Bummer...Evel Knievel has died

anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I just heard on the radio that he died. I can't access his website to confirm it though.

You know, it occurs to me that without him, there would be no extreme sports as we know today.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I can't believe it, he just settled a lawsuit with Kanye

Edit : It's true http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/obit_knievel
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • I just finally could access his website, they confirm it.

http://www.evelknievel.com/

whoops-ie! looks like we were both scouring the interwebs at the same time. ;)
  • I just finally could access his website, they confirm it.

http://www.evelknievel.com/

whoops-ie! looks like we were both scouring the interwebs at the same time. ;)

Yup, he was a bad ass

That dude had balls
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    ah that is a bummer.....many early childhood memories include him.....i think i even had an evel knievel toy motorcycle....rip...:(
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    At least his son is still around doing all sort of crazy shit..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    That stinks!

It seems like yesterday when he tried to jump 14 garbage cans in Arnold's parking lot. Remember he ended up crashing into that chicken stand and breaking his leg?
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Oh no!! :(

That's really sad. He was an amazing bloke.
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    What terrible news. I idolised him as a kid, I had that little wind up toy...awesome!! I was only recently thinking of getting a t shirt that looks just like the suit he used to wear. Sad news indeed.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • woah Evil Knievel! that totally sucks! My brother had that motorcycle toy...I remember taping m80's to the back of it...toys didnt last very long around us...

this totally sucks.

I am thinking that they should do something extreme with his remains!
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    oh no. :( when we were younger my brother and i would take our evil kneivel and barbie dolls on cross country adventures in our back yard. good times good times.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677

I am thinking that they should do something extreme with his remains!

I think they should cremate him, add some lighter fluid to most of his remains to create a ring of fire for his son to jump through. Prior to jumping through the remains his son will snort the other remaining ashes to give him not only strength, but also to have the only time in history someone has jumped themselves on a motorcycle.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    A legend in deed! RIP EK
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    My brother had this awesome evel kneival 'doll' on a motorcycle that you put into this little unit, wound it up, let him go and he would go flying down the driveway.
    We saw him when I was little. Awesome stuff.
    RIP
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Rip Evil Knievel.
    I always thought of him as the ultimate human action figure!
    I remember when he first jumped the fountain at Caesar's Palace in the late '60's and all those other crazy jumps. What an extreme change of careers to go from being an insurance salesman to jumping over busses on a motorcycle!

I remember seeing an interview with him where the guy asked him, "so how does it feel to crash land?"

He said, "What the hell do you think it feels like? Christ almighty. It hurts!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

R.I.P Evil K.

A favorite childhood memory is of running terrified to the safety of home as a total eclipse of the sun rolled in one afternoon and it got dark quick.

I was wearing my Evil K stunt suit and the man himself was to appear on TV that afternoon doing another insane jump. From memory this was about 1973 or 1974 I think.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,204
    i just told someone here at work the news and he said who is that :confused:,:eek: ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    The no.1 70's icon. I still remember my Evil Kenievel doll with 'wind-up' bike.

http://www.evelknievel.com/index2.html
  • I think I wanted to be him, when I was about three, riding around and around the back yard on a tricycle, with a pisspot on my head for a crash helmet.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    I think I wanted to be him, when I was about thirty-three, riding around and around the back yard on a tricycle, with a pisspot on my head for a crash helmet.

i corrected your post....you don't have to lie, you're among friends....;) :D
  • cutback wrote:
    i corrected your post....you don't have to lie, you're among friends....;) :D

:D
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    No more Aches and Pains....RIP

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Damn.. and from illness too.. :(
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    I just heard on the radio that he died. I can't access his website to confirm it though.

You know, it occurs to me that without him, there would be no extreme sports as we know today.

i was at a bar tonite & saw him on the big screen & didnt know what was up. Then someone said he died. :( sadd day. and ure right, ZERO exxxtreme sports without him.....
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Evil should have been dead at least a handful of times over the years due to the crazy shit he did.

At 69, he was on borrowed time. Much respect for this guy.
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Flight Attendant: "Get On The Plane, Get On The Plane"
    GC: I say FUCK YOU I'm Getting IN The Plane, Let Evel Knievel Get ON The Plane!"

RIP EK
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    :D