Options

New Years weight loss challenge

RolandTD20KdrummerRolandTD20Kdrummer Posts: 13,066
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
The body follows if the mind is willing.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/krisgethin44.htm

Best of luck.
Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
( o.O)
(")_(")
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    What's that guy about? I saw a bottle of pills at the bottom and that usually is a great sign that I'm not interested.

Anyway, today is "heavy day" at the gym. Let's keep Dec progress going into Jan, folks!
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    I'm down with this...although it blows goats not drinking. :D
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Guy looks like a faggot to me.
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    nuffingman wrote:
    Guy looks like a faggot to me.

I didn't open the link. Is the Marlboro man pictured?
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    Have any of you seen the movie "300"? This is the Spartan workout routine. It's very big on high reps, and you saw how cut the Spartans were in that movie. I've never done this, but I may do the modified (2nd) version next time I change up my routine.

http://www.menshealth.com/cda/article.do?site=menshealth&channel=fitness&category=workout.plans&conitem=5e1790ecab7e1110vgnvcm20000012281eac____

"It looks simple on paper, but I promise you, it's a great muscle building workout," posted one man on MensHealth.com.

Another posting noted the extreme interest generated: "I sense a new 'Brad Pitt in Fight Club' standard being born."

Butler's training for 300 simultaneously built muscle, increased muscular endurance, and stripped fat fast. To achieve movie muscles that pop, he and other cast members used this grueling, unorthodox 300-rep rite of passage.

Ballantyne put together this workout video series for you to follow along with and -- provided you're fit like a king-- try for yourself.

"One actor from 300, Andrew Pleavin, completed the workout in 18 minutes,11 seconds," says Ballantyne. "He didn't practice this workout...and neither did I. My time? 19:07. My butt was kicked by a Hollywood actor!"

"It's a brutal workout, starting out strong and slowing down, finishing at a crawl," explains Ballantyne. "I don't plan on doing that any time soon or, really, ever again."

For a Spartan-sized challenge to your daily routine, consider this your new fitness gauntlet:

a) Pullups - 25 reps
    b) Deadlifts with 135lbs - 50 reps
    c) Pushups - 50 reps
    d) 24-inch Box jumps - 50 reps
    e) Floor wipers - 50 reps
    f) Single-arm Clean-and-Press with 36lbs Kettlebell - 50 reps
    g) Pullups - 25 reps

All exercises are done without scheduled rest between moves. Obviously this is an advanced workout...you shouldn't do it unless you are already in great shape.

Fortunately, this can all easily be adapted. Appropriate exercises can be subbed in: Drop down to 150 total reps, or 4-6 exercises of 15-25 reps each. For example, you might try this workout, great for a guy with moderate fitness:

15 bodyweight rows
    25 bodyweight squats
    15 pushups
    50 jumping jacks
    20 mountain climbers
    10 close grip pushups
    15 bodyweight rows
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:
    What's that guy about? I saw a bottle of pills at the bottom and that usually is a great sign that I'm not interested.

Anyway, today is "heavy day" at the gym. Let's keep Dec progress going into Jan, folks!

Oh yeah forgot to mention. They plug products left right and center like $10 hookers with bad drug habits. Totally ignore all the "buy this" rhetoric, and recommendations they provide. Some of their supplement reviews are worthwhile though.

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    Oh yeah forgot to mention. They plug products left right and center like $10 hookers with bad drug habits. Totally ignore all the "buy this" rhetoric, and recommendations they provide. Some of their supplement reviews are worthwhile though.

Ignored.

I can't lift or grip anything like i used to due to arthritis and breaking my hand a bunch of times. Throw in some carpal tunnel, and my lifting routines resemble that of a senior citizen! :D
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    Steve you played college football, right? You probalby did some heavy lifting that has came back to haunt you?

There was this dude in the gym on Monday (I posted this in another thread) who was leg pressing TWENTY TWO fucking plates. That's right, Divo had eleven plates of 45 on each side of the leg press. He was doing it and it was impressive, but his knees are going to be messed up in a few years. We just aren't meant to do that kind of shit, ya know.
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:

a) Pullups - 25 reps
    b) Deadlifts with 135lbs - 50 reps
    c) Pushups - 50 reps
    d) 24-inch Box jumps - 50 reps
    e) Floor wipers - 50 reps
    f) Single-arm Clean-and-Press with 36lbs Kettlebell - 50 reps
    g) Pullups - 25 reps

All exercises are done without scheduled rest between moves. Obviously this is an advanced workout...you shouldn't do it unless you are already in great shape.

Fortunately, this can all easily be adapted. Appropriate exercises can be subbed in: Drop down to 150 total reps, or 4-6 exercises of 15-25 reps each. For example, you might try this workout, great for a guy with moderate fitness:

15 bodyweight rows
    25 bodyweight squats
    15 pushups
    50 jumping jacks
    20 mountain climbers
    10 close grip pushups
    15 bodyweight rows

"It's a brutal workout, starting out strong and slowing down, finishing at a crawl," explains Ballantyne. "I don't plan on doing that any time soon or, really, ever again."

ROFL....that comment totally cracked me up. Just looking at I totally agree, but I'll definitely try it anyways.

Looks like a plateau smasher to me.

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:
    Steve you played college football, right? You probalby did some heavy lifting that has came back to haunt you?

There was this dude in the gym on Monday (I posted this in another thread) who was leg pressing TWENTY TWO fucking plates. That's right, Divo had eleven plates of 45 on each side of the leg press. He was doing it and it was impressive, but his knees are going to be messed up in a few years. We just aren't meant to do that kind of shit, ya know.

Yes I did...but it's not really the squats/dead lifts/cleans that have done me in...it's the hand situation and beer. And years of not really working out. Getting back into 'game shape' is not really a reality, which is ok...I just need to lose the gut and excess fat in the mid-section. Quitting drinking for a while is step 1, developing some endurance is a close 2.
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    mookie9999 wrote:
    I didn't open the link. Is the Marlboro man pictured?
    Without the hat but with skimpy shorts.
  • Options
    Speaking of brokeback, radio personalities Lex & Terry are going to give a prize to the two ladies who can do the best filmed recreation of their favorite scene from the movie Brokeback Mountain.
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    The body follows if the mind is willing.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/krisgethin44.htm

Best of luck.

I think I liked his before picture (well, except for the speedos..ick) more than his after...that is just NOT attractive to me.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper