GreenTeaDiseaseGreenTeaDisease Posts: 3,359
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
out of a dead camel's stomach...

who loves man vs. wild?

me me me!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Is that the staged one, or is that Survivorman or some such thing?
  • BenzorBenzor Posts: 886
    bear is the fucking man
  • I have only just heard of this guy.. seems interesting. He is yummy I'll say that much.
  • Rygar wrote:

it's not survivorman, it's the other one, but I wouldn't call it "staged." but it's WAY more interesting than survivorman, in any event.
  • I have only just heard of this guy.. seems interesting. He is yummy I'll say that much.

oh god yes. I'd spend a night in the woods with him anytime.
  • oh god yes. I'd spend a night in the woods with him anytime.

Watch him pitch a tent? ;):p
  • hell yeah! he's great. always doin crazy shit. i'm an outdoorsman so i watch that shit all the time. he seems like he'd get alot of poison ivy or ticks doing some of the shit he does.
    all these burning battlefields are now behind us, life has brought us here together to remind us, that love will rise above it all and just keep growin, life keeps flowing and every moment starts right here with us
    -mason jennings
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Rygar wrote:
    It was a little staged, but they've been under the pressure this season to make it as real as possible. Never the less, its much more entertaining than Survivor man because of the crazy shit Bear does.
  • Yea I think Bear would own Survivorman (Les? Wes?) in a survival match to the death!

They're both pretty good at it, and Survivorman is all alone, or so we're lead to believe at least, but the stuff Bear does, and not just the eating random crap stuff, but the physical climbing and the like is crazy.

Plus Man v Wild is so much more entertaining and dynamic than Survivorman.
    Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."
  • Bear is much more interesting than Survivorman but Les' advice would probably be more useful.

If the average person is stranded, they would not be able to do half the stuff Bear does. Les shows useful techniques that are the basis of any survival situation.
    "Don't lose your inner heat...ever" - EV 5/13/06
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Bear is much more interesting than Survivorman but Les' advice would probably be more useful.

If the average person is stranded, they would not be able to do half the stuff Bear does. Les shows useful techniques that are the basis of any survival situation.
    Hey! I get my water from elephant feces all the time when I'm thirsty and there's no water around! :D
  • angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    out of a dead camel's stomach...

who loves man vs. wild?

me me me!
    i wonder if you could do the same thing with scott stapp instead of a camel. . .
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    It was a little staged, but they've been under the pressure this season to make it as real as possible. Never the less, its much more entertaining than Survivor man because of the crazy shit Bear does.
    I didn't remember which show it was, I just remembered all the hired helps' allegations.
  • Bear is super hot. But yes, parts are staged. I thought it was funny that after the you-tube stuff came out now every episode has all the disclaimers before every shot LOL.

One thing that took Bear down a "hot notch" for me is that once he said his favorite food is mayo. I despise mayo. Made me look at him in a whole new light.

But my hubby gets jealous when we watch Man Vs. Wild. Any time Bear strips I catch my husband looking at me which I find hilarious.

Here's one of the clips I think that came out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UpSlpvb1is
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I saw Hard To Imagine LIVE at MSG!
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    Rygar wrote:
    I love this show, but I thought I did read an article last summer saying that this show was staged. That Bear was staying in hotels when he was suppose to be camping and the released tamed horses that were suppose to be "wild" horses. Maybe I'm wrong- I hope I am.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1