Drinking a "Dr Pepper"

JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
and not the cola..............Half pint of Beer, other half coke (or dr peppers if you like that piss) ...then drop a shot of Amaretto into it (watch it foam) & down the lot. perfect for a christmas party drink.

anyone care to suggest some others?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    JordyWordy wrote:
    and not the cola..............Half pint of Beer, other half coke (or dr peppers if you like that piss) ...then drop a shot of Amaretto into it (watch it foam) & down the lot. perfect for a christmas party drink.

Love that drink. It's always guaranteed to put a wobble in your walk.

A blow job's quite nice. It involves half a shot glass of Bailey's and the other half Kalua.

Although it is Christmas, so straight Baileys is the thing. I can chug that stuff down. Lovely!
  • Mmm... baileys... creamy and beige.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    JordyWordy wrote:

eh, that's not the "real" thing. substitute the coke for a shot of 151 and you"ll have many wobbles in your step.

an Irish car bomb or 2 put me at ease real nice...

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    brainofPJ wrote:
    eh, that's not the "real" thing. substitute the coke for a shot of 151 and you"ll have many wobbles in your step.

Yes yes yes.

I decided to put a variation on the name though and asked the barman if he could give me an "IRA car bomb". Worst fucking hangover ever.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Well, back when I used to drink, my favourite concoction was a mix of Jack Daniels, cheap Russian vodka, and Jamaican sailor rum.

I called it the "Ouch in the back of the head".
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    Well, back when I used to drink, my favourite concoction was a mix of Jack Daniels, cheap Russian vodka, and Jamaican sailor rum.

I called it the "Ouch in the back of the head".

haha a friend of mine goes for Tequila Vodka & RedBull......a TVR.

i cant handle them. im not hardcore enough
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    brainofPJ wrote:

Two great drinks right there.........I wouldnt even bother drinking the Dr. Pepper unless the 151 was in it
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    Two great drinks right there.........I wouldnt even bother drinking the Dr. Pepper unless the 151 was in it

haha, that's what i'm talking about!

good stuff indeed.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• bourbon....neat.
    "It's all happening"
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    My drink of choice has to be Hennessy and Coke. Goes together like a dream. Any cognac will do but Hennessy is perfect.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    Irish Car Bombs
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
    bourbon....neat.

Is Southern Comfort considered to be a bourbon? If so, I can quaff that stuff neat. I can't stomach straight Jims, or Jacks though.
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    ok here is my favourite shot. 1 half frangelico, 1/4 chambored topped with cream and chocolate dusting mmm called a wagon wheel.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • JordyWordy wrote:

same idea, but for a "mountain dew"...

replace the beer with 7 up or sprite, replace the cola with lime and a bit of lemon, then instead of a shot of amaretto, a half and half of melon liqueur and vodka.

also, a simple amaretto drink is over ice with club soda. tastes just like an old style cream soda. :)
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    i thought this was more of a shot than a drink. similar to a car bomb?
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    My dad makes his "house drink" every year. It sounds fricken gross, but it's not. Hmm...now if I could just remember what's in it...
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

pjfan31 wrote:
    ok here is my favourite shot. 1 half frangelico, 1/4 chambored topped with cream and chocolate dusting mmm called a wagon wheel.

O.k, well, If we're gonna talk all-time favourite drinks then there's only one for me. I plan to spend a year or two - beginning in 2009 - sitting on beaches across the world, drinking these babies....

Pina Colada baby! Pina Fucking Colada!

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/2036302/2/istockphoto_2036302_pina_colada.jpg

This drink almost persuaded me that there is a God.
  • glbglb Posts: 356
    i say saki, you say bomb.... SAKI... BOMB.... SAKI... BOMB!!!

there is a Rusan's near me that really makes these fun. They get the whole restaurant involved.
    "I've got things to do and things to say in my own way..."
  • Byrnzie wrote:
    Is Southern Comfort considered to be a bourbon?

its more of a whiskey liqueur....it's mixed with like fruit or something......whiskey for women.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I can't stomach straight Jims, or Jacks though.

Jack Daniels is a whiskey as well.....Tennessee crap.

Jim is a true bourbon....but a bland one at that....I usually do Maker's Mark, Eagle Rare, or Woodford Reserve.
    "It's all happening"
    its more of a whiskey liqueur....it's mixed with like fruit or something......whiskey for women.

Jack Daniels is a whiskey as well.....Tennessee crap.

Jim is a true bourbon....but a bland one at that....I usually do Maker's Mark, Eagle Rare, or Woodford Reserve.

How about some Wild Turkey? That stuff is strong!
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Is Southern Comfort considered to be a bourbon? If so, I can quaff that stuff neat. I can't stomach straight Jims, or Jacks though.
    Careful...that is what is rumored to have done in Janice Joplin.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Byrnzie wrote:
    How about some Wild Turkey? That stuff is strong!

I like Wild Turkey.
    "It's all happening"
  • JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    brainofPJ wrote:

granted its not the real thing, seeing as there is no dr peppers in it either!

ahhh...tayloring drinks to personal taste is what makes the world go round.

whats 151? a whiskey?.......

edit: i see now that its bacardi. niiiccce.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    JordyWordy wrote:

I've never heard of this. Sounds tasty.