How would you of ended Seinfeld?

rmc1981rmc1981 Posts: 114
edited November 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I saw the finale the other day on TV again, and it gets worse everytime I see it. So I was thinking how I would of ended the show. I would just change the ending maybe have them all be found not guilty. Then fast foreward to George, and Jerry with his arm around Elaine (cause I would of put them back together) sitting in a Los Angeles apartment simular to the one he had in New York, writing the Jerry show George could be freaking out about it then Kramer walks in the door, and starts going to through Jerry's fridge taking his food. Jerry could be like Kramer what are you doing here. Kramer could say he moved in across the hall from Jerry. I know its kind of simular to the episode where Kramer was mistaken for a serial killer, but thats all I could think of. SO how would you guys of ended Seinfeld?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Now I like how it ended. When I first saw it thought it was anticlimatic but after all the time that past I think it was a fitting ending.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    rmc1981 wrote:
    I saw the finale the other day on TV again, and it gets worse everytime I see it. So I was thinking how I would of ended the show. I would just change the ending maybe have them all be found not guilty. Then fast foreward to George, and Jerry with his arm around Elaine (cause I would of put them back together) sitting in a Los Angeles apartment simular to the one he had in New York, writing the Jerry show George could be freaking out about it then Kramer walks in the door, and starts going to through Jerry's fridge taking his food. Jerry could be like Kramer what are you doing here. Kramer could say he moved in across the hall from Jerry. I know its kind of simular to the episode where Kramer was mistaken for a serial killer, but thats all I could think of. SO how would you guys of ended Seinfeld?

Your ending results in some sort of accomplishment. A show about nothing must remain that way. I didn't enjoy the finale as much the first time mostly because of the hype. But in retrospect, I enjoy it and to have the last line ever spoken be the same as the first in the show and how inconsequential it was, was perfection for me. If I could have made any changes it would have been to force Larry David to write the last two seasons story lines instead of Seinfeld. LD is the king!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • I would have ended it in the coffee shop.
  • nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    libragirl wrote:
    Now I like how it ended. When I first saw i thought it was anticlimatic but after all the time that past I think it was a fitting ending.
    agreed.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I liked the ending.
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    It was just as perfect (to me) as the ending of the Newhart show.
    At the risk of being the yes-man, I agree with mookie. It was about nothing. The finale was about nothing.
    I thought it was hysterical.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Seinfield ended??

:o
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    libragirl wrote:
    Now I like how it ended. When I first saw it thought it was anticlimatic but after all the time that past I think it was a fitting ending.

same here.....:)
  • timrothtimroth Posts: 215
    I think the bigger question is how would have you ended the Sopranos?
  • Iv never seen an ep of Sienfield. I would have watched it if Kramer and Dog were on there ranting with a speacil guest Mel Gibson.
    I'll be back
  • rmc1981 wrote:

I love the ending everytime I watch it. So I would change nothing.
  • Erm, I'd like to know how it did end. I love Seinfeld.

Maybe in a couple of years, I'll find out. :o
  • I would have ended it in the coffee shop.
    that's what i was thinking.

or bloodshed and fire. LOTS of blood and fire. blood and fire and pez.
  • rmc1981 wrote:

Do you realize the word is "have?" Not "of." I'm sorry... I know it has nothing to do with the topic, it's just that you wrote it that way 3 times and it's really bugging me. I don't know why these things irritate me so much, but they do.
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • TrixieCat wrote:
    It was just as perfect (to me) as the ending of the Newhart show.
    At the risk of being the yes-man, I agree with mookie. It was about nothing. The finale was about nothing.
    I thought it was hysterical.

:D Great end to Bob Newhart!

When I read the title of the thread, the first thing I thought was to end it with one of them waking up in bed with Bob Newhart and Suzanne P, and it was all a dream, or something to that effect.
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

That was hilarious. :)
  • senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    George tells Jerry a joke. Jerry laughs so hard he has a heart attack and dies.

The End.
  • Do you realize the word is "have?" Not "of." I'm sorry... I know it has nothing to do with the topic, it's just that you wrote it that way 3 times and it's really bugging me. I don't know why these things irritate me so much, but they do.
    LOL! I concur.
    "When you're climbing to the top, you'd better know the way back down" MSB
  • I never really got into Seinfeld. Except for Kramer, he was hilarious.
    :D Great end to Bob Newhart!

When I read the title of the thread, the first thing I thought was to end it with one of them waking up in bed with Bob Newhart and Suzanne P, and it was all a dream, or something to that effect.
    Oh hell! That would have been brilliant!
    You should write for sitcoms.
    I am laughing my butt off right now. And I need to as I am an emotional garbage can right now. lol
    :)
  • AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    I hated the ending

I would have had Jerry and Elaine get back together
    and fast forward to show them all in their old age or something like that
    like they're all retired in Florida or something
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    I never really got into Seinfeld. Except for Kramer, he was hilarious.
    After his racist outburst I can't even watch that a-hole on tv anymore...
    TrixieCat wrote:
    After his racist outburst I can't even watch that a-hole on tv anymore...

He's even worse at the Klan rallies.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

For those who missed Seinfeld on Jon Stewart last week he mentioned that he has an idea for a scene (not an episode, but a scene) that would be a continuation after they get out of prison. He wouldn't go into details because it may never happen, but here's to hoping it does!
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• mookie9999 wrote:
    He's even worse at the Klan rallies.
    and you know this how? Did you observe it?

His outburst was provoked. He appologized. Move on. Racism is perpetuated by both sides and goes both ways.
    and you know this how? Did you observe it?

His outburst was provoked. He appologized. Move on. Racism is perpetuated by both sides and goes both ways.

It's called a joke. I agree he was provoked, but when does provocation go from where it should have been (telling the guy to go f himself) to using slurs?
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• mookie9999 wrote:
    It's called a joke. I agree he was provoked, but when does provocation go from where it should have been (telling the guy to go f himself) to using slurs?
    ahhh sorry..didn't catch the sardonic tone behind it.

But you are right. He pushed it and crossed a line that didn't need to be. Regardless though, everyone does it. Black or white. So to single him out is looking for scapegoat.
  • "Thank you for letting us waste countless hours of your life."
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    rmc1981 wrote:
    At first I thought the same as you - I thought the finale was awful. But after thinking about it, it pretty much summed up ALL of the characters in 1 episode. NONE of the characters were likable - all were jerks. The finale, I think, was the way the show needed to be ended.