What is it with people at

lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
work who have nothing better to do than talk about each behind everyone's back. Other people experience this at their workplace? Gets annoying after while.
I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    we abuse each other to our faces here
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    lukin2006 wrote:
    work who have nothing better to do than talk about each behind everyone's back. Other people experience this at their workplace? Gets annoying after while.

I don't take off my headphones long enough to hear any gossip.
  • jezebeloriajezebeloria Posts: 600
    Ever worked in a restaurant? It's like 10x's as bad there. I try not to feed into it but sometimes it's fun. :D
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    lukin2006 wrote:

oh yea, the imaginary knife in the back! thats one nice thing about working from home, dont have to be bothered with that anymore.

and men are just as bad as women!
  • Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Most people are not nice people. You get used to it.
    What the fuck is this world?
  • my coworkers speak russian all day. they could be talking about me or anyone else, I really have no idea.
  • I took up any opportunity to talk about how stressful my manager was with anyone who'd listen, and many of them did the same, but I didn't talk about anyone else.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    my coworkers speak russian all day. they could be talking about me or anyone else, I really have no idea.

You still work at the Kremlin? I thought you were transferred.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • rrivers wrote:
    You still work at the Kremlin? I thought you were transferred.

haha I don't know, I just happen to work with people from russia. there's 3 in an office of 15.

apparently whatever they are talking about is hilarious because they're always laughing.
  • people like that suck. i dont have a job but i am in high school so i have sort of an understanding of what youre getting at.

2 words.

fuck them. dont worry about it.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • An erm, "mate", at my workplace talks about how he would love to smash the manager's face in, The manager deserves it, believe me.
    A restaurant with a smoking section is like a swimming pool with a pissing section
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    haha I don't know, I just happen to work with people from russia. there's 3 in an office of 15.

apparently whatever they are talking about is hilarious because they're always laughing.

They're laughing at the pussy Americans who get drunk after only drinking one bottle of vodka and get cold when it's 30 degrees.

"Bwahahahaha, Mikhail, American cold at 32 degrees! Bwahahahahahaha! Drunk on very little vodka! Bwahahaha!"
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677

2 words.

fuck them. dont worry about it.

I count six. Maybe you shouldn't have cut class today! ;)
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • mookie9999 wrote:
    I count six. Maybe you shouldn't have cut class today! ;)
    well the 2 words were fuck them. do you know what a peroid is you wise ass? :D:D
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • fanch75 wrote:
    They're laughing at the pussy Americans who get drunk after only drinking one bottle of vodka and get cold when it's 30 degrees.

"Bwahahahaha, Mikhail, American cold at 32 degrees! Bwahahahahahaha! Drunk on very little vodka! Bwahahaha!"

haha actually the two who are always laughing are the biggest wimps in the cold I've ever seen! they're always complaining about the cold weather. see you can't stereotype.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    haha actually the two who are always laughing are the biggest wimps in the cold I've ever seen! they're always complaining about the cold weather. see you can't stereotype.

I bet they chain-smoke all day. Is that a stereotype???
  • I bet they chain-smoke all day. Is that a stereotype???

hahahahaha one of them does! another one quit to have a kid but still lauds the effects of smoking on "maintaining a healthy weight."
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,127
    hahahahaha one of them does! another one quit to have a kid but still lauds the effects of smoking on "maintaining a healthy weight."
    looks like he has a promising career as a PR person for Philip Morris
  • I like my coworkers. We all get along pretty well for the most part. There is a bit of gossip at times, but not nasty stuff. We do make jokes at each other's expense all the time, but nobody takes it seriously.

Three crooked hearts, swirls all around

You can't spell Gossard without G-O-D
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    lukin2006 wrote:

Did anyone get a load of what lukin2006 was wearing today? Have mercy!
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    fanch75 wrote:

GreenTea should tell them, "English only at the table. You want to see this seventh card, stop speaking fucking Sputnik! I'm sure you guys were talking about pirogies and snow, but let's cut that out."
  • Dollpartz wrote:
    o.

This I am definitely not convinced of
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • dawngdawng Posts: 644
    Where I work, we have an interesting work atmosphere - and a no gossip policy. Got an issue, take it to the person you have an issue with...close the door, talk about it, and don't take whatever it is personally. Works pretty well!

However, I have worked at lots of places that were just like Jr High - not fun.
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
  • This I am definitely not convinced of

ugh I am. I've seen 50 year old men going on worse than 6th grade girls. who said what to whom, who wasn't invited where.
  • flask0987flask0987 Posts: 12
    I work with mostly women so it goes along with the territory.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Dollpartz wrote:
    oh yea, the imaginary knife in the back! thats one nice thing about working from home, dont have to be bothered with that anymore.

maybe worse
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • journeymanjourneyman Posts: 135
    Study: 93% Of People Talked About Once They Leave Room

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/study_93_of_people_talked_about
    Everyone talks about everyone. It's what separates us from the animals. That and message board posting.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    lukin2006 wrote:

This is how the girls in the office are here. As soon as one leaves the rest talk about them. It's quite amusing to watch actually. :lol:
  • rrivers wrote:
    Everyone talks about everyone. It's what separates us from the animals. That and message board posting.
    :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”