams that are losing just give up, throw in the white towel to surrender? Oohhh...maybe that can be a new league rule - the White Flag rule, kind of like the red challenge flag. When a team has been completely dominated, bitch slapped and for all intents and purposes, has given up, the head coach can just throw the white flag. I mean, they're losing that badly, they should just go home since it's a foregone conclusion that the Pats will win, right? Hell no, they stay on the field because they are playing to win.

So no, I'm not apologizing for shit. I'm not saying they are running up the score or they're not because I quite frankly don't care. They're winning so I'm happy. The media wants to give you something to whine about...and look, here you are...whining...and about what? another team winning. A friend of mine taught her kids this lesson "What do we get when we whine? NOTHING...so knock it off".
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Whizbang wrote:

And seriously, why don't the teams that are losing just give up, throw in the white towel to surrender? Oohhh...maybe that can be a new league rule - the White Flag rule, kind of like the red challenge flag. When a team has been completely dominated, bitch slapped and for all intents and purposes, has given up, the head coach can just throw the white flag. I mean, they're losing that badly, they should just go home since it's a foregone conclusion that the Pats will win, right? Hell no, they stay on the field because they are playing to win.

Maybe if the other team gives up and leaves the field. You could let the fans on the field to catch some balls from Brady and toss a couple to Moss and then have picture day with the guys.

We have a rule in our men's league hockey where if you are down in the third period by more then (in some leagues) three goals they run the clock so it won't get dirty. I feel my money is getting wasted because we want our full time. We even feel that way when we are getting blown out.

I could just picture a team in the NFL calling it a day with 5 minutes left in the third quarter as they know they don't stand a chance of coming back.
    You've changed your place in this world!