Options

I found a note on my windshield this morning

GreenTeaDiseaseGreenTeaDisease Posts: 3,359
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
It said "what makes you think you're worthy of 2 parking spots?"

man, would I like to meet the person who left this note. I live on a corner. I live in a city where parking tickets are handed out to almost everyone on the street and I've paid hundreds of dollars in tickets in the 6 months I've lived there. If you park less than 20 feet from the corner, you get a ticket. So now I make sure I'm definitely 20 feet from the corner. I can't help it if then there's no room for another car before the next drive way.

who insults someone via an anonymous note and then runs away so they can't be rebutted? I'm pretty pissed.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    I think you should write a detailed essay as to why you feel you should be able to do this. I'd also include an envelope for the original not creator to stick money in for your next parking ticket.
  • Options
    Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,329
    Ahh, Boston. 2 World Series wins and soon to be 4 Super Bowl wins and everyone is still fucking bitter.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    That's the problem with living in a big city I guess. It's a bit of a free for all.
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    It said "what makes you think you're worthy of 2 parking spots?"

man, would I like to meet the person who left this note. I live on a corner. I live in a city where parking tickets are handed out to almost everyone on the street and I've paid hundreds of dollars in tickets in the 6 months I've lived there. If you park less than 20 feet from the corner, you get a ticket. So now I make sure I'm definitely 20 feet from the corner. I can't help it if then there's no room for another car before the next drive way.

who insults someone via an anonymous note and then runs away so they can't be rebutted? I'm pretty pissed.
    Park there again, but leave a note of what you just said.
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    at least your tires weren't slashed
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677

Would you rather them have left a contact # and a meeting time for some coffee? It sounds like you were in the right and they have nothing better to do than leave a note. If in six months you have only received one note and a couple hundred dollars in tickets, consider yourself lucky. Within the first six months in NYC my gf accumulated almost $2000 in tickets, one tow, and one idiot that hit her while she was sitting in the car.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options

I did. I hardly ever use my car so it's still there. I hope that asshole comes by.
  • Options
    GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    parking in a big city is such a pain. There is a person who lives in my building who drives a Volvo that miserably failed parking 101. I can't tell you how many times that damn Volvo has been lodged on my bumper, or how many times they have taken up two spots, with that intention...

I swear, if a note ever should have been given... argh!
  • Options
    Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    write a card board sign and stick it by your car where you park and say:

"To the weakling that left a note on my car, I take up two spots because I can...now up your nose with a rubber hose"
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    There was a note on my windshield once that said: "Pearl Jam. Eddie and Stoney rocks! Yaaaayyy!" Thought that was pretty cool.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    i do hate double parkers, sorry. I"ve "accidentally" put a few dents in their side with my door.

edit: oh so these arent really parking spots. fuck him then
  • Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    Park far enough back that he/she can park close to the corner (closer to the driveway behind you). That way they get a ticket when they park in front of you.
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,401

^^^

You could mark 20 feet with a piece of chalk just to be bitchy too. ;)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    NY PJ1 wrote:

That is what i was thinking too.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    sennin wrote:
    Park far enough back that he/she can park close to the corner (closer to the driveway behind you). That way they get a ticket when they park in front of you.

good call!

I also like the idea of drawing the 20 feet line :).
  • Options
    the other thing is that unless it's a snow emergency or street cleaning, there's pretty much plenty of parking in my street. I've seen plenty of people not parking efficiently and still been able to find a spot.
  • Options
    AllIAmAllIAm Posts: 1,309
    the other thing is that unless it's a snow emergency or street cleaning, there's pretty much plenty of parking in my street. I've seen plenty of people not parking efficiently and still been able to find a spot.

uhh tell me about it. i think people in somerville are just immune to good driving skills. the town pisses me off so much.. you know how you get 2 parking passes? well ok i lost one but we had 2 cars over that night.. and as soon as the other pulled up they got a ticket... which i paid cause im not gonna make my friends pay for my fault. and yes its my fault and i will totally take the blame.. but there is a couple that lives next door who refuse to get a parking sticker. how much is it? 10 bucks a year.. ya refuse.. so they use a parking pass. everyday. it clearly states that a car using a parking pass for more than a week will be ticketed... but noooo. and dont even get me started on the guys across the street that will wait till we are done shoveling out and then try to park in taht space.. really?? i mean really??

sorry about your note.. boston is just bitter this time of year.. all those uptight tufts boys...
  • Options
    AllIAm wrote:
    uhh tell me about it. i think people in somerville are just immune to good driving skills. the town pisses me off so much.. you know how you get 2 parking passes? well ok i lost one but we had 2 cars over that night.. and as soon as the other pulled up they got a ticket... which i paid cause im not gonna make my friends pay for my fault. and yes its my fault and i will totally take the blame.. but there is a couple that lives next door who refuse to get a parking sticker. how much is it? 10 bucks a year.. ya refuse.. so they use a parking pass. everyday. it clearly states that a car using a parking pass for more than a week will be ticketed... but noooo. and dont even get me started on the guys across the street that will wait till we are done shoveling out and then try to park in taht space.. really?? i mean really??

sorry about your note.. boston is just bitter this time of year.. all those uptight tufts boys...

what? they didn't get a ticket!?! My neighborhood has the parking gastapo...I used a visitor pass for 3 days when I first moved in (cuz I didn't have a utility bill yet to get the resident pass!) and I got a ticket for $50! I think it's because I live near the parking office.
  • Options
    what? they didn't get a ticket!?! My neighborhood has the parking gastapo...I used a visitor pass for 3 days when I first moved in (cuz I didn't have a utility bill yet to get the resident pass!) and I got a ticket for $50! I think it's because I live near the parking office.

thats what im saying... everyday, all day.. they park there. no tickets.. ever. and believe me i watch. i make a mistake for one night and they are all over my ass. not to mention they always take the space right in front of the house. mooooove. we were here first.

sorry they really piss me off.

im sure the person who wrote that note thought they were really being clever. everyone owns the god damn street right?
  • Options
    AllIAm wrote:
    thats what im saying... everyday, all day.. they park there. no tickets.. ever. and believe me i watch. i make a mistake for one night and they are all over my ass. not to mention they always take the space right in front of the house. mooooove. we were here first.

sorry they really piss me off.

im sure the person who wrote that note thought they were really being clever. everyone owns the god damn street right?

I used to live in cambridge, and somerville is way, way, way, way worse when it comes to parking tickets. it's unbelievable. EVERYTHING is a "violation." Once I got a ticket because you're supposed to move your car every 48 hours. Did you know that? no of course not! no one does!
  • Options
    It's a nightmare...it always will be too, because they rake in so much money from all the tickets. They don't want people knowing what exactly will get them a fine, seriously.
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    You had it much better than me...

first year in Minnesota. Parked close to the line, but within it.
    Note on the windshield said "nice fucking parking, you selfish pig"

I was hurt.

Minnesota nice :rolleyes:
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    meme wrote:
    You had it much better than me...

first year in Minnesota. Parked close to the line, but within it.
    Note on the windshield said "nice fucking parking, you selfish pig"

I was hurt.

Minnesota nice :rolleyes:

that was mean!
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    that was mean!

I know!

It's been ten years and I still want to punch them :D
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    I used to live in cambridge, and somerville is way, way, way, way worse when it comes to parking tickets. it's unbelievable. EVERYTHING is a "violation." Once I got a ticket because you're supposed to move your car every 48 hours. Did you know that? no of course not! no one does!

what do they want us to do???? carry our cars to our apartments at night. oh oh and you know the other thing that really pisses me off about this stupid mini van that never gets in trouble.. we had that snow emergency last week and the fuckin thing was still there.. isnt iT ONLY permit parking during snow emergency.

thank you for lettin gme vent. i get a little nutso. and i dont even own a car. so its only the man of the house who has to deal with this stuff.. but im involved damnit.

the sad part about your note is that its someone who lives on your street. you have to share the same air with such a dick.
  • Options
    AllIAm wrote:
    . and i dont even own a car. .

hahahahahahaha omg, from your rage it seems like you might own 5! :)
  • Options
    hahahahahahaha omg, from your rage it seems like you might own 5! :)

yea well they piss me off lol. and my boyfriend has a car so i like to pretend i have say over the street because of that.

im a passionate person.. what can i say
  • Options
    my favorite is the mickey mouse parking ticket for parking too close to another vehicle where he is flipping you off and it says "next time leave a fucking can opener you inconsiderate asshole"
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    I would get the note finger printed and black lighted.....we will catch those fuckers
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:

really, I'd take a smart assed note over some vandalism any day.
    "It's all happening"