Options

ugh, sharpie high!

GreenTeaDiseaseGreenTeaDisease Posts: 3,359
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
I've been waiting around a ton today and doodling with a sharpie...

ugh I feel awful now! I have a headache and kinda sick...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I do that shit recreationally.

wait no... that's crack.

;)
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    wean yourself down to Crayolas.

(hope you get better). :)
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • Options
    monster95monster95 Posts: 127
    uhhhhhh....what????
    I plan to live forever.so far so good !
  • Options
    monster95 wrote:
    uhhhhhh....what????

there are apparently a lot of chemicals in a sharpie!
  • Options
    light a candle and take some advil
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    light a candle and take some advil
    I think youre the most helpful person here.
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • Options
    thanks. :)

• Options

haha he must have experience sniffing sharpie.
  • Options
    uhhhhhh....:p :D

• Options

or just one of those amazing well-rounded people our world needs. mad intuitive skillz.

ywelcome. :D
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • Options
    you said it. :p
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • Options
    or just one of those amazing well-rounded people our world needs. mad intuitive skillz.

ywelcome. :D
    yeah! what he or she said! :p

• Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    :D Not the sharpie high I thought you meant! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    Jeanie wrote:
    :D Not the sharpie high I thought you meant! :D
    ok, now we're intrigued.
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    ok, now we're intrigued.

:D haha! Well here's a bit of an explanation about what a Sharpie is here in my home town.

Sharpies~an Australian youth culture from the late 60’s/early 70’s that may require some explanation to anyone who wasn’t living in south east Australia at that time. Sharpies were mainly – but not exclusively – a Melbourne phenomenon, springing from working class suburban youths who were generally hardcases who still took pride in their appearance and liked to look ‘sharp’ in their own simple and stylised but daggy way. Most of them were guys, though the rarer female sharpies were often of the sort who could go at it in a street fight without holding back and give as good as they got. Sharpies had an unusual preference in fashion, including short-cropped hair (though often long at the nape of the neck – somewhere between a skinhead buzz-cut and a mullet), tailor-made cardigans produced by a select few local Greek tailors, a particular cut of pants and particular types of shoes, preferably with solid pointy toes perfect for kicking kidneys or heads. The thing is, the world of sharpies was often a violent one and you had to be able to fight if the need arose. Primarily, you had to watch out if you weren’t yourself a sharpie, as they prowled the streets and public transport, and lurked at local milk bars and fish & chip shops to the point where if you wanted to go out it was best to take along as many friends as possible, and it wouldn’t hurt to be Bruce Lee, either. And even if you were a sharpie, if you happened to be alone or few and bumped into superior numbers from another gang (the gangs being defined by where they lived), it was best to run for it, because sharpies had a tendency to pounce on weakness and a fight or a chase at least meant some excitement, something to do, even if it meant stupid rivalries between gangs just because they were from a different neighbourhood. Sometimes gangs with some perceived grudge would meet and have huge public rumbles, along the lines of the notorious Brighton beach mods vs rockers riots and mini-riots of the mid-60’s in England. Incidentally Australia had mods of a kind as well, and here it was mods vs sharpies, but the mods had disappeared by the late 60’s and been replaced by hippies and freaks. Later, the world of sharpies began to also encompass people who dressed more closely to UK skinheads, but mostly without the racist and neo-Nazi connotations. These kinds of sharpies were sometimes looked down upon by the old-school variety as mindless idiots with no pride in their appearance.
    It could be said that sharpies were the birthing place of what later became ‘bogans’ and ‘westies’ (the name depending on where you were from in Australia, this was/is a widespread lower-middle class suburban youth culture that evolved after sharpies disappeared [or rather, changed appearance so they could still get into clubs and meet girls], revolving around a love for metal and hard rock, drugs & booze, cars and good times, also with a particular dress sense – basically these were much the same kind of people as sharpies except they looked different), as well as being the pre-school for later true skinheads, career criminals and assorted sociopaths. Many sharpies simply settled down, had families and lived a relatively normal life.

http://www.headheritage.co.uk/unsung/review/1483

And a "Sharpie High" in my world was when the Sharpies would head off down the back of the shelter sheds at school or some other dark corner and sniff glue. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift