How about them Huskers?!?

BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 697
edited October 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Surely there are some Nebraska Cornhusker fans on here and it has been a tough year but just think, if Joe Ganz was our Quarterback all year... would we have a better record??? 7 touchdowns today! I say Joe Ganz > Tom Brady
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Surely there are some Nebraska Cornhusker fans on here and it has been a tough year but just think, if Joe Ganz was our Quarterback all year... would we have a better record??? 7 touchdowns today! I say Joe Ganz > Tom Brady

would Nebraska have a better record? hell no. Their defense hasn't shown up this season! What the hell happened to the Blackshirts?????

I was born and raised in Lincoln, so naturally I'm a Husker fan. I hate the new look Callahan team. Screw him, screw his west coast offense. 500 yards passing? Whoopee! :rolleyes: Done at the cost of a once-vaunted Blackshirt defense.

Gimmee the old school Husker triple-option offense and bad-ass defense over this new-fangled Callahan crap any day. Good rushing and defense wins over a respectable passing game. Just remember the 1996 Fiesta Bowl when it was the "old school" Nebraska against the "team of the future" Florida Gators for the national championship. Florida was favored to win because of their shiny passing game, but Nebraska came in and literally rolled over them - final score was something like 62-24. I love that type of team.
  • BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 697
    well I have a feeling Bill "Fraudahan" will not be with the Huskers next year and Gosgrove better not be either! Gosgrove is bringin' down our defense! Get them out of here! Let the Blackshirts reign again!
  • as a Nebraska grad, I'm pumped that they won....QB looked great. But I'm not gonna get overly excited yet...they could actually snag a small bowl game with a win over Colorado in a couple of weeks...which would be impressive after the season they've had....and "IF" they get a bowl game and "IF" they win this bowl game, Callahan may have miraculously saved his job for another season. Otherwise he's outta there.

Ya gotta love the whole backup QB, getting the call, and exceeding standards. That's what football is all about....timing...waiting til the time is perfect...which it was today.
    "It's all happening"
  • BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 697
    thats very true. It just really makes me wonder why this guy hasn't played at all this season. Even when we were getting our asses kicked he didn't even get a snap and then he comes in and does this. For all my opinions worth, maybe Ganz should have been in there all season cause he can sure do a hell of a lot more than Keller can. (scrambling, focusing on more than one receiver, etc.)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    should have stayed in the big 12.....

they are the new MN of the big ten
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • ogey38ogey38 Posts: 563
    Sorry to say, we're making a terrible showing in our new conference. I actually took Michigan tomorrow-first time I've ever wagered against the Huskers.
    Mid-America Center Council Bluffs, IA - Jun 13, 2003
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
    Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Lincoln, NE - Oct 9, 2014
    Global Citizen's Festival, NYC - Sept 26, 2015