what is about 3pm?

GreenTeaDiseaseGreenTeaDisease Posts: 3,359
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
that is the time everyday when I totally fizzle out at work. I had a snack, but it doesn't improve my productivity...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,560
    I can't wait to see the ridiculous suggestions soon to pile up here.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Yes...after 3...I'm basically done working unless I have something due that same day.

On fridays...it's pretty much after lunch. The rest of the time is surfing the internet and listening to music.
  • pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    that is the time everyday when I totally fizzle out at work. I had a snack, but it doesn't improve my productivity...

I'm the same. We get two 15 minute breaks during the day, so when I can get away, I go on a quick walk in the afternoon. Usually wakes me up. :)
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    once 3 hits... the day moves at a snails pace for me.

so close to getting the hell out of here and going to happy hour.

hahaha

Funny, you can google lists that are contradictory to this one.

http://psychologytoday.com/articles/pto-20030722-000004.html
    "There's one group of people who are especially susceptible to late afternoon fatigue," says Wurtman, "and they're called 'women.'" Women often choose skimpy salads for their midday meal, leaving them at a loss for the nutrients they need. Opt instead for the fatigue-fighting team of lean protein sources and unrefined carbohydrates to elevate both energy and mood.

amanet.org wrote:
    Tip #3: Eat small meals.

Probably the best advice right here:
    Use caffeine judiciously

Hahaha.

It's a natural result of the body's circadian rythyhm. Especially this time of year in the northern hemisphere. The reduction of sun-light triggers a change in human physiology. Probably, to some degree, a remnant of a human mode of hybernation. This theory of a vestigal hybernation also explains other metabolic phenomena, such as the apparent marriage of increased food intake and decreased energy expenditure, or laziness.

Your best option is probably to take a nap. But of course, with our fucked up societies, you can't do that, can you? Only human beings could be so ridiculous as to deny their own nature for some social ideology.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Ahnimus wrote:
    hahaha

Funny, you can google lists that are contradictory to this one.

http://psychologytoday.com/articles/pto-20030722-000004.html

well other than the carb advice, it seems to be comparable.

and yeah, a touch of coffee never hurt anybody for sure! if i'm especially dragging (on account on not sleeping too well the nite before), then i'll have a little bit, but not too much to mess my sleep up.

naps are definitely the ideal, one thing i loved about spain was the siesta time. it's a shame society doesn't let us indulge in something that is really just natural.
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    I'm a morning person, so any time after noon is just horrible for me. I'm okay again after 7:00pm. But between the hours of 1:00 and 7:00, I am incredibly unproductive.
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I have a similar problem...nothing my friend caffiene can't fix! :)

That said, when I was in better shape and not consuming ANY caffiene I never got tired during the day.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    this post reminds me of this movie (3:00 related!!) :D

maybe you will find the answer there.......
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Ahnimus wrote:
    It's a natural result of the body's circadian rythyhm.

that's what i was gonna say. i recall that humans go through peaks and valleys and 3pm and 3am are kinda the bottoming out times.
  • that is the time everyday when I totally fizzle out at work. I had a snack, but it doesn't improve my productivity...

try some nice hot green tea with real sugar.....
    that's what i was gonna say. i recall that humans go through peaks and valleys and 3pm and 3am are kinda the bottoming out times.

Yea, 3 AM is the prototypical time Insomnia strikes.
  • Blood sugar spiking. What are you eating?
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237

Try doing some cardio on weekends around 2:30, then take a walk at 3pm during the work week, then have a small snack. Your snack is probably spiking your BG which can make you feel lethargic.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    Who are those posters?
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    I have the same problem....it's 2:30 and I just want to lay my head down on my desk and go to sleep soooooooooo bad......I'm not like this EVERY day....but on days it does happen, it's bad, and it's happening bad today....I think because I'm exhausted from dealing with my daughter, have a headache, and ate 2 snickers.....
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,901
    take a nap.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    imalive said:

take a nap.

Some of us have to work....and 3pm is only my halfway mark in my day....naps are out of the questions except on the weekends....
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    I'm off work at 3:30
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • I'm off at work at 3pm. That is my favorite time of the day.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,901
    PJSiren said:

imalive said:

take a nap.

Some of us have to work....and 3pm is only my halfway mark in my day....naps are out of the questions except on the weekends....
    as much as some of you post, I believe it should be

"work"

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13