Options

should I see juno or sweeny todd tonight?

GreenTeaDiseaseGreenTeaDisease Posts: 3,359
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
Both are playing at the theater next door.

(my friends are making me go to PS I Love You this weekend so I have to counteract it with a good movie)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I don't even know what Juno is about, but Sweeney looks excellent.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    I don't even know what Juno is about, but Sweeney looks excellent.

I'm leaning toward sweeney since I think juno will make a better rental if I don't get around to seeing it in the theater.
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    i heard sweeny sucks and juno is pretty good.
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    SENROCK! wrote:

exact opposite here.

i'm just not into the musical thing but i think from all the good things i am hearing i will go see it.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    I saw both of these films last week and loved them both for different reasons.

Sweeny Todd should not be missed on the big screen though. Don't let the fact it is a muscial turn you off, in any way. After a few minutes, I kind of forgot it was a musical and enjoyed it. If you like Tim Burton, you won't be sorry you saw it on the big screen.

In my opinion, if you want something that is smart, sweet and funny, see Juno. If you want to be dazzled by fantastic film making, see Sweeny Todd.
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    i saw both films last week too and i would have to go with Sweeny Todd. I loved this movie and i hate musicals. Juno is a good movie... though i felt it is a little over hyped. It's not the great movie everyone is making out to be. But it does have its moments. The mom is fantastic in Juno.
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    I saw Sweeney Todd last week and it was a great movie. I haven't seen Juno so my answer is going to be a bit bias. Go see Sweeney Todd.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    mammasan wrote:
    I saw Sweeney Todd last week and it was a great movie. I haven't seen Juno so my answer is going to be a bit bias. Go see Sweeney Todd.
    what they said. saw sweeney finally last nite and i loved it
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    I would vote for Sweeney Todd, I thought it was incredible. It's pretty bloody though. Well, a lot bloody.

Juno was cute, a little precious for my taste.
  • Options
    i saw juno and loved it. want to see sweeney.
  • Options
    see them BOTH~

Juno is a funny sweet movie...I love the soundtrack too! (by the way the SHIRT IS NOT STUPID!!!!!!~ when you have seen it you will understand)

Sweeney Todd has my Helena in it, and is gorgeously filmed...sigh...swooooon...very gory!!

so they are like apples and bananas!
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Options
    GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    we walked out of Sweeny Todd because we thought it was so horrible, and got our money back for tickets to see Juno.. LOVED Juno..

so you can see where my vote lies...
  • Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    SENROCK! wrote:
    I was just going to post the same thing!
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    mindi wrote:
    I was just going to post the same thing!

its true!!

(okay please no one hurt me! seems everyone loves ST here) ;)
  • Options
    Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    neither....go see There Will Be Blood. Daniel Day Lewis is the absolute nuts
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    I enjoyed Sweeney Todd. I'd suggest that one. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    "Have a little priest" "is it really good?" "Sir its too good at least" "Of course they don't commit sins of the flesh, so its pretty fresh. Trouble is, we only get it on Sundays"

You know my vote. Its FINALLY going to be here on the 18th.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    sigh eternallysigh eternally Chicago Posts: 421
    just got back from seeing sweeny todd. it almost put me to sleep.

see something else.
  • Options
    yeah I saw sweeney todd. It was very well done, but I thought it was a little "disney." you know what I mean? And I get bored during the songs. musicals seem to take forever to establish anything in the plot...but as I said it was typical tim burton, good acting and beautiful cinematography.

I think I'm gonna see juno tomorrow.
  • Options
    I want to go to sweeney todd so much but it isn't playing in the theatres here yet.
  • Options
    ardyardy Posts: 53
    i've seen both.

sweeney todd - umm, johnny depp? hello?
    *sigh* i'd pay to see him read the newspaper for 2 hours...
    the movie is good, obviously "burtoned"...helena bonham carter, superb.

juno - freaking awesome movie. highly recommend it. soundtrack is fantastic. if you liked garden state, napolean dynamite and super bad, you'll like juno.
    "Can I ask you a question?" (.....you just did.....)
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    ardy wrote:
    i've seen both.

the movie is good, obviously "burtoned"...helena bonham carter, superb.

juno - freaking awesome movie. highly recommend it. soundtrack is fantastic. if you liked garden state, napolean dynamite and super bad, you'll like juno.

well, i liked garden state, hated napolean dynamite so much i didn't even watch it all, thought super bad was ok, and didn't like the kid from super bad that is in juno.

hope it's good.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    ardyardy Posts: 53
    brainofPJ wrote:
    well, i liked garden state, hated napolean dynamite so much i didn't even watch it all, thought super bad was ok, and didn't like the kid from super bad that is in juno.

hope it's good.

i don't know. give it a try.
    "Can I ask you a question?" (.....you just did.....)
  • Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    From the previews Juno looks too much like a chick flick for me (and someone here mentioned it was precious to that does not appeal to me). I can't wait to see Sweeney... :D
  • Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    ardy wrote:
    i've seen both.

heehee I agree. One of my ex's said he would pay to watch Johnny sit and watch paint dry. ;) Should've kept that one. :p