People are sniffing poo fumes to get high?

anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
edited February 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Can this be real? Snopes says "no", but large news outlets are reporting this new fad.

Man, I've done some wacky stuff in my life. Smoked and snorted various sundry items, but never EVER would I want to be known as the girl that sniffed poo to get high. I would think that would be the definition of "rock bottom".

I'm posting a link to the FOX news page, but I'm reading about it on other sites as well.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,308841,00.html
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    While you get dizzy from a good snort of poo, it's more of a nausea than a high...
    Funny thread. Stupid vet gave me nosorbs (stupid plastic beads) for my cat to pee in his litter box (they need a pee sample...they aren't getting it after today) and had me lock him in a room.
    All he did was shit on the carpet, and lo and behold, the smell makes you high. Sorry, nauseous..
  • AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,560
    Sounds like garbage.

Probably the only way to get high from it is asphyxiation or oxygen displacement. Methane, the gas that makes shit smell like shit, displaces oxygen molecules in the air which will cause a person to asphyxiate. Choking or suffocating your self has the same effect, but is probably more effective.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I think someone already discussed this in a thread. It's really gross, what the hell is wrong with people?
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,799
    libragirl wrote:
    I think someone already discussed this in a thread. It's really gross, what the hell is wrong with people?

you cant get the kind buds in the desert
    even poor folks like to catch a buzz now and then, so this is what they came up with
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Get_Right wrote:
    you cant get the kind buds in the desert
    even poor folks like to catch a buzz now and then, so this is what they came up with

I don't care that's still gross....I got an idea how about finding a hobby or getting a job so you can buy the good stuff? :D
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
    libragirl wrote:
    I don't care that's still gross....I got an idea how about finding a hobby or getting a job so you can buy the good stuff? :D

im pretty sure this started in a part of the world where there are very few options
  • Get_Right wrote:
    im pretty sure this started in a part of the world where there are very few options

Africa, I think.

But still. It's nasty.
    Africa, I think.

But still. It's nasty.

true dat
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    :fp:
  • I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Posts: 3,508
    So I could charge people to change diapers at my house? :fp:
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    I am blitzed right now. Best shit I ever sniffed
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    I am blitzed right now. Best shit I ever sniffed
    :lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Seems like a shitty way to get high
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Seems like a shitty way to get high
    I'm so glad the old you has returned! :fp:
  • Ahnimus wrote:
    Sounds like garbage.

Probably the only way to get high from it is asphyxiation or oxygen displacement. Methane, the gas that makes shit smell like shit, displaces oxygen molecules in the air which will cause a person to asphyxiate. Choking or suffocating your self has the same effect, but is probably more effective.

They are huffing the fumes from fermenting feces and urine. I would expect that in addition to the methane, there would be a pretty high concentration of ammonia. Inhalation of ammonia can cause permanent lung damage and possibly kill you. So the effect they are reporting probably does have a lot to do with hypoxia - lack of oxygen in the blood and brain. I don't recommend it. :)

Not mention the fact, that as a woman who has spent considerable time in outhouse on camping trips -- there is the whole nausea factor. :lol:
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    What ever happened to toad licking?

250px-Bufo_alvarius1.jpg

Colorado River toad, Bufo alvarius

eeww. :lol:
  • STAYSEA wrote:

250px-Bufo_alvarius1.jpg

Aww I like him. We had one trying to hop in a tent on a camping trip in Montana. :) But I'm not licking him.
    STAYSEA wrote:

250px-Bufo_alvarius1.jpg

Aww I like him. We had one trying to hop in a tent on a camping trip in Montana. :) But I'm not licking him.

The Toad isn't gross, it's the thought of licking him. I sold a bufo toad to a Hippie guy, and I'm sure he took it home to lick it. :lol: . Poor toady
  • STAYSEA wrote:
    STAYSEA wrote:

250px-Bufo_alvarius1.jpg

The Toad isn't gross, it's the thought of licking him. I sold a bufo toad to a Hippie guy, and I'm sure he took it home to lick it. :lol: . Poor toady
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    Sniffing Shit sounds pretty desperate to me.
    But then mushrooms that grow out of Cow Pies aren't bad. :lol:
    donnaruhl wrote:

And who was the first person that decided to eat a cactus for fun?

This world is strange.
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    STAYSEA wrote:
    donnaruhl wrote:

And who was the first person that decided to eat a cactus for fun?

This world is strange.
    Maybe someone stuck in the Desert.