Have you ever done this? It's very awkward

GreenTeaDiseaseGreenTeaDisease Posts: 3,359
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I just passed the IT guy and I go "hey how are you?" and he goes "good, how are you?" and I go...

"good thanks, how are you"

like I forgot that I asked first!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• All the time.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • lol, yep.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    ha....how weird....i actually did the yesterday to the furnace repair guy....

"how ya doing?"

"good. how are you?"

"good. how are you?"

"good"

:D
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    I just passed the IT guy and I go "hey how are you?" and he goes "good, how are you?" and I go...

To avoid this faux pas in the future always come up with a creative response for the day.

"How Are You"
    "I feel like a cat that needs to get a hairball out, yet can't. And you?"

Not only will you remember to not ask them again, there's a wonderful chance they will never ask you again if you're ok.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Next time answer 'Juicy' and see what happens. :D
    I love to turn you on
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    lol, i do that a lot.

fuck small talk.
  • "thanks for shopping and come back"

"ok, you too!!!"
    the Minions
  • My favorite is like when I'm buying a ticket to a movie or show or something and the guy behind the ticket booth says, "Enjoy the show!" and I reply, "Yeah, you too!"
  • My favorite is like when I'm buying a ticket to a movie or show or something and the guy behind the ticket booth says, "Enjoy the show!" and I reply, "Yeah, you too!"

haha yeah I have to stop myself from that all the time. at the gym they always say "have a good work out!" and I'm like "you too!"
  • at the cinema

"enjoy your movie"

"you too"
    the Minions
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    mookie9999 wrote:
    To avoid this faux pas in the future always come up with a creative response for the day.

"How Are You"
    "I feel like a cat that needs to get a hairball out, yet can't. And you?"

Not only will you remember to not ask them again, there's a wonderful chance they will never ask you again if you're ok.

I'm gonna try this!!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Yeah, I have done that.

And also the "enjoy your show" "you too!" bit...

The other day, some guys came to repair the floor in our bathroom. I met them during the summer, when they came to do the estimate but I hadn't seen them since. As they walked in, one said "just to remind you, I'm Walt and this is Joe" and I said "oh, it's nice to meet you!....er...I mean, to see you again." lol :) Oops. :o
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Only everyday.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • SnakeSnake Posts: 2,605
    Man I do that to people alot. Dont worry though, it just means you dont care enough :p . All kidding aside, not caring has clearly become an epidemic. I say we all care more :D .
    Pirates had democracy too.

"Its a secret to everybody."
    How about when you're in the dressing room at the mall and one of the sales girls knocks and says if she could assist with anything. Without fail I open the door with my pants around my ankles and say "well since you offered". Talk about awkward! Then trying to explain to the gf why I'm no longer allowed in Macy's, Penney's, or Modern Motherhood (don't ask).
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    mookie9999 wrote:
    How about when you're in the dressing room at the mall and one of the sales girls knocks and says if she could assist with anything. Without fail I open the door with my pants around my ankles and say "well since you offered". Talk about awkward! Then trying to explain to the gf why I'm no longer allowed in Macy's, Penney's, or Modern Motherhood (don't ask).

but you're still good at davids bridal, right? :p
    cutback wrote:
    but you're still good at davids bridal, right? :p

Some. Fortunately they do not have as good of a tracking device as the big boys! :D
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• I just passed the IT guy and I go "hey how are you?" and he goes "good, how are you?" and I go...

God, that made me laugh!

Have you ever done this? Met someone you know unexpectedly while shopping, you walk and chat for a bit, say bye and then both walk into the same shop? I hate that.
  • pizza delivery guy = "thanks for the tip, enjoy the pizza"
    me = "thanks man, you too"

me = walking into my house going, wtf, I did it again.

I have a cal ripken like streak going with this one.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • tylerpjtxtylerpjtx Posts: 201
    apparently sometimes when i say "later" hanging up the phone it sounds like "love you"....thats been weird.
    all these burning battlefields are now behind us, life has brought us here together to remind us, that love will rise above it all and just keep growin, life keeps flowing and every moment starts right here with us
    -mason jennings
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    This cracked me up....done it lots of times.
  • jordn6971jordn6971 Posts: 675
    I do that too....

The other day I went to pickup some food at a pizza place and the girl said "enjoy your meal" and I responded with, "thanks, you too." But she didn't have a meal.

Also when I meet people I don't listen to what they say so I never get anyones name and then I feel awkward later.
    "There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Leaving work to go on vacation:

Co-worker: Have a good vacation!

Me: Thank you. You too!

Co-worker: I'm not going on vacation?
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• sweetpotatosweetpotato Posts: 1,278

tee hee.

you're dumb.

:D

j/k, that happens all the time. not to ME, of course, but to other people. and i laugh at them, too. :p
    "Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States, Barack Obama."

"Obama's main opponent in this election on November 4th (was) not John McCain, it (was) ignorance."~Michael Moore

"i'm feeling kinda righteous right now. with my badass motherfuckin' ukulele!"
    ~ed, 8/7
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    yeah that has happened to me once in awhile in retail jobs
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    tylerpjtx wrote:
    apparently sometimes when i say "later" hanging up the phone it sounds like "love you"....thats been weird.

This reminded me of how when I had a real estate partner out on Long Island who shared the same first name as my gf. Couple of times over the years I would leave her a voice message ended with I Love You. It was never brought up by either one of us.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    that happens all the time..especially with my family.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • I always do it to the airport security people.

Security Guy: "Have a good flight"

Me: "You Too"

I bet they hear that one all the time, yet are never flying anywhere.
  • I always do it to the airport security people.

Security Guy: "Have a good flight"

Me: "You Too"

I bet they hear that one all the time, yet are never flying anywhere.

I don't know why this thread is making me chuckle so much but it is. :D Pearl Jam fans are so friendly.
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    Yep, I have this all the time.

"Enjoy your stay"
    "You too!"
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední