Post a Picture of Yourself So We Know Who the Hell We're Dealing With!

Comments

• Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Here's a fantastically flattering pic of me :D in a cage in south africa waiting for the sharks... note how safe the cage appears :eek:

http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v185/18/125/648930914/n648930914_914827_4383.jpg
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Here's a fantastically flattering pic of me :D in a cage in south africa waiting for the sharks... note how safe the cage appears :eek:

http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v185/18/125/648930914/n648930914_914827

I get "not found"
    oops :o try it again!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955

http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v185/18/125/648930914/n648930914_914827_4383.jpg
    ahhahahahahaha
    dooodo...doooodo.........dooodoodooodoodooodooodoo
    (that was my best attempt at the jaws theme using only letters :()
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    ahhahahahahaha
    dooodo...doooodo.........dooodoodooodoodooodooodoo
    (that was my best attempt at the jaws theme using only letters :()
    :D great attempt... I don't really look it there but I was terrified at the time :eek: just look at the fucking cage :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • comebackwomancomebackwoman Posts: 7,271
    :D great attempt... I don't really look it there but I was terrified at the time :eek: just look at the fucking cage :eek:
    omg you are a brave woman! :eek: I would be freaking out!
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
    omg you are a brave woman! :eek: I would be freaking out!
    I was... that's my hysterical 'oh my holy fucking mother of god, what the fuck have I gone and got myself into now' face :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    I was... that's my hysterical 'oh my holy fucking mother of god, what the fuck have I gone and got myself into now' face :D

oh stop it

it was great
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    oh stop it

it was great
    You KNOW I think it was great... best thing I ever done! But look at the cage :D part of it's even UNDER water :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578

:eek: WOW Helen!

You ARE brave! :eek:
    You KNOW I think it was great... best thing I ever done! But look at the cage :D part of it's even UNDER water :D

my cage was completely underwater

i know what the south african cages look like

they are smaller and different

its hard to compare both places, because even though we were viewing the same sharks,the setup's are way different

i dont understand the reasoning behind those cages , the danger level increases at the surface and those cages are made for the surface (very weird)
    i guess the clarity of the water has alot to do with it
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    i guess the clarity of the water has alot to do with it

Or value of human life? :confused:
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Or value of human life? :confused:

oh cmon u girly canuck :D:

no danger,,except for the youtube where the whitey got inside by accident :eek:
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    NY PJ1 wrote:

Ha yeah. Great Whites kill like, one person a year. I wonder how many Great Whites are killed by people. Give them a fucking cage.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
    NY PJ1 wrote:

Never really appealed to me so I haven't tried it ......Not really a fear issue as I have sky dived before and done some pretty insane air mountain biking here on the shore.

My point is more about doing adventure sports in countries that maybe don't have the same standards as were us to! ...like this story

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/travel/2004295951_webhonduraszipline20.html

TEGUCIGALPA, Honduras — A U.S. woman fell 65 feet to her death during a zip-line ride through the jungle on the Caribbean island of Roatan, police said Thursday.

Barbara Sue Fojtasek, 44, was riding along a steel cable suspended between trees in the jungle when a harness holding her apparently broke on Tuesday, Honduran police said in a news release.

Fojtasek was taken to a private clinic on the island, then transferred to a hospital in the mainland city of San Pedro Sula, where she died on Wednesday.

Fojtasek had arrived in Roatan a week ago from Texas, said police, who did not identify her hometown or state. Authorities said they are investigating the cause of the fall.

Zip lines have become popular in Central America, especially in Costa Rica where they're strung high in the trees and give a thrilling ride. They've also been installed in places such as Whistler, B.C., and Southeast Alaska where many cruise passengers ride them during shore excursions
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Ha yeah. Great Whites kill like, one person a year. I wonder how many Great Whites are killed by people. Give them a fucking cage.

If that were possible, zoo keepers everywhere would've jumped at the chance in the 1940s :D
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,710
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    oh stop it

it was great

Hell hath officially frozen over...you 2 with a civil discussion about a common interest.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier wrote:
    Hell hath officially frozen over...you 2 with a civil discussion about a common interest.

And it didn't even involve frequency of showering or cougars! ;)
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    *thread integrity is at breaking point*
    here's a picture of me, after seeing Robert Plant and Alison Krauss last week, I'm at the HR Cafe in Cardiff, standing proudly next to the most important piece of memorabilia they have there,.... Quiet Riot platinum disc. I'd also had about 6 pints of Stella :o

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd190/pearljamie1970/DSC01245.jpg
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    jamie uk wrote:
    here's a picture of me, after seeing Robert Plant and Alison Krauss last week, I'm at the HR Cafe in Cardiff, standing proudly next to the most important piece of memorabilia they have there,.... Quiet Riot platinum disc. I'd also had about 6 pints of Stella :o

the guy who wore that golden mask must have had fucking huge ears :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    jamie uk wrote:

Ironic the PJ YIELD framed album is behind you
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    dunkman wrote:
    the guy who wore that golden mask must have had fucking huge ears :)

Bigger than mine?
    jamie uk wrote:

Haha. I love that you're right next to a Yield disc and went for Quiet Riot instead. This will shock you Jamie. Their cover of Cum On Feel The Noize is one of my favourite covers ever and FAR superior to the original! :D What a guitar solo too.

Christ... the power of Grand Theft Auto Vice City to make 80s metal seem like the coolest thing in the world.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
    Ironic the PJ YIELD framed album is behind you

Huh?
    *turns around*
    "where"?
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Haha. I love that you're right next to a Yield disc and went for Quiet Riot instead. This will shock you Jamie. Their cover of Cum On Feel The Noize is one of my favourite covers ever and FAR superior to the original! :D What a guitar solo too.

Christ... the power of Grand Theft Auto Vice City to make 80s metal seem like the coolest thing in the world.

Ha, I was pretty into them back in the day. Trouble is they got carried away with the whole 'we got a hit with a Slade cover' thing, and did another straight after!! Which wasn't as good.
    Yeah, the PJ thing, not actually a Yield disc, just some framed congratulations for being 'quite good' or something.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd190/pearljamie1970/DSC01244.jpg
    jamie uk wrote:
    Ha, I was pretty into them back in the day. Trouble is they got carried away with the whole 'we got a hit with a Slade cover' thing, and did another straight after!! Which wasn't as good.
    Yeah, the PJ thing, not actually a Yield disc, just some framed congratulations for being 'quite good' or something.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd190/pearljamie1970/DSC01244.jpg
    Ha, I see. I notice that the 'quite good' praise stops after Yield too...

I'm kidding. I like Binaural and Riot Act. Self-Titled is ok.
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Ha, I see. I notice that the 'quite good' praise stops after Yield too...

I'm kidding. I like Binaural and Riot Act. Self-Titled is ok.

I am too very fond of Riot Act and a lot of Binaural, the last one was pretty good, I mean as far as a whole collection of albums is concerned, I dont reckon anybody has ever been more consistent.
    Hey, post a picture for fuck sake, before they send us to the Porch :eek:
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    jamie uk wrote:

You are such a cutie....:eek:

Great picture!!
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • pearljammin41pearljammin41 Posts: 465
    fanch75 wrote:
    Your football coach is a dickhead POS.

Just so you know. :D

that may be true.. but he is OUR dickhead POS now! and we love him
    jamie uk wrote:
    I am too very fond of Riot Act and a lot of Binaural, the last one was pretty good, I mean as far as a whole collection of albums is concerned, I dont reckon anybody has ever been more consistent.
    Hey, post a picture for fuck sake, before they send us to the Porch :eek:
    Here you go, thread integrity time :)

Just took this now to test both my newly shortened hair on camera (that was supposed to sound stupid) and my new photoediting software. I went for a softened, professional portrait look :p:D Shame my phone camera sucks.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/jamie_d1012/me4.jpg