powerpoint

GreenTeaDiseaseGreenTeaDisease Posts: 3,359
edited July 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
oh how I loathe thee.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SourPoint is a horrid beast, for sure.
  • whats going on? i am pretty good with power point. although the new ppt is kinda like starting over
    mean people suck!
    but nice people sw****w

• whats going on? i am pretty good with power point. although the new ppt is kinda like starting over

nothing specifically. it's just a pain in the ass to work with.
  • mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    I hate PowerPoint with every fiber of my being. Just a vile evil program.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • oh how I loathe thee.

i agree 100%...i've had about enough of the death by powerpoint presentations...what a horrid misused program...
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • gozzo5058 wrote:
    i agree 100%...i've had about enough of the death by powerpoint presentations...what a horrid misused program...

the thing is, in my grad school program we went through extensive powerpoint training and basically learned how NOT to use it. But here at work, it's the norm to make crowded confusing slides that repeat everything you say...it kills me to make ppts that I *know* are bad...
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    When utilized appropriately, powerpoint can be a very effective educational tool. The key is to only add a few relevant words and/or ideas per slide..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    powerpoint is easy to work with if you know which buttons to push.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Oh GTD, how I miss thee.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    I HATE Powerpoint! I have to use it for work every once and a while. It makes me want to break things!
    That said, I think I hate Excel more!
    mca47 wrote:
    I HATE Powerpoint! I have to use it for work every once and a while. It makes me want to break things!

how can anyone hate excel...unless they are using the new version with ribbons.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Oh GTD, how I miss thee.

seriously...saw this and got excited...kinda sad :problem:
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

word is the worst...i've used a lot of software over the years and that takes the cake in terms of usability...i'd rather use a pen and paper than ever use word
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    norm wrote:
    Oh GTD, how I miss thee.

word.

8-)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Lizard wrote:
    norm wrote:
    Oh GTD, how I miss thee.

word.

8-)

I thought, "NO FUCKING WAY?!?!"

Then realized I fell for 81's bumping tactics. Bastard. :evil:
  • Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    lol nothing like bumping a 4 year old thread and fucking with people :D
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691

I thought, "NO FUCKING WAY?!?!"

Then realized I fell for 81's bumping tactics. Bastard. :evil:

I KNOW!!! I thought the same. What a blast from the past. :lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Junk and Stuff

It was never enough
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    norm wrote:
    Oh GTD, how I miss thee.

:mrgreen: hehehe
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    81 wrote:
    :lol:
    oookaaaay
    Cause you really, really had to find the appropriate place to make this profound observation:
    81 wrote:
    powerpoint is easy to work with if you know which buttons to push.
    I think more people should actually search topics tho, its fun to dig out old opinions and add to them...

norm wrote:
    81 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

word is the worst...i've used a lot of software over the years and that takes the cake in terms of usability...i'd rather use a pen and paper than ever use word
    a-fucking-men. I refuse to use word, ever, for anything.
    And don't get me started on ribbons. Every tech geek, software upgrade instructor, and lunch n learn presenter I've had for two years has tried to sell me on these things...sure, they're more convenient, if you use EVERY frickin feature in the software, and like looking for them! I use custom toolbars for what I use frequently, all this does is forces me to make new custom toolbars. And they're called ribbons. Way too girly. Turned OFF! Classic view! :D
  • I realize this is an old thread so people may or may not have been exposed to this by now, but what you really want to be using is Prezi! Basically, you map everything onto a zoomable canvas space, connect your different lexia via pathway, and frame everything (kind of cinematically) that you want to draw attention to. It completely does away with our outdated PowerPoint slide mentality, looks MUCH cleaner, and is also highly conducive to creative and/or hypertextual projects as well as more formal presentations. I've used it a few times now and it has major "wow" appeal even at techie conferences...though the TED people do use it frequently. Go to prezi.com to check it out.
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Vivid nightmares of star wipes, multi-textured backgrounds, and clashing fonts haunt me in my sleep.
    97% of powerpoint presentations seem to be plagued with the most aesthetically unpleasing array of slides... statistically proven to void the project out of any respect and or helpful information at all. Sorry, I lost concentration on what that presentation was about - I was blinded by the fuscia and florescent yellow text scrolling and dropping into the screen like a 1990's infomercial! Yes there are countless fonts, sizes, colours, backgrounds, and for the love of god TRANSITIONS... but combining them all is one of my biggest pet peeves! EEK!

However kudos to the remaining 3% or so that use it with integrity... KISS - keep it simple stupid! :)

/end rant.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Lizard wrote:
    norm wrote:
    Oh GTD, how I miss thee.

word.

8-)

I was intrigued at seeing the GTD name again ... another kinda disappointed reader here :( :P

ps ... since when has Kat had an avatar?? :?
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?