Options

Tell me what I'm missing

AllIAmAllIAm Posts: 1,309
edited February 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
Its Friday. Its the afternoon. Its been snowing pretty steady since 9 this morning. My boss is on vacation this week. I only work with a few guys so we could easily just call it a day. I kid you not i have heard the following comments "what do you want to go home for, its only snow" and "its not too bad, we don't have to leave"...

what is wrong with these people? are their lives so boring that they actually would rather work than go home??? one guy even said he's going to stay LATER tonight so the roads will be better. the boss just called one of the guys and i heard him say "no the roads aren't bad, we will be fine"

I'm just so lost right now...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    losers. that's really annoying.
    luckily i work with a bunch of slackers who will take the first excuse they can to get out of the office. :D
  • Options
    yeesh.
    i think some people just think along the lines of...you already ARE at work, so what's the point? just do whatever you need.

however, my firm has given all permission to leave whenever they want, charge it to 'lost time'....b/c they worry for our safety. hahaha. while i don't know about that, i did think...how cool that they DO realize many people commute. that said, i am staying put....but only b/c we have a NYC meet-up planned for this evening and i cannot miss. otherwise, hell yes...you know i'd leave 2 or 3 hours early! hubby is off today too...watch movies...whatever.......! ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Perhaps these losers are on the net trying desperately to buy tickets to every single Eddie Vedder show..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    well i am the only one who has to commute.

but still.. if i left now they would make fun of me on monday in front of the boss and make it seem like i left and it wasnt even that bad out.

they would do that. i work with the biggest bunch of losers ever.

and for all you jewish folk.. yentas as well
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    Perhaps these losers are on the net trying desperately to buy tickets to every single Eddie Vedder show..

did i mention how glad i am you are back?!?!!? i found a post you made a couple of months ago and ii died laughing.

you write how i feel
  • Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    AllIAm wrote:
    well i am the only one who has to commute.

but still.. if i left now they would make fun of me on monday in front of the boss and make it seem like i left and it wasnt even that bad out.

they would do that. i work with the biggest bunch of losers ever.

and for all you jewish folk.. yentas as well
    Oy! Yentas are the worst.
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    Allie wrote:
    Oy! Yentas are the worst.

they sit in front of the window and give me commentary on every asshole outside. i feel sorry for these people..
  • Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    AllIAm wrote:
    they sit in front of the window and give me commentary on every asshole outside. i feel sorry for these people..

Oy! Oh no. What kind of work do you do?
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    AllIAm wrote:
    Its Friday. Its the afternoon. Its been snowing pretty steady since 9 this morning. My boss is on vacation this week. I only work with a few guys so we could easily just call it a day. I kid you not i have heard the following comments "what do you want to go home for, its only snow" and "its not too bad, we don't have to leave"...

what is wrong with these people? are their lives so boring that they actually would rather work than go home??? one guy even said he's going to stay LATER tonight so the roads will be better. the boss just called one of the guys and i heard him say "no the roads aren't bad, we will be fine"

Half the people in my company just took off today. I would have too if I wasn't taking next Friday off.

That stinks about your co-workers. I can't believe they wouldn't take the chance to go home early.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    AllIAm wrote:
    did i mention how glad i am you are back?!?!!? i found a post you made a couple of months ago and ii died laughing.

you write how i feel

Unfortunately, the real gems get deleted ;)..Thank you for the welcome back and i'll be looking forward to your Top Chef thread..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    nfanel wrote:
    losers. that's really annoying.
    luckily i work with a bunch of slackers who will take the first excuse they can to get out of the office. :D
    Me too :)

But seriously, that's shite. They're not just losers... they're weirdos. You should tell your boss you caught them trying to steal money and get them sacked :) problem solved.

edit: welcome back champ :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Its all realative to YOUR perception of your job... these people you work with might really enjoy their work? :) I dunno, you didnt say what you did for you job.
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    AllIAm wrote:

Maybe they have a good work ethic. I'm sick and tired of people who are constantly whining about being off work. If you hate your job that much, get another one.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    know1 wrote:
    Maybe they have a good work ethic. I'm sick and tired of people who are constantly whining about being off work. If you hate your job that much, get another one.

oh thats weird.. i was just thinking to myself how sick and tired i am of people assuming things and putting words in my mouth when all i was doing was making a silly thread about how i wanted to knock off work a little early because of the snow..
  • Options
    AllIAm wrote:
    oh thats weird.. i was just thinking to myself how sick and tired i am of people assuming things and putting words in my mouth when all i was doing was making a silly thread about how i wanted to knock off work a little early because of the snow..
    You're forgetting about the work brigade here... you can't say anything bad about your job, in fact your boss owns you and you should be grateful to even HAVE a job... so quit moaning and go ask your boss if he/she wants a foot rub :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    You're forgetting about the work brigade here... you can't say anything bad about your job, in fact your boss owns you and you should be grateful to even HAVE a job... so quit moaning and go ask your boss if he/she wants a foot rub :p

oh right.. and don't dress down.. that would make the the devil. especially on friday...
  • Options
    AllIAm wrote:
    oh right.. and don't dress down.. that would make the the devil. especially on friday...
    Now you're learning :)

Time to go home, invest in several really expensive suits, ditch the boyfriend cos, let's face it, you're committed only to your job... and you're getting there :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life