Options

Idaho???

JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
my old man is heading off to Boise in March, just wondering what kind of weather he can be expecting? winds, snow, etc? (its an outdoorsy thing)

also if anyone is from Idaho, Washington, Montana or Wyoming and has suggestions of must-do/must-see attractions in those states please share, or PM me.

he's taking a trip, im helping him plan it, so any feedback from people familiar with the place is welcome!!! THANKS!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,840
    JordyWordy wrote:
    my old man is heading off to Boise in March, just wondering what kind of weather he can be expecting? winds, snow, etc? (its an outdoorsy thing)

also if anyone is from Idaho, Washington, Montana or Wyoming and has suggestions of must-do/must-see attractions in those states please share, or PM me.

he's taking a trip, im helping him plan it, so any feedback from people familiar with the place is welcome!!! THANKS!!

There's an old penetentiary (spelling?) that's pretty cool in Boise. Have relatives there, and last visited in 2001. I don't think they get any more snow than we would here over in New England, if that gives ya any idea. In other words, it isn't Alaska-like there, unless you're up in the mountains. But it's reasonable to expect some cooler temps and possible snow in March. The rest of Idaho seems....well.....desolate......but Boise certainly is the place to be in if he's going to Idaho. A very, very beautiful city all around. (Also, there is an indie record store worth checking out downtown......the name alludes me at the moment).
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    JordyWordy wrote:

i was born in caldwell which is about 45 min from boise. i even have my mother living there. just too bad i haven't been there since i was 14. i'm not too familiar with it.
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
  • Options
    There's an old penetentiary (spelling?) that's pretty cool in Boise. Have relatives there, and last visited in 2001. I don't think they get any more snow than we would here over in New England, if that gives ya any idea. In other words, it isn't Alaska-like there, unless you're up in the mountains. But it's reasonable to expect some cooler temps and possible snow in March. The rest of Idaho seems....well.....desolate......but Boise certainly is the place to be in if he's going to Idaho. A very, very beautiful city all around. (Also, there is an indie record store worth checking out downtown......the name alludes me at the moment).

weirdly enough it does give me an idea! thanks. desolate seems to be the picture im getting...its about three (& a small bit) times bigger than Ireland with a population of 1/4 of ours, and we're not falling over each other here for lack of room!

but scenery etc is half the reason he'll be there so thats ok.
    i was born in caldwell which is about 45 min from boise. i even have my mother living there. just too bad i haven't been there since i was 14. i'm not too familiar with it.

even though its only 45 mins away? you not travel much or is it just that you dont travel to Boise much?

my only previous connection to Boise is that i wouldnt have minded being there on the eve of March 3rd 2000...."aaannndd Dooonnnntt Beeee Shyyyyyyyy.......just let Your Feeeellings Roolllllll Onnnn Byyyyyy"....... :)

thanks for the responses :)
  • Options
    I da ho? NO! You da HO!
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    I da ho? NO! You da HO!

puntastic! :) nicely done sir!

haha, even if this thread got 1000 responses this one will be the first bit of advice ill pass on to my dad just to see his response........"ehhh.....right James, thanks for the help...dickhead"

:)
  • Options
    JordyWordy wrote:
    puntastic! :) nicely done sir!

haha, even if this thread got 1000 responses this one will be the first bit of advice ill pass on to my dad just to see his response........"ehhh.....right James, thanks for the help...dickhead"

:)
    thank you, i'll be here all night. ;)
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    watch out, I hear it rains potatoes when you least expect it.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980

I'm broadcasting live from Boise as we speak. The record store is The Record Exchange and this city rules! Right now we're getting our share of snow, which is fine by me as I'm hitting Bogus Basin right after work for some great powder boarding. Not the biggest or best ski hill in Idaho, but it's less than 30 minutes from my house. In March, it will be a little windy and rainy but I don't think you will see too much bad weather, at least not in Boise.

There are tons of great hotsprings within an hour's drive from here and nothing beats a natural hot soak in cold weather.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    JordyWordy wrote:
    weirdly enough it does give me an idea! thanks. desolate seems to be the picture im getting...its about three (& a small bit) times bigger than Ireland with a population of 1/4 of ours, and we're not falling over each other here for lack of room!

but scenery etc is half the reason he'll be there so thats ok.

even though its only 45 mins away? you not travel much or is it just that you dont travel to Boise much?

my only previous connection to Boise is that i wouldnt have minded being there on the eve of March 3rd 2000...."aaannndd Dooonnnntt Beeee Shyyyyyyyy.......just let Your Feeeellings Roolllllll Onnnn Byyyyyy"....... :)

thanks for the responses :)

Fucking stellar concert! You can hear my wife screaming on the bootleg.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    Boise has big truck service.
    I had a time blow out in Boise.
    Didn't even know it,
    some kind lady said, hey dude, you have a fucked up tire.

Had the AC fan replaced in Boise.
    It was hot as hell many times I passed thru Boise.

It seems like a cool city.
    I like the pan handle part of Idaho. (northern)
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    I da ho? NO! You da HO!

and I da pimp!

ehh...it had to be done...
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,688
    I helped my friend move to Moscow, Idaho right before the New Year. Red Square and Lenin's Tomb were fun.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    roarroar Posts: 1,116
    If you guys are golfers, you should experience the Coeur d'Alene Resort in northern Idaho. Home of the floating green... http://www.cdaresort.com/
  • Options
    roar wrote:
    If you guys are golfers, you should experience the Coeur d'Alene Resort in northern Idaho. Home of the floating green... http://www.cdaresort.com/

first time i seen that town's name on a road sign i was like, what the f'.

Coeur d'Alene, beautifull thru there.
    Seen some weird snow strom goin over that 4th of July pass thingy.
    I sware it was lighning and a blizzard all @ once.
    Was to dang cool, but very freaky in sum silly truck trackin around the mountains.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    Coeur d'Alene, beautifull thru there.

Coeur d'Alene is beautiful...minus the annual march of the Aryan Nation.
  • Options
    roar wrote:
    Coeur d'Alene is beautiful...minus the annual march of the Aryan Nation.

yeah no shit.
    why they hangin out?
    wooded area or what?
    hiding back in the mountains?

and then there's that one piece of shit who killed a family.
    freak big time.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    why they hangin out?

headquartered in nearby Hayden Lake.
  • Options
    i'll tell ya what.
    i've seen some of the most amazing sky
    right there crossing into Idaho from Montana
    and up thru Idaho as the sun is goin away.
    frickin amazing really.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    roar wrote:
    headquartered in nearby Hayden Lake.

where's that located at exactly?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    where's that located at exactly?

it's about 5ish miles from CDA.

looks like the neo-nazi's "officially" moved...

according to wiki:
    "Hayden Lake is a city in Kootenai County, Idaho. From 1970 until 2001, the headquarters of the Neo-Nazi organization Aryan Nations, was at the Lake, but the property has since been acquired by North Idaho College who turned it into a "peace park."

i still wouldn't want to live there.
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,840
    edit
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II