Options

Beer

Bu2Bu2 Posts: 1,693
edited November 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
I grew up watching my parents drink beer on occasion. Schlitz, mostly.

I was entranced by the smell of it, but when I was about nine or so, my mother made Welsh Rarebit (aka Welsh Rabbit) for dinner one night and I discovered that I hated the taste of beer. For those of you unfamiliar with Welsh Rarebit, it's basically toast served with cheese sauce that has a rather large amount of beer in it. The alcohol is, of course, cooked out, therefore rendering the beer harmless.

Maybe that's why I didn't care for it.

My first beer was a Michelob and I had it at age 13 and promptly fell in love, once I got my buzz on after two more.

What was your first beer? And what were your thoughts?
Feels Good Inc.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Bu2 wrote:

What was your first beer? And what were your thoughts?

ha! well you asked....

i don't remember what brand of beer it was but when i was 3 my dad took me to a usc football game....the seats were amongst many friends and when we sat down, my dad offered me a sip (yes my dad was and is pretty much a tool :o ) and then got involved in conversations with his friends...i still had the beer....when he finally realized i still had it, it was too late...i had drunk most of it....now this was 1973....beers came on HUGE cups....obviously i slept for the entire game and when i got home my mother read my dad the riot act (like he cared)

the first beer i remember drinking was coors light when i was 8 or 9

:)
  • Options
    So who won the game?
    Feels Good Inc.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Bu2 wrote:
    So who won the game?

hahahaha.....not me that's for sure :D
  • Options
    If it's any comfort, Coors Light is my beer of choice these days. I like a good heavy beer now and then, but when you're able to drink beer like water it's best to stick with near-water, heh heh.
    Feels Good Inc.
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    My first sip was when I was around 7. I liked it. My favorite beer is probably Grolsch.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    Grolsch. I had my first taste of Grolsch while I was working as a temp for Seagram's, just as they were getting bought out by Vivendi, or whomever bought them. They had six packs piled up in their offices and I was so tempted to steal one, but then the VP of Sales went and offered us all as much as we could take home.

I was in seventh heaven for a very short time.
    Feels Good Inc.
  • Options
    my dad used to get michelob when i was little so that sticks out in my memory. i think i sipped some when i was 7. i can't remember the first one i really drank, probably cuz i was drinking other things at the time :o lol
  • Options
    And people wonder why your name is Chiquimonkey, you cheeky monkey!
    Feels Good Inc.
  • Options
    gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    I remember my dad had a friend over and they were playing Tecmo Bowl, i was probably around 4 or 5. My dad's friend offered a sip to me and I remembered I thought it was disgusting. I also remember my mom made spaghetti that night and something else that was undercooked and I threw up. To this day I feel queezy when I eat spaghetti.

I think my mom wondered how much my dad's friend let me try :p:D
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I don't remember which beer it was, but my dad gave me some of his while on a camping/fishing trip when I was about 9 and I loved it! The first beer I actually got a buzz off of was Colt 45 when in high school. :) Fun times for sure.
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,787
    What happened to the thread for all things beer???? I know it's here somewhere!

As seen through the unbridled enthusiasm, I have hit the Gonzo Imperial Porter rather hard tonight.
  • Options
    my first beer was labatts blue...i hated it but kept drinking, i think i was 14
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2