Options

Pearl Jam wedding song

2»

Comments

• Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,923
    Congrats! :)

If 'Thin Air' had've been around when we got married....it would've been our bridal waltz song for sure!!! It would have to be one of the most beautiful (dare I say) love songs I've ever heard :)

One of the songs we had was 'Thank You' by Led Zeppelin.

We had 'Thank You' by Zep as well. Great song!
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    PJ2k3PJ2k3 Posts: 218
    We closed the night of fun with Yellow Ledbetter...didn't actually dance to a PJ song. It was awesome cause I have some really good Jamily friends and we all stood in a circle singing. Great ending to a great night.
    9/24/96, 6/14/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 9/1/00, 9/4/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 9/19/05, 9/30/05, 10/03/05, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 8/7/08 (Eddie solo)
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,179
    I believe in Miracles -- from Live at benayora Hall wouldn't be bad IMO

At least I didnt say Life Wasted :)
  • Options
    Uncle NeilUncle Neil Posts: 176
    Around the bend
  • Options
    danedane Posts: 1,062
    And also "Hail, Hail" is a 90s grunge version of "Love Stinks." Please don't play that at a wedding. The lyrics are anti-love.

huh??!! A cover of what what? And anti-love??
    Never thought of the lyrics that way. I'll look into it, but I prop wouldn't play at my wedding anyway.

Edit: lol. Just read through the lyrics a couple of times. Thanks for pointing that out.

Are we bound out of obligation?
    Is that all we've got?
    tsk tsk...............
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    We are getting married on May 31, 2009. For the past few months we were set on Yellow Ledbetter. But I told my fiancee that while I LOVE the song, I didn't want to have a song about a guy going off to war to be our first dance. We are now using Low Light - which has some sentimental meaning for us. My problem with it before was that the tempo was a little fast. But I put it into my audio editing program and slowed it down a few BPM and it's perfect. I also think the lyrics are great. Jeff said it was a response to the song Pilate and having found your way in life. I think that fits for a song to start the rest of your life! I can't wait!!!
    2000: DC / 2002: Letterman 2 / 2003: Raleigh, Charlotte, Pittsburgh, Philly, State College, Camden 1, Camden 2, DC, MSG 1, MSG 2, Hershey, Holmdel, Bridgeschool 1, Bridgeschool 2 / 2004: Reading / 2005: Philly / 2006: Camden 1, DC / 2008: Palm Beach,Camden 1,Camden 2,DC,MSG 1,MSG 2,Boston 2 / 2009: (EV) Philly 2, (EV) Baltimore 2, San Diego, Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4 / 2010: Boston, Newark, MSG 1, MSG 2 / 2011: (EV) Philly
  • Options
    Drew263Drew263 Birmingham, AL Posts: 602
    Dead Man walking

:P my attempt at smiles.
    Seriously, Congrats!

Thin Air i would say. That song used to mean alot to me once. But i'll let ya use it :-)

lol..I was trying to figure out a way to get Thin Air in mine too.
  • Options
    Blue11Blue11 Posts: 200
    how about Picture in a Frame?
    I convinced my fiancee to have that as our last dance for our wedding this September. Our first dance will be Somebody by Depeche Mode.
    " All the stars in the sky, thought you were up in mine
    Still I wonder, I wonder......" "Black" tag 09-16-2005 Ottawa

Toronto 2003, Kitchener 2005, Montreal 2005, Ottawa 2005, Toronto II 2006, Albany 2006, Hartford 2006, Camden I 2008, Camden II 2008, Washington, D.C. 2008, Toronto 2009, Chicago I 2009, Columbus 2010, Noblesville, 2010
  • Options
    cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383
    I got married last november and i thought for a long time about what PJ song we could use for a first dance. Then it struck me, One of the many reasons I love Pearl Jam is .....they don't write sappy wedding songs!

So we went with something else to start and saved the PJ songs for later when the party was up tempo.
  • Options
    PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069
    Mudfest wrote:
    Cant help falling in love .... slow version

M

You MUST specify the SLOW version. We decided our first dance would be "Can't Help Falling in Love," so I contacted the DJ and told him where to find the version of the song and that I would have one on me that night if he couldn't find it. So the night of the wedding arrives and we walk out on to the floor to dance. The song kicks up, and I'm barely paying attention when all of a sudden I hear the tempo change and realize this is the fast version. We didn't miss a beat.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Options
    PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069
    Double Post.....damnit!
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    dane wrote:
    huh??!! A cover of what what? And anti-love??
    Never thought of the lyrics that way. I'll look into it, but I prop wouldn't play at my wedding anyway.

Edit: lol. Just read through the lyrics a couple of times. Thanks for pointing that out.

Are we bound out of obligation?
    Is that all we've got?
    tsk tsk...............

Right .... the lyrics are sarcastic.

Are we bound out of obligation ... meaning, is the only thing that is binding us together this wedding wing? Do we have nothing else in common?

If you're the only one then I'll never be enough .... does that sound like a love song to you? Because it sounds to me like a guy who can never hope to live up to the high standards his significant other has set for him.

Hail, hail the lucky ones, indeed.

I'm in a great relationship now ... but in rockier times, this was my theme song.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    cuyler41 wrote:
    I got married last november and i thought for a long time about what PJ song we could use for a first dance. Then it struck me, One of the many reasons I love Pearl Jam is .....they don't write sappy wedding songs!

Oh, come on. Parachutes is a pretty sappy wedding song. And I love it :)
  • Options
    My husband & I danced our first dance to the 10/03/05 version of Harvest Moon. It couldn't have been more perfect...'specially since we got married in late October:)

We also had some lyrics from Parachutes on our ceremony program...which I loved...and was very well received...

I wish we had played more PJ at the reception...in hindsight...

Anyhow, I say do it! Do whatever you like. Its YOUR day and it should be all about YOU:)
    rocknrollgurl = *bee girl* @ www.myspace.com/pearljamgrrl

Everything you've imagined...needn't be stuck in your mind.
  • Options
    We are getting married on May 31, 2009. For the past few months we were set on Yellow Ledbetter. But I told my fiancee that while I LOVE the song, I didn't want to have a song about a guy going off to war to be our first dance. We are now using Low Light - which has some sentimental meaning for us. My problem with it before was that the tempo was a little fast. But I put it into my audio editing program and slowed it down a few BPM and it's perfect. I also think the lyrics are great. Jeff said it was a response to the song Pilate and having found your way in life. I think that fits for a song to start the rest of your life! I can't wait!!!

Two birds is what they'll see
    Getting lost upon their way
  • Options
    16chez2116chez21 Posts: 83
    brainofjb wrote:
    SO I am planning my wedding.
    We have a couple of songs that could possibly be our wedding song
    We havent decided yet.

If I dont pick a pj song, I would like to atleast have one that we do dance too.
    I have a couple in mind

just wanted your thoughts on a good song

I do not have a suggestion for you for a first dance song. However, I was married this past summer and was faced with a similar problem. I wanted to choose a PJ to dance to, but I was outvoted. We did however dance (read: slightly stumble our way thanks to the fantastic bartender and a guy named Sam Adams) to Yellow Ledbetter as our last dance. It was pretty cool. We are both huge fans, and we had some big fans in attendance, so there was some added significance.

Ironically enough, we are going to be at Mansfield, MA the night of our anniversary (6/30). Not sure how I managed to convince my wife of that, but being on Tuesday definately helped.

Good luck choosing a song.
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    San Diego Serenade, Tom Waits.
  • Options
    jmccue7jmccue7 Posts: 119
    one of the DJs here in DC (Roche on DC101) is a huuuge PJ fan and had Thin Air as his wedding song.
    Merriweather '00
    East Troy '03
    Boston I '04
    Pittsburgh '06
    Lollapalooza '07
    DC '08
    MSG I & II '08
  • Options
    brainofjbbrainofjb Boston Posts: 381
    For our first dance, my wife and I had 'Throw your arms'. Live version from the Austrailian tour. It went over well.

that song makes me cry every time I hear it
    I thought of it as well
    There's the moon asking to stay
    Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
  • Options
    Mudfest wrote:
    Cant help falling in love .... slow version

M

I would love to use it ...but
    My dad and I will dance to ELvis
    ELvis to my dad is like PJ to me
  • Options
    Around the Bend is the way to go.....

I'm wishing you all well.
    Mind a peace within your cell.
    Covers up I cast you off.
    I'll be watching as you breathe.
    I lie still, you move, I send you off around the bend.

I hold your head deep in my arms.
    My fingertips they close your eyes.
    Off you dream my little child.
    There's a sun around the bend. (x2)

All evenings close like this.
    All these moments that I've missed.
    Please forgive me, won't you dear?
    Please forgive and let me share with you around the bend.

You're an angel when you sleep.
    How I want your soul to keep on, and on, around the bend.
  • Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,185
    My husband & I danced our first dance to the 10/03/05 version of Harvest Moon. It couldn't have been more perfect...'specially since we got married in late October:)

We also had some lyrics from Parachutes on our ceremony program...which I loved...and was very well received...

I wish we had played more PJ at the reception...in hindsight...

Anyhow, I say do it! Do whatever you like. Its YOUR day and it should be all about YOU:)

Congratulations to both of you (thread starter and rocknrollgurl)!

I am getting married in 26 days (May 3rd) in a small ceremony on a beach in northern Va. Harvest Moon, (same version from Philly '05) will be our wedding song.
  • Options
    StoneCat wrote:
    Around the Bend is the way to go.....

I'm wishing you all well.
    Mind a peace within your cell.
    Covers up I cast you off.
    I'll be watching as you breathe.
    I lie still, you move, I send you off around the bend.

I hold your head deep in my arms.
    My fingertips they close your eyes.
    Off you dream my little child.
    There's a sun around the bend. (x2)

All evenings close like this.
    All these moments that I've missed.
    Please forgive me, won't you dear?
    Please forgive and let me share with you around the bend.

You're an angel when you sleep.
    How I want your soul to keep on, and on, around the bend.

reminds me of my daughter
  • Options
    maverick wrote:
    Congratulations to both of you (thread starter and rocknrollgurl)!

I am getting married in 26 days (May 3rd) in a small ceremony on a beach in northern Va. Harvest Moon, (same version from Philly '05) will be our wedding song.

congrats and good luck w/ everything :)