ever pick up bad habits from friends?

GreenTeaDiseaseGreenTeaDisease Posts: 3,359
edited October 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
ugh, I am so pissed at myself. I have this friend who always puts her hand up to her mouth when she eats and talks. It always drives me nuts because it just looks bad and since I can't see her lips moving, it's impossible to hear what she's saying anyway. She does it when she's not talking too, and just like covers her mouth when she's chewing. I hate it, and now, all of a sudden, I am putting my hand up to my mouth every single freaking time I eat! I keep catching myself doing it, but I can't seem to break the habit!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    i was taught not to talk with food in my mouth. perhaps you should tell her.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,213
    does she have all her teeth maybe she is afraid of flying food particles just a thought ....:)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Certain odd phrases I tend to pick up. Also, since living in Texas I find myself slipping into a bit of the local dialect quite often. I don't even realize I'm doing it. I've still refrained from saying "y'all".
  • does she have all her teeth maybe she is afraid of flying food particles just a thought ....:)

well, I assume she's afraid of flying food particles/visible chewed food, but as SS says, you shouldn't talk with food in your mouth to begin with! But now when I'm doing it, I'm not even talking. I just did it eating some trail mix sitting alone here in my office.
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    gabers wrote:
    Also, since living in Texas I find myself slipping into a bit of the local dialect quite often. I don't even realize I'm doing it. I've still refrained from saying "y'all".

It's time to embrace that one, partner. ;)
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,213
    well, I assume she's afraid of flying food particles/visible chewed food, but as SS says, you shouldn't talk with food in your mouth to begin with! But now when I'm doing it, I'm not even talking. I just did it eating some trail mix sitting alone here in my office.

whao i'm sitting here laughing with the thought of you with hand at your mouth .......:)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    Wow, I've seen people do that and I appreciated it because I thought it was at least semi-polite.

I wouldn't call that a bad habit.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    know1 wrote:
    Wow, I've seen people do that and I appreciated it because I thought it was at least semi-polite.

I wouldn't call that a bad habit.

Agreed. I do that when I'm chewing gum. Granted, I don't chew gum with my mouth open, but if I'm talking with gum in my mouth, I don't want to risk anything.
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    ugh, I am so pissed at myself. I have this friend who always puts her hand up to her mouth when she eats and talks. It always drives me nuts because it just looks bad and since I can't see her lips moving, it's impossible to hear what she's saying anyway. She does it when she's not talking too, and just like covers her mouth when she's chewing. I hate it, and now, all of a sudden, I am putting my hand up to my mouth every single freaking time I eat! I keep catching myself doing it, but I can't seem to break the habit!
    i developed the same habit in high school from my best friend. it was moreso to prevent our boyfriends from making fun of us while we were eating...and a fear of having pizza sauce all over our faces!?

i still do it...as well as constantly wiping my mouth while eating. i've never been a messy eater :)
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    well.......there was the late 80's when meth seemed like a good idea.......
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    no, but i've passed a few on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    81 wrote:
    no, but i've passed a few on

yeah, thanks a lot.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I picked up drinking from friends. I picked up smoking weed from friends. I picked up doing acid from friends. I picked up doing coke from my friends.

Overall, I have awesome friends. :lol:
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    DS1119 wrote:
    I picked up drinking from friends. I picked up smoking weed from friends. I picked up doing acid from friends. I picked up doing coke from my friends.

Overall, I have awesome friends. :lol:

I think we must have the same friends!
    :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Meg8686Meg8686 Posts: 1,234
    they get them from me. Im a bad influence :roll: :roll: :lol:
    Sometimes I speak of nothing at all.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Meg8686 wrote:
    they get them from me. Im a bad influence :roll: :roll: :lol:

i've read a few of your posts.....i can understand why they would say this.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Meg8686Meg8686 Posts: 1,234
    Im don't force any thing on anyone. I just do some crazy things and people seem to follow me. :lol::lol:
    Sometimes I speak of nothing at all.