Options

Florida or New York shows?

Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Im stuck!!, Should i go to the florida shows or the MSG show? Florida is going to be alot cheaper for me then new york and i prob will have more of a chance of getting better tenclub tickets to the fl shows aswel.

But i dont know how i would get from West palm beach to Tampa cause i would want to go to both shows!
Let them wash away
All those yesterdays
All those yesterdays
All those paper plates
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    go to florida. sun and sand, my friend! palm trees! FLORIDA!
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    They just announced an Ebola breakout here.

Better stick to the MSG shows.
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    robfest2robfest2 Posts: 594
    You can take a Greyhound bus from West palm beach to Tampa.

http://www.greyhound.com
  • Options
    BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    Florida, better seats and nicer beaches :) and probably less stressful buying tickets
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    long red wrote:
    go to florida. sun and sand, my friend! palm trees! FLORIDA!

Yeah, what he said :D
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    Cool, but how long would it take on the bus to Tampa?
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    fugawzifugawzi Posts: 879
    I'd say about 3 hours but it depends on if the bus stops and how many stops etc. If I were you, coming all the way from Europe, I'd go to the Columbia S.C. show and maybe the VA Beach show. Those seem to be the most 'unpopular' shows to attend from what I've seen on here. You'd have the best chance at good seats at those 2 shows. Good luck!
    West Palm 2000 I & II/West Palm '03/Tampa '03/Kissimmee '04/Vic Theater '07/West Palm '08/Tampa '08/NYC MSG I & II '08/Philly Spectrum III & IV '09/Cleveland '10/Bristow '10/PJ20 I & II 2011/Pensacola '12/Pittsburgh '13/Denver '14
  • Options
    robfest2robfest2 Posts: 594
    Cool, but how long would it take on the bus to Tampa?
    7 hours. the bus makes alot of stops.
  • Options
    7 hours!!!! thats crap obvs wud be worth it to go to both shows but 7 hours is abit too long on a bus for my liking.
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    The bus takes FOREVER. You're looking at 7-8 hours from WPB.

Do yourself a favor and rent a car. The drive from WPB to Tampa is a breeze and you'll want a car here anyway - no useful public transportation. Even if you're staying near the Forum you really have to check out our beaches (40 minutes from downtown Tampa).

I've driven in Scotland. You'll do fine on our roads. :D
  • Options
    lol cool , tht wud be great but i cant drive yet!!!
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    lol cool , tht wud be great but i cant drive yet!!!

To be honest, if the bus was my only choice I would only do the WPB show. The journey would ruin the vacation for me.

Maybe you could hook up with a Jammer from SE Florida to catch a ride. I'll bet someone on the Pit would step up.

Good luck!
  • Options
    yea, its cause im only 18, 19 on monday, so maybe i cud grab a lift off a fellow jammer in the area?
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    goldenegggoldenegg Posts: 369
    If I have to choose, I'd pick MSG over the Florida shows. The crowd's going to be insane there and there are worse things than spending a few days in NYC. I'm not a big Florida fan (just spent a week in the area recently), but I can get the travel paid for by work.

I'm currently planning to attend both, but I'm not sure anymore as my gf has been given extra days off so we may head overseas for vacation. I'm hoping to figure out those plans by tomorrow, as it'll probably cut out either Florida or MSG.
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    dont forget about kings of leon to help you decide
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    SBC03SBC03 Posts: 502
    stay home
    See this needle...a see my hand...
    Drop drop dropping it down...oh so gently...
    Well here it comes...I touch the plane...
    Turn me up...won't turn you away...
  • Options
    lol do you think its not worth heading over for the shows then?
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    PearlJainPearlJain Posts: 565
    It's amazing.........suddenly the South (Florida) isn't such a bad place now for some. Ha! It IS beautiful here! But - we want tickets as well!!!!
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

"Empty pockets will Allow a greater Sense of wealth...." EV/ITW
  • Options
    hey ive always loved Florida!, been over 4 times with me family.
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    FrankBauerFrankBauer Posts: 448
    If money wasn't a consideration, I'd do MSG, even if it meant being further back from the stage. They always do something special for NYC, whether its guest performances, a longer setlist, or a more unique setlist. Much more momentous. Plus, you get the opportunity to hit up both shows and you know both shows will no doubt be really different. And just seeing them there at MSG is something worth remembering and talking about for years after. WPB is first and Tampa is next, so they'll be rusty, probably wont play as long, but its still PJ. But it will be no comparison to the shows at MSG.

I live in FL and will definitely hit up Tampa, still figuring out if I can go to WPB. Missed the entire 06 tour, so pretty pumped to see them coming back.
  • Options
    PearlJainPearlJain Posts: 565
    hey ive always loved Florida!, been over 4 times with me family.

I was only addressing those "ney-sayers" whom have said some pretty terrible things on the "Southern" (as well as other) threads regarding those whom make the South our home. They KNOW who they are. (NOT you, personally :).

I hope you and your family will continue to visit us here in the Sunshine State!
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

"Empty pockets will Allow a greater Sense of wealth...." EV/ITW
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    Both.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910
    Hmm a tricky one, but I can see these shows in the South being pretty special as they haven't been there and with the MSG/Boston shows being so special last time I can see ppl building them up and being disappointed. 7 hours on a bus in the US is not really a long time, hell I've travelled for 12 hours + in Vietnam and in Thailand at night in the fog with the driver swigging from a bottle of whisky and over taking with on coming traffic coming right at us. For me getting a bus and the travelling is all part of the fun and a good opportunity to get some good PJ listening in before the show. Also I know for me when I went in 2003 to Boston and New York was going to an Ampitheatre as we don't get those in the UK or Australia. So if you do go to the MSG shows you gotta go to Boston or Hartford or Camden.
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • Options
    lol do you think its not worth heading over for the shows then?

dude its a pearl jam show.
    all of you are making such a fuss about seating. any seat is a good seat when pearl jam plays msg.
    but the tampa show from 2000 is one of my favorite boots ever.
  • Options
    UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910
    dude its a pearl jam show.
    all of you are making such a fuss about seating. any seat is a good seat when pearl jam plays msg.
    but the tampa show from 2000 is one of my favorite boots ever.

Agreed, I was behind stage for both MSG shows, still loved every minute of it and behind stage ain't so bad.
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,119
    MINDWIREUK wrote:
    Agreed, I was behind stage for both MSG shows, still loved every minute of it and behind stage ain't so bad.

I was there for the Meadowlands and didn't have a problem with the view from behind the stage either.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    3inputchick3inputchick Posts: 845
    MINDWIREUK wrote:
    The behind the stage crowd is alot of fun.
    Cant hear a thing Ed says, but can you ever really understand what that man is saying!

I'll opt for behind the stage, not a bad thing looking at Ed's ass for 2 hours!
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    surfponcesurfponce Posts: 71
    I would goto MSG! Bigger City, you would have more to do! I would goto MSG!! Besides there's too many people in FLA already!! Great Pizza too!!!
    dean stirk
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,532
    Go to Florida.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    florida...better my chances of msg :D
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2