Today is my last day at my current job...

JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
edited January 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
... after a bit more tahn 3 years. This was my first job. It was nice but I'm happy to change, happy to know I'm going to work with new people from next Monday...
2006: Antwerp, Paris
2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
2009: Rotterdam, London
2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Nice. Onwards and upwards. Hope things work out for you.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    It is a weird feeling. Tuesday is my last day at my job for a company I was about to start my 19th year with. I go away for a week and then start my new job on Wednesday the 28th. It is definitely strange, so I kinda know what you are going through.

My current company was sold. I was offered a job with the new company and could have kept all my seniority and entitlements, like vacation time and stuff, but it is a 65 mile commute each way up the NJ Garden State Parkway. Fuck that. I have been looking for a few months and found something better that is only 17 miles from my home. It is a big relief, but definately a bit of a sad feeling leaving all the people I have worked with for so long.

In any case, good luck with the new job.
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    It is a weird feeling. Tuesday is my last day at my job for a company I was about to start my 19th year with. I go away for a week and then start my new job on Wednesday the 28th. It is definitely strange, so I kinda know what you are going through.

My current company was sold. I was offered a job with the new company and could have kept all my seniority and entitlements, like vacation time and stuff, but it is a 65 mile commute each way up the NJ Garden State Parkway. Fuck that. I have been looking for a few months and found something better that is only 17 miles from my home. It is a big relief, but definately a bit of a sad feeling leaving all the people I have worked with for so long.

In any case, good luck with the new job.

Thanks.
    That's indeed a weird feeling. I've spent more tahn 3 years here and there are a few people I will miss.
    I even brought two colleagues to a Pearl Jam show ! They are now fan.
    But I'm pretty sure I will prefer my new job.
    I already spent 3 days there and everybody's very friendly. This is a small company (I am the 10th employee), managed like a family. This job is in the countryside, in a beautifl house with a garden. I will prefer that to the stress of Brussels...
    Good luck for your new job !
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Hope everything works out well! :thumbup: :clap:
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    good luck my friend.. i'm leaving my job after 5 years and i could not be more excited.. i'd rather choose my careeer than be stuck doing something that i don't want to do
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    conman wrote:
    good luck my friend.. i'm leaving my job after 5 years and i could not be more excited.. i'd rather choose my careeer than be stuck doing something that i don't want to do

Is the un-enlistment just around the corner?
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    conman wrote:

Is the un-enlistment just around the corner?
    148 :D
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    the best time at work...when you turn in your two week notice....cause really, at that point, firing is not an option :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg