Options

24 the tv series how does season 6 compare

hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Hey all,

I never watched until this past season (6) I was so fucking addicted to this show!

My question is how does season six stack up compared to the others? Bterr worse etc?

help me out I need to decide if I want to buy them or not
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    OMG. 6 sucked SOOOOO bad. If you liked that, you will drool over the rest. Of course, 6 was better than most of what's on tv, but compared to older seasons, it's not ever close. Not even.

Season 1 is a great introduction. It lays the groundwork for Jack for the rest of the series. You get his wife. His daughter (who's not in 6, but gets annoying after season 1 anyways). Great season by any standards, but not the best. Season 2 and 3 are widely considered the greatest. I personally love 2 the best. 5 is also very awesome. The president and his wife are amazing characters, and the first 2 episodes are probably the best/most shocking of the whole series. Really crazy stuff. But you need to see the first few season to get the impact. I've never seen season 4, yet I own it. :D I will watch it soon.

I just got into this show last year (before season 6) and rented/bought them all (except 4). 2/3 are my faves, but 5 is VERY close. 1 is great, but more nostalgia/story set up appreciation for me. 6 was crap in comparison. It just didn't go anywhere and the character sucked. Definitely start from the beginning, you'll appreciate the character development more. You'll learn to love Tony (who wasn't in 6), AND he's coming back for season 7!!!!! Woohoo. :D
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    if six is the worst I am amazed. I couldn;t stop watching with all the suspense of Fayed and the Nuke.

thanks
  • Options
    I agree with ANT. Season 6 sucked. I could see why you liked it though, since it was the first season you watched. part of the problem was that Season 6 was a "Greatest Hits" of sorts. A lot of recycled story lines. Now, when you watch Seasons 1-5, you'll think they're all ripping off Season 6
  • Options
    Season Six was the worst season of 24. But I could see how you still would have loved it and gotten addicted, especially if it was the first season you've watched. As mentioned above, it still is better than most things on TV. It just wasn't nearly as good as the previous seasons.

If you're looking to buy seasons 1-5, which I would definitely recommend, wait until they are onsale at like a Bestbuy. Two weeks ago they were all $19.95, but now that Season 6 was released, they jacked the prices back up to around $50.
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,839
    I've watched from Day one in 2001. Season six sucked. Newcomers would prolly like it though, as they aren't yet familiar with the plotlines of seasons past, but this is the most recycled and tired season yet- a kind of rehash of all of the things that have been done before. That being said, season five was one of the better ones, and if you're looking for the best season, try one. That's when everything was fresh, and the show was at its best, and most urgent.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    I thought the first 4 episodes of Season 6 were as good as anything they have ever done. After that, it went downhill. By Season 6, they were writing a very formulaic script. If you didn't see the first 5 seasons then you wouldn't notice the rehashing of themes. (Edit: after reading some other responses, it looks like I'm doing some rehashing of my own)
    I am really excited about the new season. From the looks of the trailer, they are freshening up the plot lines and FINALLY moving the setting out of L.A. The only question now is when we will actually be able to watch it. Hopefully this writers strike gets worked out soon. If it goes on too long, they could push the whole new season back to next fall. I don't think it will come to that, but either way, it's going to be a while before we get new episodes.
    Brian
  • Options
    NCBRI wrote:
    I thought the first 4 episodes of Season 6 were as good as anything they have ever done.

Agreed, they were good.

The last 15 minutes of the last episode was fantastic as well. Jack vs Heller.
  • Options
    ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,025
    I got into this show in season 1 then quit until season 5. Personally, after having watching them all my rank would be:
    Season 1
    Season 5
    Season 3
    Season 4
    Season 6
    Season 2

IMO The hard thing this show has had to deal with is the general public's shift toward the "War on Terror". In it's early season's the show could be over the top 'Team America', and all that, now it has to deal with a viewing public which is increasingly against that type of thinking so the show has to get more complex - which takes time.
  • Options
    ryan198 wrote:
    I got into this show in season 1 then quit until season 5. Personally, after having watching them all my rank would be:
    Season 1
    Season 5
    Season 3
    Season 4
    Season 6
    Season 2

IMO The hard thing this show has had to deal with is the general public's shift toward the "War on Terror". In it's early season's the show could be over the top 'Team America', and all that, now it has to deal with a viewing public which is increasingly against that type of thinking so the show has to get more complex - which takes time.

C'mon, you didn't like Kim getting chased thru the woods by a cougar?
  • Options
    ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,025
    Haha...my answer to that would be no. Season 2 was so f-ing bad on so many levels (except George Mason)....I almost stopped my reindoctrination into the show when I watched that season.